Is the canary kill (again)? -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Cynically Insane

They must have taken my marbles away
kiwifarms.net
He removed the whole line the last time. Its probably just a formatting change; it looks a little nicer without the indent from the bird.
I don't buy it. The canary itself is missing. I suppose it could have been an inadvertent change while doing our hazmat suits. In my opinion, if Jersh were to remove the canary deliberately for aesthetic purposes he would have told us. It could be that there is a legal issue and he is gagged.

When the topic came up in chat earlier he didn't make a peep. Don't you think that if he could respond to our inquiries he would?

Ars Goetia

kiwifarms.net
When the topic came up in chat earlier he didn't make a peep. Don't you think that if he could respond to our inquiries he would?
Don't usually follow the chat so I didn't see it. That is odd. It would be a very strange court order that specified that you actually needed to keep a warrant canary though. If that turns out to be the case then that's pretty disconcerting. It would be more creative than I'd have given any law enforcement credit for.

On the other hand, considering the site's both been hacked and had user information requested within the past year, anyone not using a VPN for anything more than shitposting is either dumb or reckless.

Liber Pater

kiwifarms.net
Don't usually follow the chat so I didn't see it. That is odd. It would be a very strange court order that specified that you actually needed to keep a warrant canary though. If that turns out to be the case then that's pretty disconcerting. It would be more creative than I'd have given any law enforcement credit for.

On the other hand, considering the site's both been hacked and had user information requested within the past year, anyone not using a VPN for anything more than shitposting is either dumb or reckless.
AFAIK a gag order cannot compel you to make a false statement (such as maintaining a canary) as that would be unconstitutional compelled speech. However, the removal of the canary and the word "secret" is notable.
I wonder if this is why Null seems so agitated of late? Perhaps something on A&H got the feds involved again.

Ars Goetia

kiwifarms.net
However, the removal of the canary and the word "secret" is notable.
Ok I'm dumb, I didn't even notice that secret was missing. Individually, the canary or "secret" going missing could be easily dismissed as a style choice but the two happening together is very suspicious. If I recall correctly, Null tweeted a picture of a cat eating a canary the last time. If he has got a court order and didn't so this time I can only assume that it's incredibly restrictive on what he can/cannot say hence the removal of secret. If that's the case then we probably won't know for certain until after the order takes its course and maybe not even then. In other words, let speculation go wild. Did any A&H regulars re-post any manifestos lately?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Dork Of Ages
Tags
None