Is 2020 on the verge of being a repeat of 2015 to 2016? - I sense Dejá Vu

albertbrown26

#1 Bill Hicks fan
kiwifarms.net
With the exception of the recent news surrounding the happenings that are currently... well, happening, I do notice from time to time there are several recurring things that continue to be repeated in current day.

I would go over all of them, but I wanted to ask you guys first:
Are we seeing a repeat of things that happened four years ago in 2020, or is this just a case of things that were bound to happen because people warned us for years that this might happen?

It sometimes can get hard to keep track of what’s real and what’s fake, when it seems that you’re growing paranoid that you’re re-living the same day over and over again.

Last edited:

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
The phrase "History Repeats Itself" exists for a reason.

The only difference between back then and now is that now it's taking less time for our society to make the same mistakes they did in the past. Mainly due to the fact that all the wrong people are getting more of the attention than the people that actually know what they are doing or what they are talking about

Lone MacReady

Race Conscious Arthur
kiwifarms.net
2020 is different insofar as Trump's bluffs have been called prior to the elections. His base sees the unfulfilled campaign promises, the unfinished Kushner border fence being chief among them. People know he's just another politician now, under other circumstances I think Trump would be fucked. He is very lucky Biden's waterhead has overflowed in recent months. Not that Trump would be afraid of him, but if the majority would have a different "viably shit" option on voting day, I think they'd take Biden... IF he wasn't already mentally unfit for office. As it stands, Trump will coast to victory this year, but unresolved demographic replacement ensures 2020 will be the last "Republican" Presidency in America's history. If we somehow manage to make it past 2030 without civil war and America's demos firmly switch to Donkey Kong Country - America will cease to exist, and democrat super-majorities will reign.

albertbrown26

#1 Bill Hicks fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh no, this ain't a repeat. At least 2016 didn't have global pandemics started by the Chinese or riots that burned down a police station because some cops snapped a man's neck while restraining him.

I fear we're going to be in it for the long haul in the coming months.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t it proven that the man died because of underlying conditions with his heart? Some were speculating that it was COVID-19 on here.

Not to excuse the officer’s actions, even if I highly dislike the fact that a precinct was burnt down and what not, but it’s getting bizarre to see people wanting to “abolish” police because of one cop’s abuse of authority. I just don’t think these “peaceful protests” and riots are doing anything except make me question why people didn’t take the Hong Kong/China protests seriously.

All in all, I hope I’m not virtue signaling, because there’s no real or true answer here.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t it proven that the man died because of underlying conditions with his heart? Some were speculating that it was COVID-19 on here.

Not to excuse the officer’s actions, even if I highly dislike the fact that a precinct was burnt down and what not, but it’s getting bizarre to see people wanting to “abolish” police because of one cop’s abuse of authority. I just don’t think these “peaceful protests” and riots are doing anything except make me question why people didn’t take the Hong Kong/China protests seriously.

All in all, I hope I’m not virtue signaling, because there’s no real or true answer here.
If it is virtue signalling, then I worry this will set a precedent and be brought up as an example for any future attempts.

Because all the past riots that dealt with similar incidents didn't spiral this badly out of control. And yet, we've got nearly endless torching and looting and nearly killing a guy who wasn't a cop. Hell, I'm amazed the rioters haven't killed a cop yet themselves in all this.

Tags
None