Is Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons an Antifa supporter? - Also a general Forgotten weapons and InRangeTV thread.

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Continuing my earlier thought: This morning's Forgotten Weapons is another clear Inrange topic. 1911 vs. M1 Carbine on a competitive course and how that relates back to the weapons' relative concepts.

This is something that even a year ago Karl and Ian would've done together and gone on at length about their findings.
They even did a video about .30 carbine rifle and ammo a couple of years back.

This was InRange at it's best, Ian with the history and Karl with the handling and performance. He actually had a few interesting takes when it came to the thinking behind the M1 and STG 44.

Karl wasn't trying to dominate the conversation, just say his piece and make some pertinent comments on the history, stuff that a viewer might say.

raiderjones

Just lube it up
kiwifarms.net
Continuing my earlier thought: This morning's Forgotten Weapons is another clear Inrange topic. 1911 vs. M1 Carbine on a competitive course and how that relates back to the weapons' relative concepts.

This is something that even a year ago Karl and Ian would've done together and gone on at length about their findings.
That 100% would have been an InRange video just a few months ago. That's interesting. I don't know if Ian and Karl had a falling out or if they just decided to stick to their own channels or what. Either way I think it's pretty clear now that Ian is most likely done with InRange. It would explain why they suddenly got Carbohydrate Operator and why Karl's decided to get so political lately (despite how vehement he is that InRange has always been political). Who knows. Maybe getting into business with the WWSD rifles has made them not be able to stand each other. Some friendships just really don't do well in business together.

Either way it'll be interesting to see how the channels go. I've thought Ian's content has been better than usual recently but that might just be my bias against InRange showing at this point. I'll take guns over woke agenda and red dot reviews any day.

I listened to it again and I’m about 75% convinced it’s Karl, but yes, last week’s video was definitely not.
I don't think that's Karl but it is pretty hard to tell. It could be but to me the voice sounds a little too different especially at the "Stand by!" moments.

Last edited:

Get_your_kicks_with_30-06

I have become Based, the destroyer of Libs
kiwifarms.net

Not that I disagree with you that this is odd being on Ian's channel and it is definitely something you would have seen on InRange, but I don't think these range videos Ian has been doing on his channel recently can really tell us anything about Ian's distancing from Karl.

If we were under normal circumstances I would agree that could be the case, but due to the Coof Ian did say he can't do his usual travelling and auction house visits. So I think this has more to do with Ian trying to supplement the lack of the regular content by interspersing some different kinds of videos. Just my opinion tho

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
It could also be that Ian is just a lot more busy with his own work these days and it has been difficult to schedule a time where both of them can be at the same location. Because of patreon obligations and the books Ian has been writing he seems to be doing a lot more original research into the weapons he's currently writing about.

raiderjones

Just lube it up
kiwifarms.net
I'm sure I remember both Ian and Karl talk about Rhodesia in sympathetic terms. They both seem like classical liberals to me.
Ian maybe. It's hard to gauge him since he's intentionally apolitical. I definitely get anarchist vibes from Karl but I'm sure he'll give us a much better idea over the coming weeks if current trends continue. Who knows? I could just be retarded.

Trig.Point

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is Karl at his most naive. Atun-Shei is a history youtuber that recently took off (the algorithim started to favor him). He's a film and history grad, from somewhere in the north of the US who worked at Gettysburg as a guide then moved to New Orleans.

He worked in new Orleans as a tour guide (despite only having lived there for a few months) then started YouTube. He obviously had some bad experiences with certain groups, firstly pro confederacy types and secondly historical re ennactors because they're the subject of a lot of his early videos.

Atun_Shei.png

He was making videos calling various monuments racist back when it was still only barely trendy. He also used to make a big show about how big and powerful a group 'the lost causers' were and how brave he was standing up to them, despite living in the midst of the evil racists.

He owns 3 costumes, one a union soldier (which many people have told him is historically inaccurate) a confederate soldier, and a SS officer, and he gets the maximum use out of all three.

Currently he's doing the progressive thing of calling for donations to 'bail funds'.

Don't get me wrong, he makes well produced content, but he's a typical progressive YouTuber, constantly claiming he's fighting the overwhelming forces of reaction.... while never actually saying anything that his core audience disagree with.

For example on twitter he was obviously upset by Grant's statue being attacked, but he tried to claim it was 'lost causers' somehow provoking it from behind the scenes.

Profilmenn

No, Comrade Premier, it has only begun
kiwifarms.net
obviously upset by Grant's statue being attacked, but he tried to claim it was 'lost causers'
"Yeah fuck those inbred southerners, lmao why are they so obsessed with a war they lost 155 years ago??????"
"NO YOU CAN'T TEAR DOWN MY HECKIN GRANTERINO STATURINOS!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
You get what you fucking asked for.

TerminalTryHard

Use your fucking blinker
kiwifarms.net
The M1 carbine videos continue, and Karl and Ian are together again maybe. The video description states this is older footage from at least before the mask mandates in Arizona, which is why they aren't wearing masks. Something Karl felt the need to mention both in the video description and the pinned comment.

The video does make me want a M1 carbine though, a gun store near me had a paratrooper model at one point and I regret not getting it.

Supposedly the WWSD 2020 rifle and receivers should be coming out this month, I'll admit I preordered a receiver. Something I didn't expect but am not surprised by is this starting off the trend of big name influencers doing licensed rifles. Thunder Ranch is doing an AR with Aero Precision and an AK with rifle dynamics, and Tactical Rifleman doing an AR with Triarc. I don't think this trend is going to go away anytime soon.

raiderjones

Just lube it up
kiwifarms.net
Since that video was made before the Covid outbreak, before Karl went off the rails, I wouldn't put much stock in it meaning they're still working together. In fact, I noticed that inRange's featured channels list is empty. Maybe it always was but I could have sworn it used to have Forgotten Weapons featured there. Although InRange is still featured in Forgotten Weapons' channels list, so who knows. I guess we'll see.

In unrelated news, apparently Karl is applying to be a guinea pig for a Coronavirus vaccine.

Untitled-1.jpg

But only after another dig at the gun community. (Seriously, the InRange Facebook page is loaded to the brim with Karl being a cunt.)

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Last edited:

waffle

kiwifarms.net
I just kinda think that Ian isn't hanging with Karl because Karl is being so autistic they he wants everyone to wear a mask at all times when they're around him, even if it's outdoors in the fucking desert :story:

DisobedientLupus

kiwifarms.net
Since that video was made before the Covid outbreak, before Karl went off the rails, I wouldn't put much stock in it meaning they're still working together. In fact, I noticed that inRange's featured channels list is empty. Maybe it always was but I could have sworn it used to have Forgotten Weapons featured there. Although InRange is still featured in Forgotten Weapons' channels list, so who knows. I guess we'll see.

In unrelated news, apparently Karl is applying to be a guinea pig for a Coronavirus vaccine.

View attachment 1454848

But only after another dig at the gun community. (Seriously, the InRange Facebook page is loaded to the brim with Karl being a cunt.)

View attachment 1454863
View attachment 1454879
Huh, a self admitted cuck is demanding everyone wear a cuck muzzle. It's like pottery.

I think we should have a general guntuber lolcow thread. It'd be mostly about Karl the Cuck and IV8888 wife's cripple kid but there's lolcow gold in the community.

Trig.Point

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IV8888 wife's cripple kid
I would definitely like to know more!

I can rename this thread, without involving a mod...I only created it because I was curious about the whole John Brown Rifle club thing (which did develop in an interesting way with the riots)

It should stay in Multimedia though rather than Internet Harves, as bad as Karl is he doesn't belong on a board with Ethan Ralph, and Mundane Matt.

DisobedientLupus

kiwifarms.net
I would definitely like to know more!
In one of his old videos you can see some janked up cripple in the background with this wife. As soon as people started asking who the kid was he removed the video. And you can't forget the leak of how much it costs to hire IV8888 to shill for you! It explains why his review of the MDR was so favorable as compared to everyone else who reviewed it.

Reactions: White Devil
Tags
None