Is Pride Month overkill these days? -

JambledUpWords

Gorl who loves orange chicken
kiwifarms.net
I understand why Pride came about in the first place. It was after Stonewall, but at that time, the LGBT were only looking to be seen as everyone else.

Nowadays, it doesn’t seem like it’s enough to just have a parade and be done. Now there’s Trans Day of Awareness, Pride Week and Pride Month. It’s become so mainstream that it’s near impossible now to go a day without some mention of this specific group in the news. I feel like having all these holidays goes against being seen as “just like everyone else”.

Of course, I know in some countries that the LGBT are still being treated unfairly. That said, Western nations are going a bit overboard on it, to where I think that some people are claiming to be LGBT now because it’s trendy.

What are your thoughts on this?

RetardedCat

literally gay hitler
kiwifarms.net
I understand why Pride came about in the first place. It was after Stonewall, but at that time, the LGBT were only looking to be seen as everyone else.
No, they're looking to be seen as fucking more special than everyone else.
Faggot month is exceptional just like nigger history month and dishes washer history month. It's absolutely stupid and useless and anyone who believes this shit serves any purpose other than communist propaganda should just get publicly executed, preferably via hanging.

Edit:
Need to add that if you want to bring awareness to the fact that sandniggers are still throwing faggots off rooftops, then you go over there and protest their stupid culture in their country, I don't give two shits what the goat fuckers are doing in their sand hellholes, that's their problem not mine. I don't need a fucking stupid bunch of crossdressers in my fucking streets to tell me that some idiot over in fuckistan got stoned to death.

CynicalGardevoir

The Libtardevoir
kiwifarms.net
I personally don't think so, especially since because, well, major discrimination does still occur in the world. I will say, maybe we should shift our focuses to places that aren't the US, UK, Sweden, France etc. etc. Don't get me wrong, bad shit still happens in the US with the Bible-thumpers, but I rarely hear about people trying to protect people in other countries, which is very disheartening.

Also if people being happy with themselves is an issue, then... tough shit I guess? Unless people start getting violent about their views, then I don't see an issue with someone being prideful. Yeah, they may be a little in-your-face, but is it really harming anyone?

@RetardedCat
surprised I didn't slice my arm open reading that edge

eldri

oogity boogity boo motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I get the inkling that the LGBT community or at least the individuals that represent them would agree with this tweet.

I gather from this tweet that they expect others to be an ally but also be subservient which is horrendous IMO.

Last edited:

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pride Parade culture is bad for Gay Rights. If you don't believe it's a net loss, go to a pride parade once in your life and just watch.
If the idea is to integrate, making normies associate your group with degenerate insanity has no positive benefits outside of deliberately offending the host culture for the sake of some twisted sociopolitical psyop. It's like rubbing a dog's face in shit and I understand the left enjoys doing that but here it's both counterproductive and undignified.

RetardedCat

literally gay hitler
kiwifarms.net
What have they done to you besides mildly irritate you?
Try to tell me what I as a fucking faggot should want. Because they think they speak for every one of us, and if you just dare disagree with their dumb marxist ideas, or be mildly conservative and believe in proper family values, or be religious in a way they don't like. Then they'll just kick you out of their nice little group where they get to do all the talking for you?

Girlycard

Rows of teeth, like a shark
kiwifarms.net
Honestly? Yes and no. I think due to being online a lot of us see the people who are bandwagoning. The more vocal people are the ones who want attention for their identities rather than celebrating who they are themselves.

So you have the obnoxious people screeching for attention, you have corporations using Pride month to get fag money, and then you have people fighting over who is more "valid" online to win some internet oppression contest.

The idea of coming together as a community to celebrate who you are is a great one. Unfortunately, it's now a fuckfest of people who aren't LGBT trying to wiggle in with fake outlandish identities and lots of "wahhh you forgot my SPECIAL FLAG at your PARADE".

JambledUpWords

Gorl who loves orange chicken
kiwifarms.net
Pride Parade culture is bad for Gay Rights. If you don't believe it's a net loss, go to a pride parade once in your life and just watch.
If the idea is to integrate, making normies associate your group with degenerate insanity has no positive benefits outside of deliberately offending the host culture for the sake of some twisted sociopolitical psyop. It's like rubbing a dog's face in shit and I understand the left enjoys doing that but here it's both counterproductive and undignified.
I wouldn’t be bothered by Pride parades if they weren’t so sex driven in some areas. I understand people like sex and it’s okay to enjoy it, but parading it in the streets is degenerate, no matter what sexuality. Even in Pride parades that aren’t adult focused, they still send the wrong message and it comes across as almost narcissistic with how special some try to make themselves because they are LGBT. If Pride parades stayed the same way as they did in the 70s, I wouldn’t really be bothered at all by it. Sadly, that’s not the case today.

WinterMoonsLight

Tsar of the Internet
kiwifarms.net
I'm a fag and I've never been interested in pride month. I can respect what those before me have accomplished to help the community without acting like a re.tard in public running around almost naked and dry humping everything in eyesight. Pride events is a complete joke anyway. I believe that about any minority awareness event. I don't want to be singled out and thrust into the spotlight for who I fuck. Being gay is such a miniscule part of who I am, no more important than my skin color, my hobbies or my favorite movies. I have no reason to suddenly be "extra super duper gay" just because it's June. I'm well versed on LGBT events and struggles, but why sit and be morose or be radicalized over something that shouldn't be? I have no shame in myself, but I also feel no need to act like a walking stereotype and make my gayness the sole focus of my personality.

Pride month has become politicized and a tool to push a certain agenda in my eyes as well, and that's not something I want to be a part of. Obviously I can't speak for everyone, just my rambling thoughts on it

CynicalGardevoir

The Libtardevoir
kiwifarms.net
Try to tell me what I as a fucking faggot should want. Because they think they speak for every one of us, and if you just dare disagree with their dumb marxist ideas, or be mildly conservative and believe in proper family values, or be religious in a way they don't like. Then they'll just kick you out of their nice little group where they get to do all the talking for you?
I understand these frustrations you have. I've had my doubts in certain kind of people and have gotten shit for it. People suck, but you seem very aggressive and you possess, shall we say, "colorful" vernacular, even for this site, which is why people may be upset with what you have to say.

Ponchik

bumnugget
kiwifarms.net
obviously not, i for one am glad that politicians and large megacorporations have the opportunity to be inclusive and market to us lgbtqiabbwbbq+ individuals

absolutely

Reynard

Alpha [She]Male
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Look at my avatar and tell me what you think my thoughts on it are.

For real, though, I totally agree. Nothing wrong with people who are LGBT (my issue lies solely with the community that come from my issues with all communities in general). If someone is gay, bi, trans, whatever. It's not gonna hurt me. Live and let live. It's when you try using it for ulterior motives such as oppression points that I start getting upset about it.

However, the concept of pride is something I have an issue with. People who don't have an issue with gays aren't "supportive," unless they're actively trying to get you laid. We shouldn't have to make a big deal of sexuality, yet we do. I understand that with the amount of people that hate gays even in Western countries it's sort of a middle finger to them, but I really do think they tend to go overboard. I've never been to one because I already have social anxiety and seeing people in fetish gear in public isn't gonna help that one bit. I also understand that it's about being proud to be yourself, but I feel being proud to be yourself typically means you don't feel the need to hold certain parts of you up for all to see at all times and act like it's this amazing thing. It's not, it's just a thing. Sexuality isn't good or bad, it simply exists, just as being trans is not good or bad, it's just a thing that you are. These things are purely neutral in terms of what kind of person they make you. I don't know, maybe I'm just a reserved person, but I don't like making one thing the epitome of my personality. It might sound rich coming from me, since I shitpost about that stuff a lot, but that's more along the lines of just laughing at myself so that I never take myself too seriously more than anything.

Another issue I have with Pride is that it seems redundant in a lot of the places that have the biggest celebrations. I understand the community aspect of it all, but if it's a middle finger to the bigots then they should really have them in more conservative states. I understand that doing that makes it pretty goddamn risky, but if it's what I understand it to be, I feel like more people would be willing to take that risk to make that point. I know they have them in pretty much every state and major city, but you'd think that the people in San Francisco would understand the redundancy of celebrating in a city known for being a haven for that community. I would think they'd want to spread their message and give people in places where it isn't as accepted the courage to make the system change so that they're not hated for things they can't help and harms no one.

The way I've seen pride parades act these days honestly makes me think they do more harm than good. Most people aren't smart enough or are too lazy/worn out from trying to put food on the table that they can't be fucked to do actual research or take the time to truly form their own opinion on most complex and/or touchy issues. All the fetish gear and open sexuality stuff just makes them look like that's all that they're about to the general public. Sure, the general public may be kinky, but most aren't parading it around in public. They should simply look like normal people if they want people to see them as normal. Not saying you can't be quirky with your unique look and style, but people might see you differently before they meet you. It's just human nature and that won't change.

TL;DR: Yes, but I don't like that I have to say that.

RetardedCat

literally gay hitler
kiwifarms.net
I understand these frustrations you have. I've had my doubts in certain kind of people and have gotten shit for it.
As long as you can see the point I'm making then it's fine by me.

People suck, but you seem very aggressive and you possess, shall we say, "colorful" vernacular, even for this site, which is why people may be upset with what you have to say.
Man I didn't know you niggers were such prudes, what the actual fuck.

Syaoran Li

Cyberpunk 2019
kiwifarms.net
I think it is overkill and kind of hypocritical since the majority of genuine discrimination towards the LGBT community in the West comes from within the LGBT community themselves. John Waters has even commented on this problem.

And when fucking John Waters of all people tells the queer community to tone things the fuck down, you know you've gone off the deep end.

This is the guy who directed Pink Flamingos and is an openly flamboyant gay man with fairly left-wing political views (well, center-left by today's standards) and even he is sick of the SJW's and how they have cheapened the LGBT community with excessive politicization and commercialization.

Unlike the SJW's on the internet, John Waters was openly and proudly gay at a time where that actually could get you killed in many parts of the country and he was actually rejected from military service during the Vietnam War over the fact that he was gay.

This guy actually did suffer genuine oppression for his sexual orientation, while most of these SJW hipsters either never faced difficulty over being LGBT or at most had to deal with mildly homophobic grade school jokes or maybe some screeching from Bible thumpers if they lived in certain red states at the absolute worst.

Troons and dangerhair lesbian militants have hijacked the movement and basically shriek at and attack anyone who isn't their ideal of "queer" such as more normal gay men and lesbians or even transgender people who admit that gender dysphoria is a medical and psychological issue.

And may God have mercy on your soul if you're bisexual.

Bisexual men get accused of being "straight male fetishists" (almost as if it's the troons projecting or something) while bisexual women are seen as traitors and internalized misogynists.

Heck, Pete Buttigieg, the first openly gay presidential candidate of a major political party in American history tends to get flak for not being queer enough because he's not a troon or a walking stereotype.

Milo Yiannopolous, who IS a flaming and flamboyant collection of gay stereotypes is also widely detested because he's a basic bitch conservative and not a far-left SJW.

Basically, unless you're trans or a sufficiently "woke" lesbian, you're not safe in the LGBT community anymore.

Normie gays and lesbians are viewed as suspect, gay males are seen as passe unless they conform to the proper stereotypes AND political view points, and bisexuals are bordering on persona non grata at this point.

Now that we have marriage equality in all fifty states and all U.S. territories and the Supreme Court has struck down a lot of the old discrimination laws against LGBT people, all this pride stuff is a little excessive.

Castro District is not even a gay enclave anymore, it's a wealthy hipster neighborhood that uses the pride rallies to boost tourism. Same goes for the West Village in NYC.

Caitlyn Jenner, who helped spark a lot of this troon nonsense, was dropped like a rock when they endorsed Trump, even though Jenner has been an outspoken staunch Republican since the 1980's.

I can accept a general "pride month" or national pride day since the Western LGBT community have made a lot of progress in the last forty years (even if the SJW's and troons are close to pissing it all away) and I do support Bisexual Visibility Day (September 23) since there is a lot of discrimination against bisexuals and it's mostly from within the LGBT movement itself

Last edited:

La Luz Extinguido

There are no innocents
kiwifarms.net
Why you even want to be in their "nice little group" what kind of horrid degenerate are you?

As a far right conservative, I actually love pride month because that makes all faggots look just like their more fucked up minority to the entire world, and pushes the quasi-rational masses to the right.

Exigent Circumcisions

Post tasteful trotter daguerreotypes, ma chère.
kiwifarms.net
I wasn't aware that being a faggot required being accepted by any particular group, faggot. I thought you just had to put your pee-pee in a pooper or two and you were good. So they don't like you. And? Lots of people don't like me; I don't cry about them not accepting me, I go on with my life.

Pride parades and Pride month are trash, don't get me wrong, but you're being a flamer about this.

Reynard

Alpha [She]Male
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't say that's the fault of the parade as much as it is the community. All communities have some level of stripping people of their individuality and encouraging a mob mentality, but I've noticed that the LGBT community has been particularly egregious in that regard these days. The community got politicized and it did exactly the opposite of what it was originally supposed to be about. Nothing good comes from politicizing a community that is not inherently political, and you see no better example of that than in the LGBT community.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino