Is 2010s PC culture here to stay, or will die off with time? -

Jetpack Himmler

Creepy Little F--k
kiwifarms.net
Given how expensive a single MCU movie is, even by the standards of Hollywood blockbusters, an MCU box office bomb would kill the franchise, especially if it goes full woke and it's released in 2021 or later so they can't use COVID-19 as a scapegoat.
Just wait until Eternals is released next year. They are going for broke on woke with that one.

As for 2010s PC culture, it's firmly entrenched in Canada (AKA America's hat) with our woke PM and his cabinet pandering to the SJWs. Hell, on the provincial level, my Twitter feed is filled with morons who are trying to tell me that Jason Kenney (Premier of Alberta) is motherfucking Hitler. I've pretty much written the country off.

Tismguide

kiwifarms.net
That's an interesting post, but is it true? If you look at the colored vote, it's >90% Democrat. No matter how you split it up by education/ethnicity/whatever, the map is always 100% blue.

View attachment 1370866

Do you have any quantitative evidence that non-Whites are starting to vote Republican?

Immigrants are, by and large, in opposition to freedom of speech. in 2016, 49% of Hispanics said that people need to be more careful about the language they use to avoid offending people with different backgrounds, whereas only 32% of White people believed this. These gaps appear to have grown larger in the past few years.

I disagree with your claim that their kids tend to share their appreciation of America. There is some self-selection, yes, but there is also a huge "regression to the mean" effect. We can see this in Europe especially, where second-gen immigrants are far more likely to commit acts of terrorism.

Looking at the Democrats in the USA today, it seems like they realize it's far more profitable to inflame racial strife. Even if the Democrats are obviously pandering, most (non-Whites) will still understand that they're on their side. They would rather vote for a dishonest ally than an honest enemy.
It really all comes down to how well they assimilate. And at present, the answer is not very, and powerful groups have strong incentives to keep things that way. I was only arguing I didn't think it necessarily had to be that way. I see current immigration policy as indirect economic warfare to drive down the cost of labor first and foremost. Going to be very interesting to see how automation affects that.

Of course my anecdotes about immigrant families I have known have the selection bias that I (white) knew them.

Immigration will clearly lead to political shifts -- I don't dispute that. I just don't think it necessarily means one party state centered on the current Democratic platform so much as a realignment that will most likely be somewhat bad. Anyway I think you are correct as to the most likely outcome of unchecked replacement migration, but there's some chance assimilation will occur as with previous waves. I think which way it goes has much less to do with skin color than racialized agitprop, which is why the last few weeks have shaken me so much -- it's much more effective than I realized.

Spamy the Bot

Notorious Moon
kiwifarms.net
I think things will only get worse, because they always do. The real question is... can we even call this current madness Political Correctness.
PC was about being corporate speak neutral in tone, while the current one is about actively hating people.

The good side is that many of the advocates of this will be burned by the endless purity spiraling that comes with having ideologies like this.

Maratus volans

Peacock Spider
kiwifarms.net
I recently finished reading The Age of Entitlement: America Since the Sixties, by Christopher Caldwell, and it has been shaping my thoughts about both the recent racial unrest in the U.S. and about social justice trends more generally. Essentially, Caldwell's thesis is that the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the body of civil rights law that has sprung from it, represents a de facto repeal of the implied right to freedom of association that underlies the First Amendment guarantee of freedom of assembly; that in its place, the Federal government has instead created a power to directly regulate social interactions in the American public that it never had before, and in ways that directly undermine democracy and the power of the voter.

This is by design: the architects of the 1964 legislation knew that merely repealing Jim Crow laws in the South would simply result in Southern white voters using their majorities at the ballot box to reconstitute them in a slightly different form, and therefore the enforcement of civil rights would have to exist in a realm beyond the ability of voters to tamper with or block it. Black legal activism of the time provided one option - the use of judicial review to override populist legislation - and the new law provided another - the creation of Federal bureaucracies that could set quotas that courts could then use as benchmarks for determining whether laws were in violation of civil rights codes or not. The result has been that every attempt average American voters have made to halt or roll back the relentless expansion of civil rights has ultimately ended in failure; if you want a succinct example, look at the arc of gay marriage from the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996 to the Obama-era Obergefell v. Hodges Supreme Court case that killed it and its state-level successor acts.

The thing is, when the Civil Rights Act was being proposed, whites and blacks had radically different views of what it was and what it meant that are still around today. White people assumed that blatantly discriminatory practices that affirmative action were simply temporary measures that were required to get everyone on the same level, and that they could be repealed once that was achieved. To borrow SJW rhetoric, they believed there legislating for equality of opportunity. Blacks, however, saw the law as legislating equality of outcome, and they were not going to be happy with mere legal protections when they were still behind socially and economically. Many of the legal and bureaucratic decisions made since that time have been slowly fulfilling that promise. If whites at the time knew that cost of fulfilling the promise of the CRA would be the transfer from themselves to minorities of tremendous amounts of legal, cultural, political, and financial capital, they never would have supported it. Instead, they ended up sealing their own doom and sowing the seeds of almost all of the current cultural conflicts.

When white people now blame the current unrest on "racial agitprop," they're wrong, because they view civil rights through the lens of "equality of opportunity" and don't understand why minorities aren't happy with that. Minorities, meanwhile, are mad because they still, decades after the fact, don't have the equality of outcome they thought they were going to get, and they point the finger of blame at white people who are trying to cling to the vestiges of power. That power is rapidly eroding - Trump was one of its dying gasps - in the face of opiod addiction, joblessness, rising white mortality rates, and the increasing concentration of prosperity in the hands of well-connected elites who live in a select few major population centers. When SJWs crow that they are on the right side of history, they are pointing to this. The Democrats are now the party of wealthy elites, whose elite status allows them to dabble in virtue signaling without being at significant risk from it, and various interest groups who directly profit from Democratic programs and therefore have no reason to leave or rebel.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1364747

Stay, obviously.

Why? Because the right kept shrugging every time they were deplatformed or lost a website, saying they could always move to another website. Now you are left with almost no areas remaining on the internet for them to spread their messages; Instead there are only a few hugboxes that have no influence. In the long run the information control will strengthen until the events that could potentially cause a backlash in PC culture are memory hole'd for the next generation. The past will finish being erased.

Now I know that kiwifarms is apolitical, but consider how @Null has been targeted by banks, has left the country, and is seriously considering giving up on the website if fundemental internet protections continue to erode away; All this because he is just trying to maintain a website that laughs at everyone and most importantly archives everything.

I don't like it, but that's just how it is at this point.
The point you're trying to make here is heavily undermined by you using a screenshot of an Alexa graph as a source. More to the point, 4chan is hardly what I'd call a hugbox with no influence, https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-01-01 2020-06-10&geo=US&q=4chan
For the past few years, the influence of 4chan has waned slightly, but still remains high.
We should compare 4chan to other mainstream websites to get a good idea of where the conversation is going. Like reddit for example and another thing is that 4chan was split into two web sites which are 4chan and 4 channel. Maybe there is another growing website out there but thing is that we had not hit the 2020 election season, which will pick up the heat in August.

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
We should compare 4chan to other mainstream websites to get a good idea of where the conversation is going. Like reddit for example and another thing is that 4chan was split into two web sites which are 4chan and 4 channel. Maybe there is another growing website out there but thing is that we had not hit the 2020 election season, which will pick up the heat in August.
I did a Google Trends check on 4chan and reddit. Reddit was surpassing 4chan, but the thing with reddit is there is more to it than just politics; people use it for general advice like tech issues and mental health issues and all that. I don't think it's really that important, though there was a spike in both around 2015.

FunPosting101

Ebin posting only. No other posts allowed. :DDDD
kiwifarms.net
I did a Google Trends check on 4chan and reddit. Reddit was surpassing 4chan, but the thing with reddit is there is more to it than just politics; people use it for general advice like tech issues and mental health issues and all that. I don't think it's really that important, though there was a spike in both around 2015.
Reddit's more popular than 4chan because it's the mainstream normalfag site for left-leaning people. 4chan by contrast has had a reputation for being the home of the outcasts of the internet for as long as the normalfags have known about it.

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
Reddit's more popular than 4chan because it's the mainstream normalfag site for left-leaning people. 4chan by contrast has had a reputation for being the home of the outcasts of the internet for as long as the normalfags have known about it.
I'm center right and I do use reddit for non-political based issues. 4chan though for a site ran by outcasts does seem to affect the world every so often.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
I'm center right and I do use reddit for non-political based issues. 4chan though for a site ran by outcasts does seem to affect the world every so often.
I'd argue part of that is because 4chan(nel) is one of those "always nearby" things when it comes to the internet. By that I mean when something's bound to be important to Internet culture (like memes, Habbo Hotel raids, shit like that), the chans are always close by. Outside of Trump's election, Oprah being spammed and Scientology being attacked, I don't recall much on the chans that affected real life too much.

Yeah, it's either internet outcasts or those on the right-leaning side of things, but even then I noticed that many of the boards have started to lean towards the left with regards to content. And those that aren't are nothing more than containment boards (like /x/ or /b/) or dying out (like /3/).

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it's either internet outcasts or those on the right-leaning side of things, but even then I noticed that many of the boards have started to lean towards the left with regards to content. And those that aren't are nothing more than containment boards (like /x/ or /b/) or dying out (like /3/).
What boards are leaning left?

/tv/ isn't leaning left though you get a few left wing trolls. /v/ definitely isn't left wing. /a/ isn't necessarily left wing but they don't like politics in general including right wing politics.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net

/tv/ isn't leaning left though you get a few left wing trolls. /v/ definitely isn't left wing. /a/ isn't necessarily left wing but they don't like politics in general including right wing politics.
I've been notcing /co/ going down the rabbit hole. though admitedly, I don't browse the more troubled boards.

I always wondered why the chans were home to the more conservative and right-winger crowds, and I don't just mean after 2016, either.

Syaoran Li

Subscribes to Soldier Of Fortune
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Really, the only boards that I can think of as explicitly leaning left are /co/ and /lgbt/

The former is focused on capeshit and CalArts cartoons, so of course it's going to lean left while the latter is really only focused on the T and doesn't give a fuck about the LGB

/pol/ is right-wing and I'd assume /k/ is at least libertarian, while /a/ and /tg/ are apolitical and /x/ is just schizos and larpers, although it's recently become flooded with a lot of unironic Bible Belt traditionalist Boomer throwbacks for some reason

Syaoran Li

Subscribes to Soldier Of Fortune
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think it's here to stay as long as there are thin-skinned liberal soyboys that drink soy lattes.
I doubt it.

There are still fundie rednecks who think listening to rock music is Satanic and Zoomer neo-traditionalists like Nick Fuentes and The Distributist, but overall the Religious Right is dead as a door nail.

If this BLM coup backfires on the Left badly enough to secure a 2020 win for Trump, I could see a lot of corporations slowly dropping the wokeness for pragmatic purposes and with it, the SJW cultural zeitgeist of the 2010's will die out with it.

The true believers will always be there, but the trend chasers and NPC's will drift to the next big thing and the dyed-in-the-wool SJW's and your DSA/BLM/Antifa wackjobs will become more and more ostracized just like the traditionalists they oppose.

Then another round of moral guardian faggotry will start up and the cycle begins anew. Rinse and repeat.

Idiotron

Autismus Prime
kiwifarms.net
It's already going away.
It might seem like it's stronger than ever but, in the animal kingdom, an animal is the most fierce when it's the most scared, usually just before getting killed.
I think that's what is happening.
There's less and less people who support it (because more and more people get negatively affected by it) so the ones that still do support it feel the need to escalate things to keep the momentum going.
The effect of escalating things is that it pushes even more people away since most aren't extremists.

Last decade was the rise of PC culture.
This decade will be it's fall.

queerape

Gorilla gorilla goes Gorillaz
kiwifarms.net
Some aspects are here to stay- a lot of the changes demanded are going to be structural and lasting, and will become a part of life for future generations. Singular they/them, the restructuring of law enforcement, people being more inclined to believe allegedly assaulted women are some examples of changes that will likely persist. Other stuff, like the 100000 genders, otherkin nonsense, and made up sexualities will probably fade out as a trend. The SJWs themselves will likely become stilled when the permanent changes become set in and they realize they can go no farther and that they are in an acceptable place. The alt right will become stilled when they realize they now have nothing pushback against. At some point in a few years, society will reach some sort of equilibrium where aspects of both have become entrenched, but both have withered away due to no longer being needed.

FunPosting101

Ebin posting only. No other posts allowed. :DDDD
kiwifarms.net
Some aspects are here to stay- a lot of the changes demanded are going to be structural and lasting, and will become a part of life for future generations. Singular they/them, the restructuring of law enforcement, people being more inclined to believe allegedly assaulted women are some examples of changes that will likely persist. Other stuff, like the 100000 genders, otherkin nonsense, and made up sexualities will probably fade out as a trend. The SJWs themselves will likely become stilled when the permanent changes become set in and they realize they can go no farther and that they are in an acceptable place. The alt right will become stilled when they realize they now have nothing pushback against. At some point in a few years, society will reach some sort of equilibrium where aspects of both have become entrenched, but both have withered away due to no longer being needed.
I have never once called someone they/them and I never will, who on earth even complies with that unless they're under threat of losing their job? I doubt that people will be more inclined to believe allegedly assaulted women either, if anything I suspect that people will be less inclined to believe women now. The fact that the whole "metoo" thing got taken out back and shot through the brain once it became too inconvenient for both sides of the political spectrum is very telling, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pickle Inspector

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

Your city lies in dust, my friend
kiwifarms.net
It's here to stay and if it leaves it'll take 20 years or more.

People are comparing to the religious right, which works well to an extent. The Religious Right were authoritarian and bossy, just as the left is today in a way they weren't before. The left is now uptight and lacking playfulness; their version of rebellion is ugly rainbow makeup, gross gender-bending, and adorning yourself and your things with "revolutionary" slogans. They have tunnel vision the way the RR did, and the Woke Left (WL here on out) is equally as constricted in how they view their world, with their ideology influencing everything they interact with. They don't see gravity, atoms, electrons, etc; they don't see a world of man, woman, love, sex, food, work, etc; no, they see a world of social dynamics and power equilibriums, inequity and inequality..

The difference however is the this geist has taken over everything. This is closer to the rise of the bolsheviks than it is the Bull Moose Party. This is the rise of Christianity amidst pagan Rome, as others here have noted and I've noted myself. "Marcellus Flavius, my dearest of friends, I bid you to worry not; the upstart Christians will have their time and men will become proper Romans again, you will see them return to the old ways." It'll never happen. You have billionaires singing this song, teachers in schools, academia, the media; all people see today is the Message of the WL.

Even the counter-cultures are pro-WL. Go on, go into punk, goth, etc community websites and see what they talk about. They're actually at the forefront of wokeness. There is no anti-WL counterculture left, unless we're talking about internet-derived Proud Boy types and they just are laughingstocks.

Take the internet 10 years ago vs. the internet today. The Free Zone of the internet was taken over, piece by piece, until it became nothing but a corporate shell for approved mass media entities. Kiwifarms is pretty much the last major holdout for "say what you want, say racist and bigoted things, tell offensive jokes, just take what you can dish you" web 1.0 internet. Everything of the past is nearly gone. The "free speech" internet of the past is gone. Maybe people always modded like dicks, but at least you have diversity in your communities. We got baited and switched by places like reddit and facebook that began with very lax and open, web 1.0-style policies, and have now taken all the rules and rhetoric used by sob sister administrators on college campuses.

Music, movies, and to a lesser extent TV is ruined. There is so little good to see today. Wokeness permeates everything, not just nods or references or the little thing slipped in the script here-or-there anymore, but it now exists at the very core, in its plot and themes, with all the hamfistedness you'd expect out of WL-influenced media. Beyond that, everything is made for juveniles. Meaningful art is rare, and almost everything is throwaway superhero bullshit or a reboot of a once-successful IP so they can commit corporate necromancy on something that was once good and ruin it with an update that misses the point of the original and defiles it with corruption in our culture. Even video games have become wokeness sermons. The WL control everything.

The near-entirety of the media is run by the WL, and they control the message. When people hear the same message all around them, from different sources, it sets in. The few right wing sources are pathologized by the WL and even right leaning people will apologize for listening to Fox News just to get a perspective that isn't singing the praises of socialism and race identity politics. Think of the average person. They are in their own little world, they go on reddit to see cat memes and then everyone everywhere is freaking out about Trump. Most people don't grow up reading philosophy or epistemology or really know how to reason or think, they just follow the availability heuristic and the ideas around them shape their worldview just like in every other culture.

The WL have only just BEGUN testing the waters to see how far they can get away with censoring you. Twitter is being "the bro" for all the social media companies that want the same things and no doubt have discussed this among themselves tireslessly; the timing of twitter censoring Trump during an election year is not a coincidence, and trust me, they're testing to see how he reacts and how the government reacts. They know what they are planning on doing is very risky especially if Republicans win office again. We haven't seen the end of it, we've just seen the beginning and it looks so different from what we've seen before, that some people might think this looks like an ending. It's not. They only reason they haven't started censoring more if because they're too afraid of being called out for it by a Republican-dominated federal government. If Biden wins (hard to say) then things get really ugly because they know they have the full support of the legal apparatus behind them.

There's been no real sign that youth are rebelling. This stuff is implicit in schools. It's a given. It's barely questioned. Most of them are doing the gender bending shit happily at the behest of their parents. Youth barely even get to see the opposite point of view. If they voice it in school they get punished. There's only one way to think with the WL, and when it comes to FEELINGS and POWER DYNAMICS they believe they must remain vigilant and control everything written and known about those topics.

Rather than see a slow arc as we would expect out of a passing trend, we've only seen the WL take off to the moon in the past 2 years. We went from every corporation having a rainbow flag logo to, overnight, every corporation chastizing us about our privilege and how there is DEFINITELY a race issue in this country and if you don't agree, you are not a customer of ours, please do not point out that no racial motivated was ever mentioned in the George Floyd killing, please do not ask questions, please do not wrong speak or you will have to be removed.

This wasn't like this with the RR. Not at all. They were laughed at from the beginning by the media, youth, and. pretty much everyone else that wasn't a stodgy evangelical.

You guys can talk about it going away and think about your close friends and family and what they have to say, but I listen to what everyone everywhere is saying, I listen to what women say, I talk to people around the world, and guess what? The WL is on the rise everywhere. Eastern Europe, Island nations, South America, the body snatchers have already taken way more people than you think. Even those that aren't as loudly outspoken about it are amenable to it. They're sympathetic now.

It's just going to get worse. Almost every woman is woke now. Bachelors have no real choices for relationships with what women have turned into. Beyond the lying and using of men that has become commonplace in the information age where women get babies and coddled and spoiled by horny men and a feminist society that says that heavily implies maleness is largely inherently pathological, relationships are pretty much dead and if you're not having casual one-night stands, you're not having sex or really having any relationships to begin with. It's either orgy-porgy or sit home and take your soma.

None of the comparisons to the RR are apt if we're discussing staying power. This is something new and permanent. This is pretty much the end of what we loved. This was supposed to end a long time ago, we were assured, and now even more people have been claimed by the WL pod people, it's cemented in every institution, the WL are poising themselves to ostracize and socially exile anyone not of The Message, it's here, it's coming, and your optimism is not going to protect you from the world that lies ahead.

The modern age has been unleashed, the far left, WL seized it and they will shape the future of humanity.

If you want out, then you're gonna drop out of society.

We need new counter-cultures. Ones with daring and creativity. I only hope the hard times the WL are going to show us will be enough. As punk and goth rose out of the stodginess of Britsh culture in the 70s and 80s, so too I hope some social force discontent with the obsession on righteousness comes out and it's afraid to rebel, be a little bit mean, and be willing to embrace what society finds to be unvirtuous.

I wish I didn't have to spend the "best years" of my life in this kind of a hell of a world.

Last edited:
Tags
None