Is Hate Crime a Media Creation & Does it Discriminate against the Majority ?

PinstripeLuns

Oy vey!
kiwifarms.net
Well, I think the whole hate crime thing is damaging, not just to white people but to race & inter-faith relations too. I can only guess that you're in the US, so please remember that we don't have free speech in the UK anymore, it has been destroyed by so called liberals who can often be members of the Conservative party, so basically, it's far too easy to shut people down here with cries of "racism," or Islamophobia etc. etc.

It's nearly impossible for anyone to have a reasonable debate about race or religion & if you're in the public eye, you aren't allowed an opinion that goes against the mainstream view, or the Twitter mob, or even the man, will have you sacked. Just today, I was reading about a Christian doctor who was sacked for daring to suggest the idea that there are only 2 genders & he refused to call men pretending to be women "her." And yet a Pakistani doctor who sexually assaulted a nurse, was found guilty & entered onto the sex offenders register, was allowed to keep his job as he used the "cultural differences" excuse. Even though it's against NHS/government policy to employ known sex offenders. It's double standards & breeds resentment.

Yes, we have free speech. People say we don't all the time but honestly, I don't see where we don't have free speech, what's making anybody think that?

Yeah, that case is bullshit and the Pakistani doctor should have been imprisoned or at least fired, but these problems aren't widespread. It could always be worse, just suck it up unless it's a problem for nearly everyone.

Rancid Flid

Panzer vor !
kiwifarms.net
Yes, we have free speech. People say we don't all the time but honestly, I don't see where we don't have free speech, what's making anybody think that?

Yeah, that case is bullshit and the Pakistani doctor should have been imprisoned or at least fired, but these problems aren't widespread. It could always be worse, just suck it up unless it's a problem for nearly everyone.

But how can we honestly say that we have free speech if we have laws on hate speech ? I think we pretend we have free speech but haven't since the 90's when we adopted European rulings on human rights.
Yes, we can say virtually anything negative about the queen or government but can we do the same for Islam or Judaism without being accused of so called hate speech ?

Anybody that says that the UK has free speech is kidding themselves. With the exception of inciting violence, we should be allowed to say anything we want to without fear of arrest or prosecution & if there are restrictions on our speech, which there is, then we don't have free speech, it's all or nothing imho.

I'm not sure we can tell how widespread these problems actually are, we'd have to look at every news source every day to get an idea & even then, it's very often not reported. To be fair, I've seen stories that have affected plenty of black people in the same way as the Christian doctor, so it's not exactly a racial problem but it seems like the Christians are the ones who have the lesser rights among UK religious groups & they're the most criticised too.

I can suck it up, it is what it is but I'm not happy about it & it's becoming easier for the government to keep removing our rights a little at a time. We've even got Manchester police tweeting that they want people to report "non-crime hate !" I mean wtf does that term even mean ?

M

MW 590

kiwifarms.net
But how can we honestly say that we have free speech if we have laws on hate speech ? I think we pretend we have free speech but haven't since the 90's when we adopted European rulings on human rights.
Yes, we can say virtually anything negative about the queen or government but can we do the same for Islam or Judaism without being accused of so called hate speech ?

Anybody that says that the UK has free speech is kidding themselves. With the exception of inciting violence, we should be allowed to say anything we want to without fear of arrest or prosecution & if there are restrictions on our speech, which there is, then we don't have free speech, it's all or nothing imho.

I'm not sure we can tell how widespread these problems actually are, we'd have to look at every news source every day to get an idea & even then, it's very often not reported. To be fair, I've seen stories that have affected plenty of black people in the same way as the Christian doctor, so it's not exactly a racial problem but it seems like the Christians are the ones who have the lesser rights among UK religious groups & they're the most criticised too.

I can suck it up, it is what it is but I'm not happy about it & it's becoming easier for the government to keep removing our rights a little at a time. We've even got Manchester police tweeting that they want people to report "non-crime hate !" I mean wtf does that term even mean ?
But hate speech laws can be enforced the right way. For example, they can be used to prosecute Wahhabi Imans for preaching hatred, or those who advocate pushing collective guilt on whites for the crimes of their ancestors.

Rancid Flid

Panzer vor !
kiwifarms.net
But hate speech laws can be enforced the right way. For example, they can be used to prosecute Wahhabi Imans for preaching hatred, or those who advocate pushing collective guilt on whites for the crimes of their ancestors.

We didn't need extra laws to prosecute a hate preacher, that would have previously been covered by something like incitement/encouragement of violence but honestly, this country took about 10 years to deport Abu Hamza, a notorious hate-preacher, so even with hate-speech laws, it doesn't always work the way we'd like it to.

I've never heard of anyone being prosecuted or even silenced for blaming all whites for any crimes their ancestors may or may not have committed. In fact, those type of sentiments are almost encouraged here, sadly.

Exigent Circumcisions

I bring nothing to the table.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've never heard of anyone being prosecuted or even silenced for blaming all whites for any crimes their ancestors may or may not have committed. In fact, those type of sentiments are almost encouraged here, sadly.
Well, should they be? Do you want it both ways? I understand that you don't like that people say that shit but as long as it's not incitement to violence what's the issue?

Rancid Flid

Panzer vor !
kiwifarms.net
Well, should they be? Do you want it both ways? I understand that you don't like that people say that shit but as long as it's not incitement to violence what's the issue?

Should people be prosecuted for blaming whitey ? No, of course not, that would be super fucking exceptional.
Do I want what both ways ? No & yes but I'm not bi.
If you're asking me do I object to niggers & leftists constantly blaming whitey for everything, then fuck yeah. Do I believe they should have the right to spout stuff I don't like or want to hear ? Yes. I believe in free speech as long as it's not inciting violence, I'd be a hypocrite if I said different. I'd also like the right to argue against these pricks but due to my countries ridiculous laws, I can't really, not without being accused for some 'ism or possibly arrested. I just want equal rights for all, including whites.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We didn't need extra laws to prosecute a hate preacher, that would have previously been covered by something like incitement/encouragement of violence but honestly, this country took about 10 years to deport Abu Hamza, a notorious hate-preacher, so even with hate-speech laws, it doesn't always work the way we'd like it to.
Laws against hurty words and meany punches are fake and gay.

If people are incompatible and do not get along, they should be separate.

The hook-handed Sunni dog would have been locked up or exiled quick smart had he tried that shit in Iran.

PinstripeLuns

Oy vey!
kiwifarms.net

God you're a pussy, if you wanna be a victim so much wear a sign saying "curb stomp me please".

Yes, we can criticise Islam and Judaism, you probably yell a bunch of slurs and claim that it's criticism while huffing your own fumes dude. If you are actually criticising though, why do you care if someone says you're committing hate speech? Ignore them. What are they gonna do? Report you? The police aren't as incompetent as you think.

Listen, mate, buddy, chum, Christians have the same rights as anyone else here. Ex-Catholic here, and in no way was anyone ever oppressed. Sure, maybe the media isn't as delicate with Christians as much as Muslims or Jews but what are they gonna do? Dismantle the religion? Nobody's gonna stop believing because nobody has before.

Sauce? Even if that's true, who actually gives a shit about what the police say outside of "don't commit crimes"? What, do you?

Rancid Flid

Panzer vor !
kiwifarms.net
God you're a pussy, if you wanna be a victim so much wear a sign saying "curb stomp me please".

Yes, we can criticise Islam and Judaism, you probably yell a bunch of slurs and claim that it's criticism while huffing your own fumes dude. If you are actually criticising though, why do you care if someone says you're committing hate speech? Ignore them. What are they gonna do? Report you? The police aren't as incompetent as you think.

Listen, mate, buddy, chum, Christians have the same rights as anyone else here. Ex-Catholic here, and in no way was anyone ever oppressed. Sure, maybe the media isn't as delicate with Christians as much as Muslims or Jews but what are they gonna do? Dismantle the religion? Nobody's gonna stop believing because nobody has before.

Sauce? Even if that's true, who actually gives a shit about what the police say outside of "don't commit crimes"? What, do you?

I'm a pussy because I've got a different opinion to you ? How very mature.

I suppose you've forgotten about Boris Johnson's comments about the niqab looking like a letterbox & the Met police investigating as to whether he'd committed a hate crime or not ? Or the constant cries about Corbyn being anti-Semetic when the founder of Momentum is a Jew ? Yes, we can say anything we like about Jews & Muzzies without fear of repercussion, of course we can. Lol.

Why do I care about so called hate speech ? That ought to be obvious really but I think I'd be wasting my time explaining. Thanks for your invaluable input though.

If you think I'm lying about Manc police, look it up yourself if you're that bothered because I don't care what you believe.

Trappy

kiwifarms.net
If you think I'm lying about Manc police, look it up yourself if you're that bothered because I don't care what you believe.
Don't forget Wiltshire police posting threats on Twitter and South Yorkshire police urging people to report "non-crime hate incidents".

Lemmingwise

I paid the right click price, not the crypto price
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Christians have the same rights as anyone else here. Ex-Catholic here, and in no way was anyone ever oppressed. Sure, maybe the media isn't as delicate with Christians as much as Muslims or Jews but what are they gonna do?

He's british and there christians don't have the same rights as muslims (or jews) in practise. Just look at Lauren Southern being banned from the country from christian/muslim swapping from "god is gay" to "allah is gay", whereas the original "god is gay" protest received no legal repercussions.

PinstripeLuns

Oy vey!
kiwifarms.net
I'm a pussy because I've got a different opinion to you ? How very mature.

I suppose you've forgotten about Boris Johnson's comments about the niqab looking like a letterbox & the Met police investigating as to whether he'd committed a hate crime or not ? Or the constant cries about Corbyn being anti-Semetic when the founder of Momentum is a Jew ? Yes, we can say anything we like about Jews & Muzzies without fear of repercussion, of course we can. Lol.

Why do I care about so called hate speech ? That ought to be obvious really but I think I'd be wasting my time explaining. Thanks for your invaluable input though.

Oh come on, saying the niqab looks like a letterbox is just a wee disrespectful and it was unnecessary. You're forgetting these guys are prominent figures hated by the media, of course they're going to claim anything they say is offensive.

No, I refuse to think you actually believe you're oppressed because of the words "hate speech", it's stupid.

Again, no, since nobody is going to listen to the police. Nobody does, everybody hates them, especially minorities.

He's british and there christians don't have the same rights as muslims (or jews) in practise. Just look at Lauren Southern being banned from the country from christian/muslim swapping from "god is gay" to "allah is gay", whereas the original "god is gay" protest received no legal repercussions.

Well I guess that sucks for her, but I really don't see any other rights of ours being taken away that are actually problems.

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well I guess that sucks for her, but I really don't see any other rights of ours being taken away that are actually problems.

That's moving the goalposts pretty far and pretty quickly from "there is no difference in rights" to "the difference in rights won't grow, and even if they do some of those changes aren't actually problems".

PinstripeLuns

Oy vey!
kiwifarms.net
That's moving the goalposts pretty far and pretty quickly from "there is no difference in rights" to "the difference in rights won't grow, and even if they do some of those changes aren't actually problems".
Sure, what do you want me to spell out that I've changed my mind? You convinced me, good job.

Rancid Flid

Panzer vor !
kiwifarms.net
Oh come on, saying the niqab looks like a letterbox is just a wee disrespectful and it was unnecessary. You're forgetting these guys are prominent figures hated by the media, of course they're going to claim anything they say is offensive.

No, I refuse to think you actually believe you're oppressed because of the words "hate speech", it's stupid.

Again, no, since nobody is going to listen to the police. Nobody does, everybody hates them, especially minorities.

I didn't mention the media, I said the police decided to investigate if it was a hate crime. Please pay attention.

You refuse to think ? Yep, we finally agree on something.

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sure, what do you want me to spell out that I've changed my mind? You convinced me, good job.

You can see my history and see that when people do admit mistake or are otherwise contrite, I do nothing but positively praise the response.

I wouldn't have rubbed your face in it if your response didn't sound like "so what!?", as in still refusing to acknowledge it. That's why the "actually problems" comment surprised me, as if the difference just established isn't actually a problem itself.

Typically when people recognize an injustice that previously escaped their attention, they don't still give a half-hearted defense. I mean, respond how you want to, but it does strike me as odd for someone that changed their mind as you say. Perhaps I read more into it and something got lost in interpretation, that's how it seemed to me.

Why else ask in regards to "actually problems"? Isn't this actually a problem? If there is one example that you didn't know about, how many more of them could be out there?