Is Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons an Antifa supporter? - Also a general Forgotten weapons and InRangeTV thread.

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He loaned the rifle to 9 Hole. When you air quote expert are you talking about Karl?

Deviant Ollam is a pentester who seems to focus on physical stuff. I.E. a component of infosec or hacker culture, which is why I assumed Karl was in the same boat.
Yeah, I mean what Karl brought to InRange was the fact that he was a highly competitive shot. Yet when Ian goes to immense trouble to import an extremely hard to source Sniper rifle, he sends it to another channel?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Marco Fucko

Marco Fucko

I fantasized about this back in Chicago
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I mean what Karl brought to InRange was the fact that he was a highly competitive shot. Yet when goes to immense trouble to import an extremely hard to source Sniper rifle, he sends it to another channel?
Eh, I don't know if Karl specializes in marksmanship at all. I think Ian's relationship with Karl is closer to that of a personal friend who he can do stuff like go to and organize matches with. Karl routinely gets better times than Ian, but I don't think I've ever seen a controlled demonstration where Karl is a better shot on paper. It's more like he's more practiced going through stages/shooting practically while Ian spends a lot of his time talking about history and research, and using that they are able to intersect their experience into cool thought experiments people may have thought of but not really engaged in due to the current gun community's focus on self-defense/tactical application.

Things like building a concept AR based on Stoner's original design principles, running action matches with outdated or weird guns and applying modern doctrine to them, comparing two different approaches to a similar role, mudtesting guns to see what is and is not truly reliable since soldiers might not have the best perspective or intentions when it comes to talking about guns they've used or faced off against, et cetera et cetera. That is the niche InRangeTV truly fills.

When was the last time you saw any major gun channel do anything other than shoot a few hundred to a few thousand rounds through a contemporary design and say it's good? Way I see it, Ian threw the FR F1 over to 9 Hole because they are better capable at filling the niche of Infantry and Sniper marksmanship, with a retired Army officer who's been to a lot of places and messed with multiple different weapon systems and a competitive shooter with actual wins under his belt.

I don't know, not trying to put words in your mouth but I sincerely don't see any rift between Ian and Karl. It mostly boils down to shitposting over Karl's weirder lifestyle.

Trig.Point

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Eh, I don't know if Karl specializes in marksmanship at all. I think Ian's relationship with Karl is closer to that of a personal friend who he can do stuff like go to and organize matches with. Karl routinely gets better times than Ian, but I don't think I've ever seen a controlled demonstration where Karl is a better shot on paper. It's more like he's more practiced going through stages/shooting practically while Ian spends a lot of his time talking about history and research, and using that they are able to intersect their experience into cool thought experiments people may have thought of but not really engaged in due to the current gun community's focus on self-defense/tactical application.

Things like building a concept AR based on Stoner's original design principles, running action matches with outdated or weird guns and applying modern doctrine to them, comparing two different approaches to a similar role, mudtesting guns to see what is and is not truly reliable since soldiers might not have the best perspective or intentions when it comes to talking about guns they've used or faced off against, et cetera et cetera. That is the niche InRangeTV truly fills.

When was the last time you saw any major gun channel do anything other than shoot a few hundred to a few thousand rounds through a contemporary design and say it's good? Way I see it, Ian threw the FR F1 over to 9 Hole because they are better capable at filling the niche of Infantry and Sniper marksmanship, with a retired Army officer who's been to a lot of places and messed with multiple different weapon systems and a competitive shooter with actual wins under his belt.

I don't know, not trying to put words in your mouth but I sincerely don't see any rift between Ian and Karl. It mostly boils down to shitposting over Karl's weirder lifestyle.
I genuinely hope so, even though the production was a mess I like some of Karl's history videos, and while I don't agree with his take on the current protests, I kind of respect him being the owner of a gun channel expressing a view that his supporters might not like.

However it's pretty obvious Karl and Ian are parting ways. The last Ian focused content on InRange that I remember was the British rationing episodes (which were actually really informative)

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Marco Fucko

Marco Fucko

I fantasized about this back in Chicago
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I genuinely hope so, even though the production was a mess I like some of Karl's history videos, and while I don't agree with his take on the current protests, I kind of respect him being the owner of a gun channel expressing a view that his supporters might not like.

However it's pretty obvious Karl and Ian are parting ways. The last Ian focused content on InRange that I remember was the British rationing episodes (which were actually really informative)
We'll have to wait and see once the pandemic is more over. Ian's busy AF with FW and Karl probably still has a full time day job. Even if he doesn't, that's only one more open schedule as opposed to two. With regards to Ian backing off though, they released a video a month ago on the Hecate. Even if that's just backstocked footage, they still probably have a lot of it.

Reactions: Trig.Point

Trig.Point

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We'll have to wait and see once the pandemic is more over. Ian's busy AF with FW and Karl probably still has a full time day job. Even if he doesn't, that's only one more open schedule as opposed to two. With regards to Ian backing off though, they released a video a month ago on the Hecate. Even if that's just backstocked footage, they still probably have a lot of it.
Anyway Karl needs to sack his girlfriend as a producer and get a proper one.... That last video could have gone viral if it wasn't so poorly edited.

Trig.Point

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He went on reddit a few minutes ago to deny he had anything to do with it, not that he needed to, it's a fairly obvious troll, even more so when you go through the post history of u/Joe_Rogan_is_bae

Trig.Point

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

As if anyone with two braincells needed clarification, here it is.
There's feeding trolls and then there's that video, which is more like a 4 course meal at a high end restaurant.

I think Forgotten Weapons is brilliant, but this all happened because McCollum started sniping at his fans, he cut off comments on the Rhodesian Fal. Which was fair enough YouTube comments sections blow back on the creators, but he was equally dismissive of people that had genuine comments, on other social media such as Reddit.

Then he followed up by dismissing the treatment of white farmers in South Africa, as people he had met in South Africa had told him it was a myth. Ignoring the fact that wealthy urban White South Africans long ago made accommodations with the ANC, in a way that poor rural White South Africans living in the middle of nowhere weren't able to. No it's not a genocide, but it's a hell of a lot more real than what BLM are protesting about.

He didn't give people an outlet to talk about aspects of his videos, so they moved over to 4chan. Now they're back with some of their 4chan buddies.

DisobedientLupus

kiwifarms.net
There's feeding trolls and then there's that video, which is more like a 4 course meal at a high end restaurant.

I think Forgotten Weapons is brilliant, but this all happened because McCollum started sniping at his fans, he cut off comments on the Rhodesian Fal. Which was fair enough YouTube comments sections blow back on the creators, but he was equally dismissive of people that had genuine comments, on other social media such as Reddit.

Then he followed up by dismissing the treatment of white farmers in South Africa, as people he had met in South Africa had told him it was a myth. Ignoring the fact that wealthy urban White South Africans long ago made accommodations with the ANC, in a way that poor rural White South Africans living in the middle of nowhere weren't able to. No it's not a genocide, but it's a hell of a lot more real than what BLM are protesting about.

He didn't give people an outlet to talk about aspects of his videos, so they moved over to 4chan. Now they're back with some of their 4chan buddies.
The video also confirms that he married one of his old teachers. There's no way that woman is anywhere near his age.

Trig.Point

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There was a rumor he married his old high school teacher. The woman in the video looks to be in her 40s while Ian should be in his late 30s which would fit with a younger teacher hooking up with a high school student.
I didn't see any woman in that video?

Tour of Italy

Take comfort in the classics.
kiwifarms.net
A tear gas gun is an interesting choice for this week. I don’t know the full story about Ian drama, arguments with commenters or whatever, but I saw this in my feed this morning and had a real good laugh.

Ian don’t give a fuck.

I also liked the contrast between Karl’s virtue signaling and putting inRange dark for a few days while the same day Ian announces a multi part series about military surplus rifles.

Trig.Point

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A tear gas gun is an interesting choice for this week. I don’t know the full story about Ian drama, arguments with commenters or whatever, but I saw this in my feed this morning and had a real good laugh.

Ian don’t give a fuck.

I also liked the contrast between Karl’s virtue signaling and putting inRange dark for a few days while the same day Ian announces a multi part series about military surplus rifles.
You know I watched parts of that video and never made the connection. He does seem to have had a slight change in attitude over the last while.

Also there's a contrast with Karl who joined in with #muted

Kar

Tags
None