Is Modern Social Justice a Cult? - Equality to Extremism

tampax pearl

Justice for Riot Pup 2020
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What is a Cult?
A misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing. Anything can be a Cult, it all depends on the influence it has on a person’s life. Unfortunately, I haven’t found many good models to accurately present this. The BITE Model, as pointed out by @JambledUpWords , doesn’t have a scoring system. If anyone has a better one, please feel free to share. I’m not going to use it here because it’s almost entirely useless without some form of scoring.

Why Does This Matter?
Cults thrive on despair and confusion. In our great year of 2020, everyone’s confused. Nobody knows what the hell is going to happen tomorrow. Older folks, maybe you remember a time where the world wasn’t so strange, but I don’t. Never have. Consider that most of the protesters look to be young. Look at the media they’ve been consuming since they were kids. They never had to question why Katniss was rebelling, simply to accept it as heroic. In school, they’re fed tales of the peaceful ones: Rosa Parks and King. Told to be like them. I don’t know if these protesters have forgotten about the usage of hoses and police dogs, but it seems so. “Fighting for what’s right” has never been beautiful.

Young people are primarily the ones to champion the cause of social justice. They are willing, if not eager, to rebel against cops because they were taught to be. Those ideas didn’t develop on their own. Have you seen how clueless these people are? Come on now, they didn’t actually read the Communist Manifesto and decide to be Marxists one day. It was a slow process starting from the time they were children. Children that had no chance of standing up for themselves or questioning a single goddamned thing. If your history teacher says “white people are racist”, and every student is nodding their head, of course you’re going to nod along. You don’t want to be othered.

A school is the perfect breeding ground for a Cult and it’s specifically because no child wants to be othered. There is no room for contrarianism, only to accept what you are told, and to tell your parents about it. But what do kids do? They talk! Historically, children were excellent for movements because they tell people everything. So if their parents don’t agree, who’s going to be the first to rat them out? Their own children. Unknowingly, sure, but it doesn’t change the fact that it happened, and continues to happen.

So what do we have now? We’ve got a bunch of useful idiots. When people shout “white bodies to the front”, of course they’ll move to the front. They want to be martyrs. They want to be saviors. The ones that didn’t, do now, because of peer pressure. That’s why they’re so unhappy all of the time. There is no room for error, no room for development. Everything is televised. Either you are a perfect example or you’re cancelled. They are expected to lay down their lives for people who don’t give a damn about them; to seek out approval from the ones that never wanted them; to risk their own safety for a group that isn’t even theirs, and would never do the same.

How do we fix this if it is a Cult? If it isn’t, what is it? What do we do?

Last edited:

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was going to say its nothing like Jonestown, then I remember "wait they killed a congressman, before becoming an heros. They knew the feds were going to rain thunder on them for killing a congressman"

Mm yeah I need to agree now, only I think it will be a larger blood bath if antifa actually fights the feds, they are starting to get more daring after engating in meelee combat with the federal officers the other night (1 fed vs many antifa).

tampax pearl

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was going to say its nothing like Jonestown, then I remember "wait they killed a congressman, before becoming an heros. They knew the feds were going to rain thunder on them for killing a congressman"

Mm yeah I need to agree now, only I think it will be a larger blood bath if antifa actually fights the feds, they are starting to get more daring after engating in meelee combat with the federal officers the other night (1 fed vs many antifa).
Jim Jones started as a civil rights movement activist and then went waaay off the rails because he started doing drugs and shit. It's really interesting, actually.

tampax pearl

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i have to agree with all of your reasoning, but cults need a central leader right? most """successful""" ones had a strong leader.
Well, that's why I'm asking, really. It exhibits all of the signs and yet there's no leader. I think that's why all of it is so disorganized.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: EcoLibertarian

Foxxo

OH LAWD HE COMING
kiwifarms.net
It's not a cult. Cults have a single central figure to them, whether it's the founder, or the specific deity in the (classically) polytheistic belief system that the cult spawns from. It's more like an Eastern Religion at this point -- godless, nebulous, and bent entirely around ritual and behavior.
It also had many of the hallmarks of a hastily-abandoned CIA mind control experiment. Just sayin...
Jim Jones was a filthy Commie though. There's a recording of his last day where he reaffirms this with his followers.

Tags
None