Is Kiwi Farms somewhat comparable to the Geth from Mass Effect? - The secret to being able to literally "start a conversation"

not william stenchever

Mr. Popo does not fuck
kiwifarms.net
Legion: "Organic governments impose consensus. From a single point of view in autocracies. By codifying the most broadly acceptable average of views in democracy"
Shepard: "So what makes the Geth different?"
Legion: "Data is shared between Geth. All viewpoints are considered. Consensus is achieved as data is disseminated"

We share data here, and we tend not to obfuscate any information for temporary and personal gain. We are many minds in a digital space who contribute to a singular entity (the forum itself). We do not attempt to impose consensus in a top down fashion, but rather reach consensus in a bottom up fashion (incidentally in the Geth metaphor the people we ban would probably be considered irreparably bugged Geth and purged from the system @ColonelJ).

I guess I'm trying to point out that KF is the closest thing we'll see to the Geth until we invent thinking machines that can work much quicker. Being able to reach consensus through high speed (honest) data sharing is something that is unique and far better than having consensus imposed from the top down ala ResetEra.

Begemot

The clown prince of your broken heart
kiwifarms.net
Legion: "Organic governments impose consensus. From a single point of view in autocracies. By codifying the most broadly acceptable average of views in democracy"
Legion: "Data is shared between Geth. All viewpoints are considered. Consensus is achieved as data is disseminated"

We share data here, and we tend not to obfuscate any information for temporary and personal gain. We are many minds in a digital space who contribute to a singular entity (the forum itself). We do not attempt to impose consensus in a top down fashion, but rather reach consensus in a bottom up fashion (incidentally in the Geth metaphor the people we ban would probably be considered irreparably bugged Geth and purged from the system @ColonelJ).

I guess I'm trying to point out that KF is the closest thing we'll see to the Geth until we invent thinking machines that can work much quicker. Being able to reach consensus through high speed (honest) data sharing is something that is unique and far better than having consensus imposed from the top down ala ResetEra.
We all have a vague idea of that underlying consensus. We can typically identify instinctively when somebody is a lolcow. Most of us try to avoid having an ego while a user like @Bryan Dunn always gets tripped up by their need to be identifiable and at the centre of attention.

The halal process is our hivemind expelling a member from their pseudo-anonymity into lolcowdom. the lolcows who came into their own threads likewise have an incessant need to argue that they're correct. On kiwifarns that marks them as other, as damaged.

Last edited:

not william stenchever

Mr. Popo does not fuck
kiwifarms.net
Shouldn't this be in games not Deep thoughts?
I'm not talking about the game itself though. I am using an element of a fictional universe as a direct metaphor in an attempt to spur a conversation about the culture of this forum, with the intent of trying to make the average viewer appreciate how special the culture of Kiwi Farms is in this world.

Reactions: Begemot

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
I'm not talking about the game itself though. I am using an element of a fictional universe as a direct metaphor in an attempt to spur a conversation about the culture of this forum, with the intent of trying to make the average viewer appreciate how special the culture of Kiwi Farms is in this world.
isn't it still video game discussion though?

Dutch Courage

Curious Onlooker
kiwifarms.net
Autistic as I may be, I think our community is really quite unique on the internet. In this late age polite disagreement is a vanishing commodity and being able to come to the same conclusion or consensus over a yawning divide of differing perspective even more so.
The secret, imho, is the strict rules against powerleveling. Kiwi Farms would cease to work if we know whom we are dealing with here. No powerleveling ought to be the policy of every forum; just that alone would make the internet a nicer, more productive place.

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
kiwifarms.net
I've never played Mass Effect but that doesn't make any sense

The Geth would probably need to have some mechanism analogous to autocracy or democracy to decide which viewpoints lose and which win.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino