LGBT Is Chris really qualified to be caring for Barb? -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Is Chris really qualified to be caring for Barb?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuzaki (L)

Disney lawsuit incoming
kiwifarms.net
These people all deserve an "optimistic" rating.
  • gummy
  • Satan
  • MrTroll
  • Dr. Meme
  • Clown Doll
  • meatslab
  • voker57
  • El Rodrigo
  • Lipitor
  • AnOminous
  • crayolasword
  • autisticdragonkin
  • AN/ALR-56
  • Yellow Yam Scam
  • Fallensaint
  • Elaine Benes
  • about:blank
  • Hortator
  • Spiraling Rainbow
  • Flame the Sunbird
  • BLUEBIRD
  • Ryuuzaki (L)
  • Doggy
I just voted yes for fun

Holdek

Down to where? All that is down is only my unclit.
kiwifarms.net
When Barb finally dies? I know Chris is obviously very incompetent, but realistically, he's not stupid enough as to just let her rot there thinking she's asleep or whatever.
Eh, according to @Huntin' Slash he kept talking to Bob about Sonichu for like 15 minutes after he passed because he couldn't read his dead expression.

Strine

a way a lone a last a loved a-log
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In the Rental House Tour Barb was whining about not being very mobile, so it won't be long before Chris has to physically assist her (which he's in no shape to do; aged care workers have to be fit to do it) and if she goes senile he'll probably still refuse to have her committed; he's terrified of life without her. They'll probably have to get an aged care worker to come to the house every day to make sure Chris isn't killing her with negligence, which he'll probably manage anyway. I feel bad for the pets, if Barb goes senile or immobile then they'll be even more neglected then they already are, and they keep getting new pets which are going to outlive Barb and sadly probably end up in the pound.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
In the Rental House Tour Barb was whining about not being very mobile, so it won't be long before Chris has to physically assist her (which he's in no shape to do; aged care workers have to be fit to do it) and if she goes senile he'll probably still refuse to have her committed; he's terrified of life without her. They'll probably have to get an aged care worker to come to the house every day to make sure Chris isn't killing her with negligence, which he'll probably manage anyway. I feel bad for the pets, if Barb goes senile or immobile then they'll be even more neglected then they already are, and they keep getting new pets which are going to outlive Barb and sadly probably end up in the pound.

Barb herself would almost certainly insist until literally her dying day that she will never go to a home.

I kind of agree with her right to do that actually.

But there is no way Barb herself would ever agree to be moved out of that house.

Kev

kiwifarms.net
Honestly?

Chunky having to look after Barb in her twilight years tome seems like icing on the great karma cake.

I can't think of any two people who deserve each other more.

Take good care of Mommy fat boy, cause when she's gone your really going to get a taste of how bleak the rest of your miserable life is going to be.
"If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not."

pickledance

Some kind of fag.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Given the history of hoarding and fire caused by it, I'm honestly surprised no ween has called Elder Protective Services on them.

I_Am_Honor_Roll

Poor Geno
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you'll recall, a few months to a year before the fire, Chris stopped being permitted to sleep separately from Barb, in his bedroom. He had to sleep closer to Barb, because she needed to be able to yell for him to go to sheetz and buy her crap, and he wasn't able to hear her up in his bedroom. He kind of tried to resist at first, but then she got super pissed and threw a tantrum. She wrecked his room and like flipped everything over because he was trying to sleep on his own.

Where is the link to this? I need to read this.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Long answer: No.

Short answer: Fuck no.

Chris does not take care for his elderly mother, as much as he now uses it as an excuse to still be living with her. Its the other way around, Barb takes care of Chris.
Barb's pretty dependent on Chris and his tugboat. Her financials are pretty bad compared to Chris'.

Edit: Or rather, I can't really ascertain whether they're bad, or just merely worse than Chris'. At the very least, I can say she's got quite a bit more debt than he does.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So first you say Barb is pretty well off, now she relies on Chris his tugboat, which is it?

His tugboat maybe helps takes care of her, but do you REALLY see Chris (the lazy) take care of Barb?

REALLY?
Where did I say that Barb was well off? That sounds like something I'd carefully qualify.

Chris does take care of Barb. Perhaps not well, but as well as she wants him to.

Financially and practically, Barb holds Chris back. She makes bad decisions for Chris that he wouldn't make on his own. She's also very unconcerned about his future.

bzewzi

Better Your Fucking Self
kiwifarms.net
I will sooner believe that Chris can fart rainbows.

Also, you kinda annoy me how you always come in threads pretending to be some sort of all knowing Chris-oracle. I've followed the silly bastard since 2007 and I don't claim to be that. Yet, you always wander in as if you have some sort of "insider knowledge".
...Because he does? He's the Man in the Pickle Suit, dude. He's literally part of the inner circle.

Gunslinger

Nuke the site from orbit...
kiwifarms.net
I think, though, with her advancing years, Barb is getting harder to deal with. Hence Chris' desperate attempts to reconnect with other family members. Barb is already crazy and paranoid, and senility would probably make her intolerable. Chris can't cope with people acting like normal human beings, God only knows what he'd do if Barb woke up one morning thinking it was 1963 or something. Due to his lack of theory of mind, his response when people aren't doing what he wants is frustration and anger. And lest we forget, he's incredibly selfish. If she started wetting herself, say, I could definitely see him ignoring it. Probably justifying it by claiming that she's trolling him.

A lot of very nice people become intolerable after they start to get senile. Barb was unpleasant enough that most of her family and one of her sons completely cut off all contact with her. She's already paranoid to the point of delusion and apparently sometimes violent from what @Marvin just said earlier in the thread, so I can understand why Chris has tried to get in touch with family if she's moving towards senility.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
A lot of very nice people become intolerable after they start to get senile. Barb was unpleasant enough that most of her family and one of her sons completely cut off all contact with her. She's already paranoid to the point of delusion and apparently sometimes violent from what @Marvin just said earlier in the thread, so I can understand why Chris has tried to get in touch with family if she's moving towards senility.

I think Chris could "take care of" her in the sense of doing dumb shit that she told him to do in a half-assed way under her actual direction. I don't think he could take care of her if her cognitive faculties got much worse. Even normal people are highly taxed by such things. Chris is just too autistic and stupid to manage it.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I will sooner believe that Chris can fart rainbows.
This is silly. Barb is almost, but not quite, bedridden. Or maybe bedridden is the wrong word. I'd say that, if Barb can avoid getting out of her chair and going someplace, she'll stay put. Nine times out of ten, she avoids going places by having Chris go places for her.

Chris taking care of Barb consists of him running errands for the household. Barb also can extract any additional chore work from Chris by screaming at him.
Also, you kinda annoy me how you always come in threads pretending to be some sort of all knowing Chris-oracle. I've followed the silly bastard since 2007 and I don't claim to be that. Yet, you always wander in as if you have some sort of "insider knowledge".
I do have insider knowledge.

I should start adding little "inner circle" icons to categorize my posts. Like if I'm posting something that I know because of insider knowledge, I add this:
m9vpjGP.png

So you know it's legit. :tomgirl:

Edit: Or actually, while I'm joking here about the icon idea, I will admit that I don't distinguish very well between things I know to be true (because of insider information) and things I only believe to be true based on my experience. Part of that is because I don't want to show my hand and get some of my sources caught, but I still want to share some information on Chris. I'll try to do a better job of clarifying which is which in the future.
I remember him. The kid who picked up Emily.
I think you misunderstand the nature of Chris trolling. It's very much a group operation. The actors you see are only the tip of the iceberg.

Every phone call you hear has an audience of maybe 6-12 people hanging around giving lines and suggestions to the actor. Of course, they also adlib a lot as well. Every email to Chris was composed by a group of people discussing the details and the best way to piss Chris off.

I know what I do because I was in that group. I've listened to hundreds of hours of Chris calls over the years, calls most people have never heard. (I'm not bragging, they're boring and uninteresting. When you've heard one call where Chris whines about his day, you've heard them all.) But I do think that means I'm something of an authority on what's going on with Chris.

I have lots of insider knowledge on what's going on with Chris today.
Small detail: Barb tried to intimidate Chris when she didn't get her way. She didn't strike him or anything. (Not that you're saying that, just to clarify.)
I think Chris could "take care of" her in the sense of doing dumb shit that she told him to do in a half-assed way under her actual direction. I don't think he could take care of her if her cognitive faculties got much worse. Even normal people are highly taxed by such things. Chris is just too autistic and stupid to manage it.
Yeah, Barb's surviving right now only because she can still vocalize what she needs to Chris. Things could get pretty unpleasant when that goes down the toilet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.