Is racism now avant-garde?

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Ongoing DDoS attack. kiwifarms.ru may work better for now.

feedtheoctopus

kiwifarms.net
The American far-right is constantly trying to make bigotry seem countercultural, but it isn't. Their argument is based on the notion that Hollywood controls the entire country, which is retarded.

Back in the 1960's corporate America went full in on trying to sell shit to hippies and civil rights activists. They monetized the social upheaval that was happening at the time, made young long haired types the heroes in a lot of media. If you watch old TV shows from the time you could be mistaken for assuming every family had some hippie pot smoker son hanging around or like everybody was full in on civil rights.

The reality is America, as now, was actually a regressive shithole and most of the population hated those people.

The thing conservatives and their more honest fascist brethren never want to admit is that they're the single most powerful political and economic force in the country. Cops are all republicans, the party controls most state and local governments, they own the courts, and the democrats are constantly being forced to sideline their more progressive agenda in the name of placating these people. The most popular media outlets are conservative in nature (Fox, talk radio, National Review, etc).

Conservatives cannot "fight the system" because they are the system. They are not outside of mainstream culture, in most of the country they are mainstream culture. I live in commie faggot ass New York and even then most of my coworkers are about as "progressive" as your trailer trash drunk uncle after one too many on thanksgiving. All those woke twitter types are not representative of American society writ large. Republicans are right about one thing, this country is not nearly as liberal as hollywood portrays it as. The American people have always had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the future. Never once has "the general public" in this country been on the right side of history.

You are not being punk rock and subversive by being a racist, you are being a bootlicker who allows petty cultural warfare to distract him from the actual tidal wave of corruption and exploitation that defines your entire dumbass society. It's okay, liberals fall for this trap too with their "representation matters!" nonsense. I'm sure it matters to Hollywood producers bank accounts, but it doesn't stop the cops from kicking the shit out of them

The Spice boi

I live for customer service
kiwifarms.net
"Right" and "left" are just terms for the petty culture war bullshit.

In reality, it's Big Tech and Banks vs the Fossil Fuel industry fighting over climate change (or rather, renewable energy markets).

Don't worry bout it, it's all horse shit. Just go for a walk or something

Thomas Highway

We all need somebody to lean on.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Racism has always been around since civilization first started. It's not even a new form of discrimination. Race, creed, sex, there's always something humans will use to be "higher" on the pyramid.

Our species also invented forks and toilet paper.

These appeals to base instincts are stupid.

Dom Cruise

Winter waifu, 1906 style
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
America is as racist today as it was 100 years ago, maybe even more so, it's just that there's a new angle, now it's whites who are the new group it's ok to mock and denigrate constantly.

The American far-right is constantly trying to make bigotry seem countercultural, but it isn't. Their argument is based on the notion that Hollywood controls the entire country, which is retarded.

Back in the 1960's corporate America went full in on trying to sell shit to hippies and civil rights activists. They monetized the social upheaval that was happening at the time, made young long haired types the heroes in a lot of media. If you watch old TV shows from the time you could be mistaken for assuming every family had some hippie pot smoker son hanging around or like everybody was full in on civil rights.

The reality is America, as now, was actually a regressive shithole and most of the population hated those people.

The thing conservatives and their more honest fascist brethren never want to admit is that they're the single most powerful political and economic force in the country. Cops are all republicans, the party controls most state and local governments, they own the courts, and the democrats are constantly being forced to sideline their more progressive agenda in the name of placating these people. The most popular media outlets are conservative in nature (Fox, talk radio, National Review, etc).

Conservatives cannot "fight the system" because they are the system. They are not outside of mainstream culture, in most of the country they are mainstream culture. I live in commie faggot ass New York and even then most of my coworkers are about as "progressive" as your trailer trash drunk uncle after one too many on thanksgiving. All those woke twitter types are not representative of American society writ large. Republicans are right about one thing, this country is not nearly as liberal as hollywood portrays it as. The American people have always had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the future. Never once has "the general public" in this country been on the right side of history.

You are not being punk rock and subversive by being a racist, you are being a bootlicker who allows petty cultural warfare to distract him from the actual tidal wave of corruption and exploitation that defines your entire dumbass society. It's okay, liberals fall for this trap too with their "representation matters!" nonsense. I'm sure it matters to Hollywood producers bank accounts, but it doesn't stop the cops from kicking the shit out of them
Unironically using the phrase "the right side of history", get a load of this faggot!

Such a great job the right side of history has done for America, look at what a great state we're in now, with our cities turning into third world slums, such a right side of history!

To be fair, you're not entirely wrong that the conservative side still had plenty of political power in the past, but there has been a massive push in recent years to chip that away piece by piece and it's been working, look at the current state of the military.

feedtheoctopus

kiwifarms.net
America is racist today as it was 100 years ago, maybe even more so, it's just that there's a new angle, now it's whites who are the new group it's ok to mock and denigrate constantly.

So? We got all the money and political power. I hear schizophrenic black men bitching about whitey on the subway every single morning, it means nothing to me. And frankly I'm not going to let stupid people tell me how to feel about race anyway. If they want to spend their lives in a black and white (no pun intended) world of ceaseless ethno-nationalistic horseshit that's on them. I refuse to be infected by America's dumb as fuck history of racial conflict.

Unironically using the phrase "the right side of history", get a load of this faggot!

Such a great job the right side of history has done for America, look at what a great state we're in now, with our cities turning into third world slums, such a right side of history!

To be fair, you're not entirely wrong that the conservative side still had plenty of political power in the past, but there has been a massive push in recent years to chip that away piece by piece and it's been working, look at the current state of the military.

Oh please, are you actually dumb enough to think a party of centrist incompetents like the democrats are "chipping away the republicans power"? They can't even agree on healthcare. For fucks sake the GOP is literally rigging the map in regards to elections and knowingly disenfranchising minorities so it remains entrenched in power. The most powerful corporations in the country (the ones that actually matter, arms, oil, finance..) back them in ways that leave the democrats in the dust. Just because Netflix makes some cringy bullshit about a fat trans black women going to Harvard or whatever the fuck doesn't mean the republican party doesn't have a stranglehold on this shithole. Hell, even the democrats give lip service to conservative ideology. The overton window has shifted so far to the right since the 80's it's gone in a circle.

"A push" don't mean jack shit. You people won, be fucking happy for once in your lives. The fact that a party of supposed left wing radicals can only muster a bumbling jackass like Biden speaks for itself. You won! You won everything! You own this entire society! Why aren't you celebrating? Because anal sex is normalized? Jesus christ you people are the most sore winners I've ever encountered!