Is Antifa Team Rocket? - just a gay theory

Basil II

my dimension is augmented
kiwifarms.net
It used to be, and was for over a century. Then some dumbass misused it, a bunch of other dumbasses parroted the ur-dumbass, and now we have people desperately creating circuitous backronyms to "explain" why suddenly a word means something that makes no sense.

From what I can tell, the earliest modern use that isn't vague or probably coincidental comes from 2012 and probably came from the MGTOW scene. It very recently went from an obscure code word that only edgy internet losers used to a tired way to signal that you're a fad-obsessed dork who loves YouTube personalities.

edit: removed ngrams link because it doesn't actually have relevance due to the fact that "simp" was also apparently an extremely common abbreviation for something in the old timey days

People try really hard to prove that rappers were like totally saying it in 1980 therefore it's legitimate, but all known examples are massive stretches. For example, dictionary.com claims the line "Taking out all simps and suckers, y'all know the flavor, No Time" supports the new definition, even though it in no way does (and yes that's the entire context). Wiktionary says the line "A lot of simps won't like this song / 'Cause them punks like to hit it and quit it / And I'd rather stay and play" from Baby Got Back supports it, but again, it really doesn't. It's a massive cope because people would rather have the excuse that black people invented it, therefore it's cool. When in reality it was probably a bunch of 17 year old white guys who were mad at the world.
I'm just going off of listening to drexel say it back in 2019 and reading the definition of urban dictionary before the word became a big meme.

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
What pokemon ANTIFA would use?
They'd probably use pokemon that require friendship evolutions, but constantly whine about how they can't get the friendship evolution because of systematic oppression.

Also come on, Jessie and James have intelligence and a work ethic. Even Meowth fucking taught itself the language of another species. They pretty much kinda seem to be the equivalent of Team Rocket region scouts or something because they kinda just get sent, for free, to various regions for free and have clear health benefits.

Also we know James is an incredibly competent trainer if he wants to be. Every pokemon of his bonds with him. Jessie a little less so, but that's more to do with being a 16 yr old girl.

Return of the Freaker

The ass was THIS fat
kiwifarms.net
It used to be, and was for over a century. Then some dumbass misused it, a bunch of other dumbasses parroted the ur-dumbass, and now we have people desperately creating circuitous backronyms to "explain" why suddenly a word means something that makes no sense.

From what I can tell, the earliest modern use that isn't vague or probably coincidental comes from 2012 and probably came from the MGTOW scene. It very recently went from an obscure code word that only edgy internet losers used to a tired way to signal that you're a fad-obsessed dork who loves YouTube personalities.

edit: removed ngrams link because it doesn't actually have relevance due to the fact that "simp" was also apparently an extremely common abbreviation for something in the old timey days

People try really hard to prove that rappers were like totally saying it in 1980 therefore it's legitimate, but all known examples are massive stretches. For example, dictionary.com claims the line "Taking out all simps and suckers, y'all know the flavor, No Time" supports the new definition, even though it in no way does (and yes that's the entire context). Wiktionary says the line "A lot of simps won't like this song / 'Cause them punks like to hit it and quit it / And I'd rather stay and play" from Baby Got Back supports it, but again, it really doesn't. It's a massive cope because people would rather have the excuse that black people invented it, therefore it's cool. When in reality it was probably a bunch of 17 year old white guys who were mad at the world.
That Baby Got Back line is the dumbest reach. If they're hitting it at all, then by the "new" definition they're not simps.

Last edited:

Puff

God of Chaos
kiwifarms.net
They'd probably use pokemon that require friendship evolutions, but constantly whine about how they can't get the friendship evolution because of systematic oppression.

Also come on, Jessie and James have intelligence and a work ethic. Even Meowth fucking taught itself the language of another species. They pretty much kinda seem to be the equivalent of Team Rocket region scouts or something because they kinda just get sent, for free, to various regions for free and have clear health benefits.

Also we know James is an incredibly competent trainer if he wants to be. Every pokemon of his bonds with him. Jessie a little less so, but that's more to do with being a 16 yr old girl.
I never really considered this but how old is James? Why is he travelling with a 16 year old girl?

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net

How is 'simp is short for simpering' a circuitous backronym?

Unassuming Local Guy

Friendly and affectionate
kiwifarms.net
How is 'simp is short for simpering' a circuitous backronym?
I have never once heard someone say that. They always say it stands for "sucker idolizing mediocre pussy", which is stupid as hell.

If people said the simpering thing I might buy that it's not a retarded word for retarded people. But they don't.

Tags
None