Is 2020 on the verge of being a repeat of 2015 to 2016? - I sense Dejá Vu

Tim Buckley

Suffering
kiwifarms.net
2020 is the worst year of my life.
At 2019 we thought it was so bad that 2020 couldn't possibly get worse.
The infamous "this is fine" comic was a reaction to 2013 and they made a sequel for how "awful" 2016 was.
1111111111.png

sdfsadfasfasdfa.png

That being said, the pattern indicates that there's absolutely no reason 2021 will be any better, it seriously might get worse hahahaha.

And we're just halfway there on 2020.

Attachments

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2020 is the worst year of my life.
At 2019 we thought it was so bad that 2020 couldn't possibly get worse.
Coronapanic and crash, riots, and a circus US election coming up.

Truly a craptacular year, especially in America.

In my more pessimistic moments, this world seems to be a dark, broken, hopeless cyberpunk dystopia that only gets worse with each passing year - because scummy assholes run the show.

Last edited:

ComeoutandJULAY

BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BU-BURN TO THE GROUND
kiwifarms.net
It feels like all we really need now for this to be true is a fuckton of celebrities dying
It is a bit weird that a year defined by a global pandemic doesn't have a lot of celebrity deaths to its name (yet). The only one who died of corona off the top of my head is that Fountains of Wayne dude.

Then again, I do remember 2016 taking George Michael and Carrie Fisher in, like, its last week before peacing out.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My main concern is much of the left continue to focus on intersectional politics which fuels racial and various other tensions since it focuses on putting people into groups instead of treating everyone as individuals and for some incredibly stupid reason treats charactaristics like race, gender and trans status as more important than things like socio-economic status.

It's just as well the merge is imminent.
What's with these kids and anarchy? Didn't they pay attention to what happened in Mad Max?
It's virtue signalling to the extreme!

Plus you get to larp about as a revolutionist anarchist communist while looting some new trainers and Apple products!

Not great timing to be out and about in groups with the ongoing virus though.

littlearmalite

-and despair.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's with these kids and anarchy? Didn't they pay attention to what happened in Mad Max?
It's baby's first "I want to make social change without actually peacefully protesting, donating my time or my money to causes, or participating in activism that is dangerous to my health, because I'm not willing to risk anything for woke points."

Back in 2016 a black man got shot while being detained in my hometown. Alton Sterling. He was flipping CDs on the street corner, which I'm pretty sure is a misdemeanor of some sort, but whatever, so the cops shot him in the back while he was on the ground and already in cuffs with both of the cops detaining him basically sitting on him. When those protests went down, you didn't see nearly as much of this crap. There was peaceful protests, there was people getting shat on by the cops but holding their heads high because they know what's coming next go round.

Now? You've got a bunch of hood rats and fucking LARPers starting fires and breaking windows, and a bunch of OTHER larpers taping up their badgers and starting gunfights with college students because 'this is just like that one episode of Flashpoint, baybaaaay'.

Fuck all this shit, dude. We're not even halfway through this godforsaken year yet. Personally, my religion is basically the only thing that's kept me going. Faith that there's at least something better on the other side, in this life or the next, is pretty much all we've got at this point.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the left continue to focus on intersectional politics which fuels racial and various other tensions since it focuses on putting people into groups instead of treating everyone as individuals
That's the core flaw of identity politics: you're assumed to be automatically responsible for the actions of others of your kind - if your kind is deemed "oppressor" rather than "marginalized". And that means anything you do as part of an "oppressor" group can be "called out" as "problematic", a "microaggression", or other bullshit forms of "oppression" by asshole hipster types.

And as long as people think that way, tensions can never go away.

This lumping into groups can also explain the "woke" obsession with the word "community", even when no real community is there. Which is ironic given how divisive so-called "social justice" is.

Last edited:

Strange Wilderness

kiwifarms.net
They did but they think they'd be Max or Lord Humungus, Aunty Entity, Master Blaster, Furiosa, or Immortan Joe. All these people calling for the downfall of the system think that they are smarter or stronger than everyone else and would be King in the remnants of society instead of just random victim or random raider. Its the evolution of the Zombie Apocalypse scenario meme from the 2000's where all these people want society to collapse so they can do whatever they want because they think they're better than everyone else and would survive even though in reality they'd be lucky to live three days.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now? You've got a bunch of hood rats and fucking LARPers starting fires and breaking windows, and a bunch of OTHER larpers taping up their badgers and starting gunfights with college students because 'this is just like that one episode of Flashpoint, baybaaaay'.
You know things are getting ridiculous when idiot millionare's like Jake Paul are getting involved in the looting:

Tags
None