Is "equality" THE most overrated word in human history? -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
To reiterate my point, equality means everything is the same, if everything's the same then that's the same as stagnation which is a form of death, actual social progress will grind to a talk.

I can imagine a nightmare scenario where technological progress grinds to a halt, suddenly new tech is inferior to what came before it, suddenly no one knows how to maintain things, planes literally start dropping from the sky, nuclear reactors start melting down.

Look at the environment is silicon valley where everyone is being hired based on "muh diversity" instead of actual merit.

A society based on everything being "equal" and not on merit is a society that will collapse in on itself.
If you put it that way then "equality" is less overrated, but more a harmful sham religion.

KimCoppolaAficionado

The most underrated actor of the 21st century
kiwifarms.net
Shit, you right, some people are better at some things than others, I guess that means we should put the niggas and Romanians back in chains.

Dom Cruise

Spooky!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shit, you right, some people are better at some things than others, I guess that means we should put the niggas and Romanians back in chains.

Wow, is that one big strawman.

I'm not saying we have to put anyone back in chains, just that society shouldn't grind itself to a halt in this insane quest for perfect equity in all things because that's just not reality.

Syaoran Li

Spooky Vampire
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wow, is that one big strawman.

I'm not saying we have to put anyone back in chains, just that society shouldn't grind itself to a halt in this insane quest for perfect equity in all things because that's just not reality.

I get what you're trying to say, but the OP was worded pretty badly.

Equality of opportunity and meritocracy are good things to advocate for, but don't go full blackpill or Alt-Right because that's what the bigwigs want you to do. @The Last Stand linked a PSA post in this thread that is very much true.

Coincidentally, you and @The Last Stand are two of my favorite Kiwis on here, but that's neither here nor there.

bothiggedyhog

Thank fucking god its all coming to the light.
kiwifarms.net
humans thrive on inequality, where would we be if we admitted we're all just as shit as each other?
we'd be bored. we'd be fags.

Tismguide

kiwifarms.net
What normies hear when they hear "equality": Why is there only one black kid in my college physics class of 50?
What aspies hear when they hear "equality": Everyone must be exactly the same. Government control chips to reduce cognitive abilities will be ready for implantation via COVID vaccine soon, please remain in your pod until then.
How old I was when I realized this difference: embarrassingly old

Don't get me wrong, all the recent wokeshit is infuriating, but I don't think it's leading society to ruin. Propaganda has to have short simple messages so normies can absorb it. Nuance and detail just confuse them. If anything it's trying to come up with a scapegoat for why some things are so unequal rather than actually talk about real problems.

@Dom Cruise You seem like you may be becoming radicalized. Would you like help with that? Me and some boys are building a big igloo, and we could use your help. If you're interested, call (801) 579-1400 and ask for Agent Johnson.

truth that is being actively hidden.
If the Democrats could stop lying and censoring for five minutes I probably never would have left the fold. The rapid progression among our fellow farmers in recent days has been amazing.

Last edited:

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No. That would be 'diversity', which is described as an unalloyed good, many times as 'our strength', which implies it's the best thing a group can be.

But it is a nebulous concept that has come to literally mean nothing, as if you want to know anything about what that diversity entails, how it's a strength, what specific requirements for diversity are expected, you have to ask people who very much don't want to answer that question. It is now an empty buzzword that only represents an empty concept, as generic a virtue signal as you can get.

Equality still has value. Not equality of outcome, which is equity and inherently flawed, but often part of the motte and bailey of equality. But a base equality, trying to get a better equality of opportunity that people are offered, is I think worth striving for. It also makes the current riots that much more ironic with how many of the black protestors are alongside white kids from wealthy families who have a massive safety net and ability to leave the area if things go south, either that night or for the next few generations.

So in fighting for equity, they're actually making equality worse. If they actually cared as much as they say, maybe they'd think about that.

But no, equality has not lost all meaning
Yet. They're trying, though. Let's see if they will succeed.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
This question is so dumb and gay I can't really wrap my mind around an answer it's like asking me to explain how rubbing dog shit on yourself doesnt cure cancer.

No? I guess? since the definition your using is based on US politics and only from one perspective you may have well have suggested austerity is meaningless.

Last edited:

ZeCommissar

This paper contains all the reasons you're a fag
kiwifarms.net
I am immediately suspicious of anyone that says "equality is dead/doesn't exist"

What exactly do you mean? That some groups of people are naturally better than others? That they should be considered better than others by their birthright? Hell no! Meritocracy is the only way to go.

Don't get me wrong. I believe the current idea of SocJus "equality" to be absurd. People are to earn respect, not given it. But that doesn't mean you treat groups of people with all of the same brush, especially if we are talking about race, nationality, sex etc.

Judging people on their intrinsic characteristics is a sign of a weak person. Judge them on something they can control, and that is their actions.

Last edited: