Is 2010s PC culture here to stay, or will die off with time? -

Watermelanin

Proud self-hating degenerate
kiwifarms.net
Generally speaking, values WILL change over time. What IS going to be constant, however, is that there WILL always be some sort of Overton window. And that will define what the "politically correct" ideas of the time are. Political correctness used to look like "the catholic church is literally the best thing ever and if you disagree you will be ostracized or worse." At other times it was "niggers are beneath white men and should be considered property."
Modern political correctness is not really a "modern" phenomenon. It's only the modern incarnation of it. Hell, I could even argue that it's still politically correct to criticize "political correctness." The Overton window doesn't just move with time, but also space. Your Fox News watching boomer dad ain't going to take none of anyone's "black lives matter" shit, nor would anyone within his circle of friends.

As society shifts more towards "wokeness," the stronger the pushback is going to be. And when that tipping point is inevitably reached, a new norm will be established and people are going to have this same conversation, just about a different set of values.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
48529E9A-5815-494D-A6D8-44BF72462DFF.jpeg

Stay, obviously.

Why? Because the right kept shrugging every time they were deplatformed or lost a website, saying they could always move to another website. Now you are left with almost no areas remaining on the internet for them to spread their messages; Instead there are only a few hugboxes that have no influence. In the long run the information control will strengthen until the events that could potentially cause a backlash in PC culture are memory hole'd for the next generation. The past will finish being erased.

Now I know that kiwifarms is apolitical, but consider how @Null has been targeted by banks, has left the country, and is seriously considering giving up on the website if fundemental internet protections continue to erode away; All this because he is just trying to maintain a website that laughs at everyone and most importantly archives everything.

I don't like it, but that's just how it is at this point.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
PC Culture began its decline last year and Coronavirus helped to accelerate its downfall. On the surface it appears that the George Floyd murder has strengthened the movement but I have a suspicion that though a good thing for the woke left in the short term it will ultimately prove detrimental to them in the long term

FunPosting101

Ebin posting only. No other posts allowed. :DDDD
kiwifarms.net

Notgoodwithusernames

kiwifarms.net

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
PC Culture began its decline last year and Coronavirus helped to accelerate its downfall. On the surface it appears that the George Floyd murder has strengthened the movement but I have a suspicion that though a good thing for the woke left in the short term it will ultimately prove detrimental to them in the long term
Yeah, this is only a short term "fix", so to speak. Once it all dies down, I fully expect almost everyone to look back on all this and go "man that was dumb." Especially since the guy they decided needed to demand justice for was an actual criminal and not an innocent man.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
I don't think it will last forever, and I've been more or less low-key predicting the demise of SJW culture post-2020 Election for over a year now.

Used to be, I figured a Trump relection would more or less speed up the process of woke culture's demise since the corporate bigwigs would know 2016 wasn't a fluke and that the masses would be getting increasingly fed up with that shit.

The surprise success of Joker, Dave Chappelle's specials, and other targets of cancel culture in 2019 also helped back this up, as did events like the Weeb Wars and the Covington lawsuits where more victims of cancel culture started aggressively fighting back.

The Tara Reade scandal more or less killed #MeToo right then and there, and COVID-19 fucking up the economy and hurting previously unstoppable woke companies like Disney in particular also strengthened this prediction.

Matter of fact, I think the BLM coup happened because SJW culture is rapidly waning and they wanted to make the push while they still have the momentum and cultural dominance since Joe Biden is a complete dud of a candidate who couldn't win against Trump otherwise.

A lot of the true believers are in full NPC "now or never" mode and the neoliberal corporatists are throwing their lot in with them all at once because they don't want Trump in office since so many of them back the DNC and because they've already wasted so much money chasing the SJW zeitgeist that the sunk costs fallacy has kicked in hard for them.

If Trump wins 2020, it will die out completely since that would be a colossal blackpill for your DSA/BLM/Antifa true believers, the clout chasers and trend followers will look for a new thing to grab onto, and the DNC and neolibs will throw the far left under the bus to save their own sorry asses and maybe work on a new plan for future elections.

Had the George Floyd Rebellion not happened, then it would slowly peter out in a few years and a Trump reelection would speed it up a bit.

Now a Trump reelection more or less will guarantee a Seventh Party System if he somehow does pull it off in 2020.
Took the words out if my mouth if is this year doesn't kill off or at least deal of culture the crippling blow then I'm a monkey's uncle

SSF2T Old User

https://www.fightcade.com/id/KF-SSF2TOldUser
kiwifarms.net
Looking at how A&N has been blowing up with nothing but cancel culture and BLM articles, it seems like the left is pulling out all the stops to make sure that EVERYTHING they don't like is removed or changed to their liking.
The list just goes on and on. The worst part is that the companies that own these properties are (for the most part) bending the knee to these people. The ones that are not backing down and standing their ground are far and few between. Unless more people from the other side grow a pair of balls and retaliate, the only way I see this ending is if the left starts to point the rifles at each other, in which case, that list is already long due to how many groups think they are more privileged than the others.

Or if Trump actually does something about it. Declaring Antifa as a terrorist group was a good start, now how about going after the governors and mayors and other people in office in all the separate states pulling the puppet strings, enabling the crazies on twitter/tumblr/reddit/facebook, and letting all these riots happen on the streets in the first place. Make them accountable for their actions in not protecting their cities/towns.

Syaoran Li

All Punks Are Bastards
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Or if Trump actually does something about it. Declaring Antifa as a terrorist group was a good start, now how about going after the governors and mayors and other people in office in all the separate states pulling the puppet strings, enabling the crazies on twitter/tumblr/reddit/facebook, and letting all these riots happen on the streets in the first place. Make them accountable for their actions in not protecting their cities/towns.
At the risk of sounding like a "Trust in the plan" QAnon dipshit, I actually think Trump is planning to do just that, with declaring Antifa as a global terrorist network being more or less the opening act.

My best guess is that he's letting the Left get more insane and extreme and subtly putting the blame on incompetent Democrat governors and city governments while emphasizing the blame on Antifa and less on explicitly naming Black Lives Matter. It's kind of obvious Trump is pulling a similar move Nixon did in 1968 and 1972, where he's running as the "law and order, peace and stability" candidate and giving BLM and Antifa enough rope to hang themselves with.

He's doing the "peaceful protest is good but riots are bad" because a lot of Boomers and Karens fall for that sappy shit, and it's less likely to be used by the TDS crowd as effectively. I think the whole "good people on both sides" sound byte that was invoked after Charlottesville taught him that lesson.

If he were to start heavily cracking down and using stuff like the Insurrection Act, it's bad optics and could cost him the election. But there are reports of Antifa protesters getting busted by Feds and with stuff like the self-declared Capitol Hill anarchist commune in Seattle falling apart in less than two days combined with corporate elites going all in on cancel culture and supporting this shit, I think Trump and Barr are letting the SJW Left destroy themselves before making any big moves to scare the corporations.

My best guess is that Trump is waiting until the election is over and done with before he really cracks down. If he wins a second term, it's more or less open season and the corporate elites will most likely back down just to save themselves. The Antifa terrorist designation made this possible,

Now, if the DOJ and FBI do get some sort of smoking gun that implicates the DNC or certain big tech or media corporations in this in a direct and undeniable manner, I have no doubt Trump will release it to the public before the election and use that as campaign ammo against Biden.

As much damage as the neoliberal "GloboHomo" elites and their Anarcho-Communist and Black Supremacist toadies have done and are doing right now, I think they might overplay their hand.

Doomers will call me a naive optimist, but there's enough evidence that things are starting to go pear-shaped and the silent majority effect is slowly and subtly kicking in.

HBO Max banning Gone With The Wind from their streaming service was immediately followed by Gone With The Wind becoming the top selling DVD and Blu-Ray release on Amazon across multiple pressings and editions literally overnight.

Cancel Culture failed to kill Joker or Dave Chappelle last year, and now it's getting so draconian and ridiculous that it's created a Streisand Effect on steroids for Gone With The Wind and the attempts to cancel Paw Patrol and shut down Splash Mountain are going to be seen as one of those epitomizing lolcow moments for the SJW Left in the same way that Mazes & Monsters and Dark Dungeons were for the Religious Right.

Seriously, Gone With The Wind is considered one of the most iconic American movies of all time despite its dated depiction of the Antebellum South but it also netted the first Academy Award for a black performer in Hollywood, and it was one of the major Oscars no less.

Unlike Birth of a Nation, Gone With The Wind's racism is more easily taken as naive and dated as opposed to a violent propaganda piece.

Paw Patrol is a literal toddler's show and only perverted Antifa furries hated it before the 2020 riots. Really, it should be beneath suspicion more or less. But it getting cancelled is one of those moments so ridiculous and stupid that it becomes comical and turns more people against them.

If SJW's are so obsessed with preschool cartoons and theme park rides, why would any normal person put any credibility in what they say and why would they vote for a candidate who is in bed with the same activist organizations and corporations that are on board with such stupidity?

The SJW's better hope Biden wins 2020 or they are super-fucked.

Last edited:

TheProdigalStunna

I just wanna blend for God's sake
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Paw Patrol is a literal toddler's show and only perverted Antifa furries hated it before the 2020 riots. Really, it should be beneath suspicion more or less. But it getting cancelled is one of those moments so ridiculous and stupid that it becomes comical and turns more people against them.

If SJW's are so obsessed with preschool cartoons and theme park rides, why would any normal person put any credibility in what they say and why would they vote for a candidate who is in bed with the same activist organizations and corporations that are on board with such stupidity?

Only in an very near-utopia would microaggressions and the messaging of Paw Patrol and Splash Mountain be something people would even have the time to worry about.

We do not live in a near-utopia. I think everyone can agree on that.

Notgoodwithusernames

kiwifarms.net
At the risk of sounding like a "Trust in the plan" QAnon dipshit, I actually think Trump is planning to do just that, with declaring Antifa as a global terrorist network being more or less the opening act.

My best guess is that he's letting the Left get more insane and extreme and subtly putting the blame on incompetent Democrat governors and city governments while emphasizing the blame on Antifa and less on explicitly naming Black Lives Matter. It's kind of obvious Trump is pulling a similar move Nixon did in 1968 and 1972, where he's running as the "law and order, peace and stability" candidate and giving BLM and Antifa enough rope to hang themselves with.

He's doing the "peaceful protest is good but riots are bad" because a lot of Boomers and Karens fall for that sappy shit, and it's less likely to be used by the TDS crowd as effectively. I think the whole "good people on both sides" sound byte that was invoked after Charlottesville taught him that lesson.

If he were to start heavily cracking down and using stuff like the Insurrection Act, it's bad optics and could cost him the election. But there are reports of Antifa protesters getting busted by Feds and with stuff like the self-declared Capitol Hill anarchist commune in Seattle falling apart in less than two days combined with corporate elites going all in on cancel culture and supporting this shit, I think Trump and Barr are letting the SJW Left destroy themselves before making any big moves to scare the corporations.

My best guess is that Trump is waiting until the election is over and done with before he really cracks down. If he wins a second term, it's more or less open season and the corporate elites will most likely back down just to save themselves. The Antifa terrorist designation made this possible,

Now, if the DOJ and FBI do get some sort of smoking gun that implicates the DNC or certain big tech or media corporations in this in a direct and undeniable manner, I have no doubt Trump will release it to the public before the election and use that as campaign ammo against Biden.

As much damage as the neoliberal "GloboHomo" elites and their Anarcho-Communist and Black Supremacist toadies have done and are doing right now, I think they might overplay their hand.

Doomers will call me a naive optimist, but there's enough evidence that things are starting to go pear-shaped and the silent majority effect is slowly and subtly kicking in.

HBO Max banning Gone With The Wind from their streaming service was immediately followed by Gone With The Wind becoming the top selling DVD and Blu-Ray release on Amazon across multiple pressings and editions literally overnight.

Cancel Culture failed to kill Joker or Dave Chappelle last year, and now it's getting so draconian and ridiculous that it's created a Streisand Effect on steroids for Gone With The Wind and the attempts to cancel Paw Patrol and shut down Splash Mountain are going to be seen as one of those epitomizing lolcow moments for the SJW Left in the same way that Mazes & Monsters and Dark Dungeons were for the Religious Right.

Seriously, Gone With The Wind is considered one of the most iconic American movies of all time despite its dated depiction of the Antebellum South but it also netted the first Academy Award for a black performer in Hollywood, and it was one of the major Oscars no less.

Unlike Birth of a Nation, Gone With The Wind's racism is more easily taken as naive and dated as opposed to a violent propaganda piece.

Paw Patrol being the possible key to stopping the pc left puts it leagues above every toddlers show

Syaoran Li

All Punks Are Bastards
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Paw Patrol being the possible key to stopping the pc left puts it leagues above every toddlers show
True, but that would be the case with any preschool show the SJW's declared as "problematic" and demanded be cancelled in the name of "the right side of history"

Honestly, I think this is going to be a meme decades later just like Dark Dungeons was because of how utterly silly and asinine it is.

Hell, this is even more pathetic and inane than Dark Dungeons or Mazes & Monsters since at least D&D was a new type of game in the 70's and 80's and wasn't a literal cartoon for toddlers.

Only in an very near-utopia would microaggressions and the messaging of Paw Patrol and Splash Mountain be something people would even have the time to worry about.

We do not live in a near-utopia. I think everyone can agree on that.
Exactly, that's the kind of insanity that gets the average person to stop listening to these freaks and start standing up to cancel culture en masse.

People have real problems right now and the BLM/SJW side bitching about a goddamn little kids show is the kind of stuff that makes the Left look stupid and convince regular people to dismiss their whining, especially when done in conjunction with nationwide rioting and looting along with social media brigading over dumb shit.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This might be the end. It'll always been around. There'll be another blow up in a decade or so.

This is the death throws of PC Culture, in its current form. They're banning anything and everything they don't like. People are going to rebel against it since it means their favorite show can't be watched.

Made In China

kiwifarms.net
Just reporting that Gone with the Wind is the number one selling DVD on Amazon even in the UK. So it seems it's not just America that's upset the movie has been taken off HBO Max.
It's only being taken off temporarily so they can discuss historical context before returning it, whatever that means.

• Informative
Reactions: UnclePhil

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's not as important how many websites there are. Once a model that works is found, it can spawn many websites. People need to find the right technology stack and process to set up these websites. Is it a matter of money or technology? If it's a matter of technology, people will need to have to decide if they value freedom of speech enough to care, or if they have nothing of value to say. The root cause is the same: people do not realize what's at stake.
What are you talking about?

Tags
None