Is Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons an Antifa supporter? - Also a general Forgotten weapons and InRangeTV thread.

Tour of Italy

Take comfort in the classics.
kiwifarms.net
Since that video was made before the Covid outbreak, before Karl went off the rails, I wouldn't put much stock in it meaning they're still working together. In fact, I noticed that inRange's featured channels list is empty. Maybe it always was but I could have sworn it used to have Forgotten Weapons featured there. Although InRange is still featured in Forgotten Weapons' channels list, so who knows. I guess we'll see.

In unrelated news, apparently Karl is applying to be a guinea pig for a Coronavirus vaccine.

View attachment 1454848

But only after another dig at the gun community. (Seriously, the InRange Facebook page is loaded to the brim with Karl being a cunt.)

View attachment 1454863
View attachment 1454879
I'm convinced now that the whole InRange project has been more of an ego trip for Karl than any kind of passion project.

Somebody ask him if he thinks mass protesters are super spreaders.

DisobedientLupus

kiwifarms.net
IV8888 is a good presenter, but a transparent shill.

This Karl is a cuck shit is totally real, right? That's just the kind of thing that when I find it out about somebody I don't feel like I can trust their judgment on anything.
Head over to /k/ and I'm sure you'll find the screenshot of the Sarah Noir's facebook post talking about how awesome it is having two boyfriends. One of those cucks she's fucking is Karl and she's also the camera woman for InRange. Any Patreon money you send InRange is going towards her. Karl is also a literal satanist. Look up his presentation about absinthe on youtube.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any recommendation for other video creators that do blackpowder, cap-and-ball stuff like Karl does? There's a lot of people who do blackpowder vids, but unlike Karl, many of them are focusing on the modern competitive shooting aspects or the strictly historical reenactment side. The thing I liked about Karl is that he looks at the practical aspect of how people might have been using blackpowder arms under real life conditions, which may not be evident when exclusively drawing from historical military manuals of arms or regulations like the reenactors or when running under modern competitive shooting conditions using modern expedients and materials.

White Devil

Zyklon Ree
kiwifarms.net
Any recommendation for other video creators that do blackpowder, cap-and-ball stuff like Karl does? There's a lot of people who do blackpowder vids, but unlike Karl, many of them are focusing on the modern competitive shooting aspects or the strictly historical reenactment side. The thing I liked about Karl is that he looks at the practical aspect of how people might have been using blackpowder arms under real life conditions, which may not be evident when exclusively drawing from historical military manuals of arms or regulations like the reenactors or when running under modern competitive shooting conditions using modern expedients and materials.
Look up Cap and Ball on YouTube. He reviews and shoots black powder rifles and replicas. Probably my favorite guntuber as he shills nothing, his love of old guns is very apparent. Also, his Hungarian accent will turn you gay if you aren't already.

raiderjones

Just lube it up
kiwifarms.net
I guess my real question is, the face book screenshot is real and not a 4chan shoop? And it sounds like the answer is it's real. Oh man...

What a world we live in.
It's unfortunately impossible to verify now since it looks like she deleted her Facebook. I found posts from just a few months ago referring to Travis Harvey as "my love" though.

Also noticed her retweet this on her Twitter account.

Untitled-1.jpg

I'd have looked a little harder for anything else but considering her Twitter account is loaded to the brim with shit like this

cunt.jpg

I couldn't take more than a quick look.

Although trying to score points with his shared girlfriend might explain why he's been so vocal about the same things she is lately. All I can say is between the two of them (since apparently she is behind Karl's camera as others here have said), it might explain why Ian's cleared the fuck away from InRange.

waffle

kiwifarms.net
Is this bitch responsible for a bunch of the recent vids having fucked white/color balance?

I posted on the same obscure half life 1 mod forum with Russel back in the day (probably about 2004). He seemed like an alright dude.

raiderjones

Just lube it up
kiwifarms.net
Were they having a back and forth, or did Karl just jump straight to wishing him dead?
That was his immediate response.

He's also now apparently convinced that people who don't wear masks are sociopaths and are "aggressing against others."

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

I also recommend watching this bit of irony (time stamped) to get his thoughts on it which include bashing people who don't wear masks as narcissists (pot and the kettle there) and advocates wearing a mask for "the psychological benefit of others." There's a lot to dissect in there... including his decision to edit his Q&A like a 10 year old who just found the video effects tab on Sony Vegas.

Finally, I just recently had an interesting conversation with a very reliable source (I won't say who since it was a private conversation). Apparently Karl's tendency to make hot takes and lose it when people disagree has been getting worse behind the scenes as well as in public for at least the last 6 months. It got to the point that Ian decided to step away from the channel- specifically because of Karl- and now considers InRange to be Karl's channel and one that he is only involved in as far as a rare guest appearance. So there is no approval or involvement from Ian in InRange's content (beyond things they had planned in advance such as the taser videos they'd already made up) and in fact Ian is fully aware of Karl's behavior and does not agree with it at all. Again, I'd share the conversation that told me this but it was private and written in a way that would immediately give away their identity. I'm sure they would prefer to keep it hidden to avoid drama. So trust the word of an anonymous guy on the internet if you want, just thought I'd share that.

Last edited:

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I also recommend watching this bit of irony (time stamped) to get his thoughts on it which include bashing people who don't wear masks as narcissists (pot and the kettle there) and advocates wearing a mask for "the psychological benefit of others." There's a lot to dissect in there... including his decision to edit his Q&A like a 10 year old who just found the video effects tab on Sony Vegas.
He can't sort out the framing sound and color correction for his history videos, but he's doing shit like this for he Q and A's!

waffle

kiwifarms.net
I think it's pretty clear from the contents of the Q&A that Karl and Ian are somewhat on the outs. Ian said some spicy (for his usually pretty mild demeanor) stuff in a recent video (think it was the calico or silenced 9mm video) that seemed like it was directed at Karl's mask hysteria.

Karl seemed like he was in a noticeably bad mood through that entire Q&A video.

Tour of Italy

Take comfort in the classics.
kiwifarms.net
The real question is how Karl manages to lick so much fucking boot if he’s got a mask on all the time.

In all seriousness though, I overall liked the latest Q&A, mostly because I only listened and didn’t half to watch his god awful filter. As for the mask thing, I get the feeling that he’s willfully misinterpreting people’s viewpoint in order to fuel his own self-righteousness. That’s continuing to wear on me, to be honest.

That and the fact he keeps repeating the meme of “gun rights should be a big tent”. I agree in broad strokes that more people should respect and support their right to bear arms in a civil society, but god damn you have to understand people’s real objections here. People who want to protect themselves and their society literally cannot exist in the same tent with people who want to tear it all down using violence, you fucking moron.

Get_your_kicks_with_30-06

I have become Based, the destroyer of Libs
kiwifarms.net
That and the fact he keeps repeating the meme of “gun rights should be a big tent”. I agree in broad strokes that more people should respect and support their right to bear arms in a civil society, but god damn you have to understand people’s real objections here. People who want to protect themselves and their society literally cannot exist in the same tent with people who want to tear it all down using violence, you fucking moron.
His willingness to make the gun community for everyone is very contradicting of his recent outright disdain for people against his opinions.

Which makes me wonder what Karl's opinions are of gun channels he doesn't interact with are. For example, Paul Harrell who just released a video about his top 5 handguns for 2020, where he says he had to make a new top 5 handguns video due to the recent rioting, looting, and assault of people in this recent wave of "civil unrest". I bet Karl would be pretty assblasted about Paul's take that what is happening is much more than just "civil unrest" and it will get worse.

WhoBusTank69

Your health is low, do you have food or potions?
kiwifarms.net
I'm convinced now that the whole InRange project has been more of an ego trip for Karl than any kind of passion project.
It absolutely is. InRange was supposed to be a Patreon-exclusive "show" with no public videos save for occasional shilling on Forgotten Weapons - It's been years since, but Karl was spurred on with the initial distrust and dislike for paywalls from his entire potential audience. He only broke down and made a YouTube channel because, hey, nobody likes paying for something they can't see beforehand, what a shock.
Three years ago he attempted to bring a cop-run podcast(main site / archive) into his cult of personality, failing miserably in attracting any interest to their tiny viewerbase with the usage of a crippled and freshly schizophrenic CarnikCon dragged out of retirement, as seen here.

Unfortunately all of his angry rants posted to InRangeTV were deleted as was his workout routine, which, judging by this injury-causing competition drill, should not surprise you when it showed a previously fat Karl flipping a fuckhuge tire about ten times.

Tags
None