LGBT Is Chris really qualified to be caring for Barb? -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Is Chris really qualified to be caring for Barb?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKatWithTheBat

I have literally nothing to say about my life
kiwifarms.net
You guys think that, if shit gets to be too much for him, Chris would put a pillow over Barb's face while she sleeps? Would he be crazy enough to do that?

No, he wouldn't.

He may have the guts to hurt/kill people in his comic, but I highly doubt he has the guts to do it in real life.
He hit an old man with his car and pepper sprayed an innocent bystander.

I forgot he hit Snyder and about the poor employee that got pepper sprayed.

Still, I don't think he's capable of killing someone. He at least has to have the intelligence to know that he would be screwed over for life and never complete his lovequest because of it.

Last edited:

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
No, he wouldn't.

He may have the guts to hurt/kill people in his comic, but I highly doubt he has the guts to do it in real life.

I forgot he hit Snyder and about the poor employee that got pepper sprayed.

Still, I don't think he's capable of killing someone. He at least has to have the intelligence to know that he would be screwed over for life and never complete his lovequest because of it.

He could easily have caused serious physical injury to Snyder if things had gone just slightly differently.

He's too fucking dumb to know when he's doing something that seriously endangers himself or others.

drmccoy

He's got Autism, Jim.
kiwifarms.net
He won't kill someone. He just pulls incredibly stupid shit. He used to be on a load of anti-anxiety and depression meds. Is he still on them? How would that impact his...... strangeness.

Gunslinger

Nuke the site from orbit...
kiwifarms.net
He could easily have caused serious physical injury to Snyder if things had gone just slightly differently.

He's too fucking dumb to know when he's doing something that seriously endangers himself or others.

Yeah I think if Chris ever hurts someone seriously it will be because he's running away from the cops or security guards at some store. When he's afraid of getting caught for something he's done he seems to go into a blind panic and him driving like that is definitely dangerous.

A-№1

A Hobo With Options
kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly surprised no ween has called Elder Protective Services on them.
Given the nature of weens, it's a sure bet someone already has. Probably multiple times. That should give you an idea of just how eager protective services are to get involved in the mess at 14BLC.
Her financials are pretty bad compared to Chris'.
And that's really saying something.

I explain it this way: Chris isn't very adept at preparing financially for the future, but he does have a cargo cult sense of what other people do and he can recognize when he doesn't have enough for Some Lego. So he muddles along.

Barb doesn't give a fuck about the future.

So long as Barb has her hoard in her house and her Chris to get her more q-sands, the future and Chris can take care of themselves so far as she's concerned.
Chris does take care of Barb.
I think it's important to make the distinction here that Chris is more of a servant than a caretaker.
Perhaps not well, but as well as she wants him to.
And exactly as she wants him to as well. In other words the idea of Chris doing anything in Barb's best interest against her wishes is inconceivable.
the nature of Chris trolling. It's very much a group operation. The actors you see are only the tip of the iceberg.
From a certain perspective, Chris "trolling" resembles nothing so much as a multi year sociology research project by a dedicated team of various undergrads and grad students. Were it not for the whole lolcow aspect I would have expected several peer reviewed publications by now.
You guys think that, if shit gets to be too much for him, Chris would put a pillow over Barb's face while she sleeps? Would he be crazy enough to do that?
Not a chance. Never mind crazy, Chris is too fearful Barb might change the locks if he tried it.

In other words, offing Barb would be way too much change all at once for Chris to handle, and he knows it. Chris is very much in favor of sticking by the devil he knows.

Marvin or Alec or someone might have good cause to think otherwise, but everything I've seen shows Chris is absolutely terrified of losing Barb.

animedad

Notice how I logged off and stopped posting.
kiwifarms.net
The lovequest wouldn't end, it would just continue in the dang, dirty homosexual manner that he has sperged against for so long. :c

tehfolder

kiwifarms.net
Most people caring for their elderly parents are not qualified, but in many cases (as I feel is the case with Chris) are kind of forced into it. You can bet Barb would guilt trip the shit out of Chris if he even suggested she have outside help to take care of her.

Zarkov

In my cycle, we did not have fat autistic rapists
kiwifarms.net
Chris isn't caring for Barb so much as he is doing whatever she tells him to. She's lucky he's too much of a dumbfuck to grasp how much power he has over her, and that he's too lazy to resist her. But I suspect he has some sort of lingering, autistic attachment to her that helps him cope, if only because she's the only regular human contact he has left.

Mikazuchi

kiwifarms.net
Chris isn't caring for Barb so much as he is doing whatever she tells him to. She's lucky he's too much of a dumbfuck to grasp how much power he has over her, and that he's too lazy to resist her. But I suspect he has some sort of lingering, autistic attachment to her that helps him cope, if only because she's the only regular human contact he has left.

This is probably why she wouldn't want care from anyone else. With Chris, Barb knows she can browbeat him into doing whatever small tasks she wants and then count on him to let her bask in the hoard until the next time she calls his name. What's she gonna do when some new caretaker steps in who's neither willing to put up with her shit or enable her horrible lifestyle?

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
If it came down to it, I wonder if Chris would rather have her around or be rid of her.
He'd say he wants Barb to be there forever, but I think somewhere in his subconscious he'll be glad when she's gone. Chris is both mentally sixteen and six. On the one hand he desperately wants a mommy to take care of him. Make sure he's fed, clothed, and give him snuggles. He doesn't comprehend he fetches his own food when hungry or that he's been buying his own clothes for years.

On the other hand however Chris wants to do what he wants, when he wants. He wants his own room to sleep in, and to go out to where he wants, when he wants (his attempts at returning to the Game Place are certainly proof of this.) Barb actively prevents this. We know that months before the fire that Chris was no longer allowed to sleep in his own room. He's not allowed to go farther then Charlottesville on his own, and Barb prefers him to stay in Ruckersville because gas is expensive when she demands him to come home he can do so faster. She's not happy, so he's not allowed to be happy either.

Ultimately he'd cry and talk about how much he misses her, but I think he's going to miss her a lot less than he misses Bob.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And that's really saying something.

I explain it this way: Chris isn't very adept at preparing financially for the future, but he does have a cargo cult sense of what other people do and he can recognize when he doesn't have enough for Some Lego. So he muddles along.

Barb doesn't give a fuck about the future.

So long as Barb has her hoard in her house and her Chris to get her more q-sands, the future and Chris can take care of themselves so far as she's concerned.
Oh definitely. She doesn't care about neither her future nor Chris'. She'd positively wreck Chris' credit if it would make something more expedient for her.
I think it's important to make the distinction here that Chris is more of a servant than a caretaker.
That's a good point. Chris is Barb's remote control. "Care" implies he's thinking about things and making decisions.
He'd say he wants Barb to be there forever, but I think somewhere in his subconscious he'll be glad when she's gone. Chris is both mentally sixteen and six. On the one hand he desperately wants a mommy to take care of him. Make sure he's fed, clothed, and give him snuggles. He doesn't comprehend he fetches his own food when hungry or that he's been buying his own clothes for years.

On the other hand however Chris wants to do what he wants, when he wants. He wants his own room to sleep in, and to go out to where he wants, when he wants (his attempts at returning to the Game Place are certainly proof of this.) Barb actively prevents this. We know that months before the fire that Chris was no longer allowed to sleep in his own room. He's not allowed to go farther then Charlottesville on his own, and Barb prefers him to stay in Ruckersville because gas is expensive when she demands him to come home he can do so faster. She's not happy, so he's not allowed to be happy either.

Ultimately he'd cry and talk about how much he misses her, but I think he's going to miss her a lot less than he misses Bob.
I agree with this, but I'd also say that Barb is losing her grip on Chris.

I don't think she's very effective Barb at controlling Chris outside the house anymore. Like he's driven to Richmond suburbs before*, halfway across the state, to find places to buy amiibos. He doesn't give a fuck. I don't know how much Barb knows about it, if at all. I can't imagine she'd OK him driving across the state to buy some toys.

* My sources tell me this, Chris hasn't posted about it or anything.

A-№1

A Hobo With Options
kiwifarms.net
She's lucky he's too much of a dumbfuck to grasp how much power he has over her, and that he's too lazy to resist her.
Sort of. Chris really only has potential power over Barb. It's not just a quote from Spiderman: With power really does come responsibility, and Chris doesn't want responsibility. For all that Barb abuses and uses Chris, he still is much more comfortable letting her "handle things" than making any tough decisions himself. And to a certain extent that approach is still working out for him. There's no chance Chris would be back at a rebuilt 14BLC had Barb not "handled things" for him. Not that Barb herself is particularly qualified to manage their affairs, but what she lacks in intelligence, forethought, and planning she makes up for with unpleasantness.

Of course a time is coming, gradually, when it won't work out for him.
Like he's driven to Richmond suburbs before, halfway across the state, to find places to buy amiibos.
There is a big difference, though, between making an extended toy run and deciding to strike out on his own entirely. I suspect that if an sudden break is ever made, it will be entirely by accident, or at least unintended.
I can't imagine she'd OK him driving across the state to buy some toys.
There's no way in hell she'd be happy about it. These little excursions of Chris' are quite possibly the single biggest threat to Barb's way of life. Every time Chris slips her leash he runs a chance of fucking up in public once again. Not that she particularly cares for Chris' sake, but an incarcerated Chris can't be sent out for q-sands.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is a big difference, though, between making an extended toy run and deciding to strike out on his own entirely. I suspect that if an sudden break is ever made, it will be entirely by accident, or at least unintended.
Oh, I don't mean to say that he's becoming more independent in a meaningful way. Just that Barb doesn't exert control on where he goes.
There's no way in hell she'd be happy about it. These little excursions of Chris' are quite possibly the single biggest threat to Barb's way of life. Every time Chris slips her leash he runs a chance of fucking up in public once again. Not that she particularly cares for Chris' sake, but an incarcerated Chris can't be sent out for q-sands.
I don't have much to go on, but I get the impression that Barb shares Chris' view that he's just a victim of circumstances. I mean, she might've regarded the pepper spray thing itself as a problem, but instead of saying "chrissun you dumb dumb, you keep fucking up", she's saying "chrissun you dumb dumb, you carried pepper spray". If there was no pepper spray and Chris got in trouble for trespassing, she'd be definitely be defending him.

So I don't think she would consider there's a practical risk of Chris getting in trouble. I think she'd just get more mad that Chris was disobeying her.

A-№1

A Hobo With Options
kiwifarms.net
I find it odd that Chris just drives all over in search for Amiibos to hack up instead of just bulk ordering case waves online.
Really? I would find it odd if it were anyone other than Chris.
If there was no pepper spray and Chris got in trouble for trespassing, she'd be definitely be defending him.
In public, definitely. Chris could commit premeditated murder and Barb would still defend him publicly.

In private I think there would be hell to pay, especially if Chris fucks up while on an unsanctioned excursion. Not for any concern of what Chris might have done or with any regard to guilt or innocence, but simply because Chris put her q-sand vector into jeopardy by going AWOL.

A-№1

A Hobo With Options
kiwifarms.net
I find it odd that Chris just drives all over in search for Amiibos to hack up instead of just bulk ordering case waves online.
I've thought about this a little further, and you may be on to something there.

Do we know how tight a leash Barb is keeping on Chris' finances? With her debts from rebuilding 14BLC etc. they are both now floating on Chris' tugboat, and Barb may well be keeping a sharper eye on what Chris buys online at home. Driving all over hell and gone may be the only way for Chris to get away from Barb's control to spend his tugboat the way he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.