Is not laughing at jokes a sign of disrespect/attitude

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net
My girlfriend told me today at her job she and one of her coworkers named Steve got into a heated argument because she didn't laugh at any of the jokes Steve made while he was giving his presentation at the morning meeting (To give an example of how bad they were one of his jokes was the old Orange you glad I didn't say banana) Steve was so angry about her not laughing at any of his lame jokes that he called her a nasty bitch and ordered her to leave the meeting room because he claimed that by not laughing at the jokes she was giving him attitude and being very disrespectful.

I wish I could say that this was an isolated incident but I myself have had similar encounters where a person (Usually a teacher or instructor) will get super angry when you don't laugh at their lame jokes or stupid puns because they view it as disrespectful. I fail to see how it is, because when something is unfunny it should be pointed out

Nekromantik

I was phone!
kiwifarms.net
Calling her a nasty bitch for not laughing at his orange banana joke is a bit excessive. I did laugh one time at the orange you glad joke, when my little cousin told it, he was 5. That's the only time you should laugh at lame jokes, when little kids tell them.

JimmyHill'sBlarms

YOU HAPPY NAPPA!
kiwifarms.net
Okay, I can see being slightly off put by someone not laughing at your joke, but just shrug and move on. "Nasty bitch, get out of my meeting room" is excessive. Humor is subjective, Stevie-boy. Not laughing means she didn't find you funny, not that she was disrespecting you. Get over yourself.

Although, throwing out the old "Orange you glad" joke is an objective sign that you need to work on your material.

Polish Hot Dog (spicie)

jestem najlepsza
kiwifarms.net
If the joke is shit, it's not a hit.
Move on, it doesn't matter. Steve is a little bitch.
Am I miffed when my jokes whiff?
Hell yes, but you don't see me autistically chasing down each person that rated me dumb or deviant, just so my posts go on without a hitch.