Is 2020 on the verge of being a repeat of 2015 to 2016? - I sense Dejá Vu

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
I often compare these repeat periods of violence, unrest and political discourses to the cycle of pennywise in it. In the book Pennywise emerges and then goes back into hiding before and after some horrible event strikes the town of Derry whether it's a lumberjack slaughtering a while bar, an iron works exploding, a gang shootout or the death of a child. If 2016 was what made him emerge hopefully 2020 will end and things will go quiet again...before it starts all over again

Return of the Freaker

The ass was THIS fat
kiwifarms.net
At least one thing Clown World of Current Year will likely do "right" is make Halloween 2020 a disturbingly insane day...

(like every other day this year so far)
I often compare these repeat periods of violence, unrest and political discourses to the cycle of pennywise in it. In the book Pennywise emerges and then goes back into hiding before and after some horrible event strikes the town of Derry whether it's a lumberjack slaughtering a while bar, an iron works exploding, a gang shootout or the death of a child. If 2016 was what made him emerge hopefully 2020 will end and things will go quiet again...before it starts all over again
Clown world could always use some more Curry

-4ZURE-

Kill Every Last One of Them!
kiwifarms.net
At least one thing Clown World of Current Year will likely do "right" is make Halloween 2020 a disturbingly insane day...

(like every other day this year so far)
You know it will be crazy as we will likely all be stuck inside due to Covid, so no Trick-or-Treaters are going to be causing the chaos.

Maybe instead of middle school children knocking on the door it will be people in their 20s and 30s ”collecting” cash for BLM. The Chaznites can play dress up in their destruction. In one corner we have Harley Quinn setting the post office on fire, Thanos is fighting with the police, Avatar Aang (but he is black) is giving speeches, and of course you have to have sexy Black Panther joining the riots.

Syaoran Li

Commie Punks Fuck Off!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know it will be crazy as we will likely all be stuck inside due to Covid, so no Trick-or-Treaters are going to be causing the chaos.

Maybe instead of middle school children knocking on the door it will be people in their 20s and 30s ”collecting” cash for BLM. The Chaznites can play dress up in their destruction. In one corner we have Harley Quinn setting the post office on fire, Thanos is fighting with the police, Avatar Aang (but he is black) is giving speeches, and of course you have to have sexy Black Panther joining the riots.
That made me think of something....

You know how a lot of SJW's are still perpetually pissed at their Christian parents for ruining their fun and how a lot of traditionalist Protestants/Evangelicals are vehemently opposed to Halloween and tried to ban it in certain Bible Belt communities? I know quite a few kids who had fundie parents who banned their kids celebrating Halloween, and a lot of those became rabid SJW's when they grew up and went to college.

As childish and autistic as it sounds, never underestimate the damage that the "No Fun Allowed" stance can do to a political or ideological movement, especially for the next generation of kids.

Even if it seems silly to us adults, moral guardians banning fun is the kind of thing that definitely sticks in the mind of a child and it will definitely have an impact on the kind of ideologies they will be drawn towards when they grow older

The Woke Left has been far more successful at banning fun than the Religious Right thanks to the power of social media and academia. Since the Woke Left have been some of the staunchest advocates of keeping these lockdowns in place, I imagine a lot of kids and teens will have their fun ruined in so many ways. Halloween will no doubt be cancelled this year in most states, and I think the impact the Woke Left is having on the media in general even before COVID-19 already did enough damage as it is.

Now we have an entire generation of kids who will remember the leftists taking their summer away and cancelling their Halloween, and not even letting them have escapism via TV and vidya thanks to the mass corporate endorsement of BLM and the power of cancel culture, to say nothing of all those teenagers who missed out on a lot of milestones because of this.

The Woke Left better hope their coup succeeds, because if Biden loses 2020, the Democrats will clean house and make the Woke Left pay in the short term. A Chinese economic collapse via the Three Gorges Dam collapsing or Trump amping up the trade war will harm them and the Late Zoomers and Alpha Generation will make them really pay in the long term.

The Democrats already have declared Bernie persona non grata for the 2016 election, and I can guarantee they will blame Antifa and the Woke Left in the event of a Trump victory in 2020.

If this happens, then they'll probably tie this new narrative in with the preexisting ones about Bernie Sanders and maybe even the "Russian collusion" narrative as well. I would not put it past them to air the Project Veritas videos on TV and present them as "brand new leaks" in this kind of scenario. And that's not even counting what Trump and the DOJ will do to Antifa and BLM with four years unimpeded by the prospects of losing an election.

As for the Late Millennial and Early Zoomer component of the Woke Left? The ones who are the most likely to be true believers and shock troops? Yeah, they're going to be even more hated and reviled than the Boomers are today, and will have none of the power and success the Boomers had as a generation.

Any way you slice it, Woke Left will get what they fucking deserve if Trump wins 2020.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That made me think of something....

You know how a lot of SJW's are still perpetually pissed at their Christian parents for ruining their fun and how a lot of traditionalist Protestants/Evangelicals are vehemently opposed to Halloween and tried to ban it in certain Bible Belt communities? I know quite a few kids who had fundie parents who banned their kids celebrating Halloween, and a lot of those became rabid SJW's when they grew up and went to college.

As childish and autistic as it sounds, never underestimate the damage that the "No Fun Allowed" stance can do to a political or ideological movement, especially for the next generation of kids.

Even if it seems silly to us adults, moral guardians banning fun is the kind of thing that definitely sticks in the mind of a child and it will definitely have an impact on the kind of ideologies they will be drawn towards when they grow older

The Woke Left has been far more successful at banning fun than the Religious Right thanks to the power of social media and academia. Since the Woke Left have been some of the staunchest advocates of keeping these lockdowns in place, I imagine a lot of kids and teens will have their fun ruined in so many ways. Halloween will no doubt be cancelled this year in most states, and I think the impact the Woke Left is having on the media in general even before COVID-19 already did enough damage as it is.

Now we have an entire generation of kids who will remember the leftists taking their summer away and cancelling their Halloween, and not even letting them have escapism via TV and vidya thanks to the mass corporate endorsement of BLM and the power of cancel culture, to say nothing of all those teenagers who missed out on a lot of milestones because of this.

The Woke Left better hope their coup succeeds, because if Biden loses 2020, the Democrats will clean house and make the Woke Left pay in the short term. A Chinese economic collapse via the Three Gorges Dam collapsing or Trump amping up the trade war will harm them and the Late Zoomers and Alpha Generation will make them really pay in the long term.

The Democrats already have declared Bernie persona non grata for the 2016 election, and I can guarantee they will blame Antifa and the Woke Left in the event of a Trump victory in 2020.

If this happens, then they'll probably tie this new narrative in with the preexisting ones about Bernie Sanders and maybe even the "Russian collusion" narrative as well. I would not put it past them to air the Project Veritas videos on TV and present them as "brand new leaks" in this kind of scenario. And that's not even counting what Trump and the DOJ will do to Antifa and BLM with four years unimpeded by the prospects of losing an election.

As for the Late Millennial and Early Zoomer component of the Woke Left? The ones who are the most likely to be true believers and shock troops? Yeah, they're going to be even more hated and reviled than the Boomers are today, and will have none of the power and success the Boomers had as a generation.

Any way you slice it, Woke Left will get what they fucking deserve if Trump wins 2020.
And the high school class of 2020 will probably be pissed they missed out on shit like prom, pranks, senior trips, and graduation.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Give Them Enough Rope

kiwifarms.net
Politics are cyclical anyway, every eight years you have people claiming their country is in shambles thanks to the current president, and then the country turns out to not actually be in shambles (unless you're from Africa or Southeast Asia), the country does decent assuming no terrorist cell stages a coup or mass murder, nothing happens, people die, nothing is done, rinse and repeat.

Twinkletard

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been having a fantastic year. Getting to work from home, making good money, not having to deal with traffic. Not having to do business travel (I fucking hate that shit). Not having to go to shitty events and parties.

Going to the store and seeing dumbasses (who would normally be coughing all over shit) having to wear masks. Not having to shake hands with people. Annoying assholes not in my personal space when I'm out.

Most of the stress I felt before all this happened is completely gone from my life and I love it. So it's a great year.

I don't think Trump's going to get reelected, but I didn't think he would the first time, so who knows? If he doesn't, it'll suck because Biden really is the worst. But if Trump loses, that'll be the only real downside to 2020 for me.

Tags
None