Is the SJW movement dying? -

The Fool

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hard to say really. I see both sides reeeeeeeeing at each other but can't tell if it's a vocal minority or not.
It's always been a vocal minority.

It's difficult to say what the "movement" is anymore. Mostly, it's devolved into domestic terrorism and riots, so it's kind of sorting itself out. However, there are tons of remnants of the movement in "professional" areas like the entirety of Starbuck's corporate. And then you have drones scouring Twitter looking to get anyone not vehemently on the left fired from their jobs, but that's just more domestic terrorism (even if nobody will call it that).
The media is basically nothing to talk about anymore because nobody even pays attention to it now. That's also sorting itself out through a slow death by tantrum.

The larger and most prominent issue yet is communal diversity and multiculturalism, forcing different kinds of people to live near each other. That's not exactly an issue yet, but it has the potential to turn any part of America into Detroit 2.0 and there's zero chance of anyone ever wanting to say it's a bad thing out of fear of backlash. The concept of it is always going to be a teetering bomb above our head until it finally goes off and then people realize multiculturalism is the new communism after seeing it destroy an entire country. Will it be America? Canada? Who knows. I mean, it's already Germany but nobody cares about them. But someone's going to have to be the sacrificial lamb before en entire superpower realizes that some cultures are just born cavemen.

kiwifarms.net
No, it is not dying, and it is not dead. The communist ideology does not have a chemotherapy treatment. What the ideology has done is simply insulated itself from those that disagree with the ideology. The fact that you see less of the ideology and its ideological members is only a testament to the algorithms that smartphones, media, and other institutions employ in order to push the communist agenda. The people that can be persuaded by the communist ideology will continue to be exposed to it by calculated algorithms, and the people that cannot be persuaded by the ideology will be sheltered from it by calculated algorithms or personal choice.

For a personal example, I have a grandfather that served in WW2, and I had a conversation with him this month that took me by surprise. He said to me, without any level of jest, that Obama was the best president we have ever had, and that America would be better off if we had someone like Angela Merkel in the executive office. This is a man that spends most of his time watching television, and so, as a result of this media that he exposes himself to, he has become a victim of the communist infiltration in the news media. He is now an ideological member of the communist regime, despite having served in WW2.

The members of the SJW communist regime are not defined solely by age, since my grandfather is in his nineties. It may be possible that youths are becoming disenchanted by the tactics and deception that the communist ideologues attempt to play on them, but there are elderly adults that are just as entrenched in the SJW affairs of communism, as well. The old adage, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks," still applies since the tricks of communism are not new. We have seen them played again and again throughout history. It is just that now, with the isolating nature of social media, the ideology can now segregate and brainwash its members far more effectively than ever before.

Dragon Face

A̶a̸a̶a̷a̸a̴A̴A̷A̸a̵a̴a̶A̸A̵A̴a̷a̸a̸a̵A̴A̵A
kiwifarms.net
With all of these protests going on around here lately, I feel like they're growing and going real-life rather than just online. Same goes for the opposite extremist side like alt-right, they're posting a bunch of flyers around here which stormed SJWs up.

I think one day, I'm going to accidentally end up witnessing both sides crashing with each other with ugly violence in front of me. I don't like this. :stress:

Midlife Sperglord

Sperging over console gaming.
kiwifarms.net
With all of these protests going on around here lately, I feel like they're growing and going real-life rather than just online. Same goes for the opposite extremist side like alt-right, they're posting a bunch of flyers around here which stormed SJWs up.

I think one day, I'm going to accidentally end up witnessing both sides crashing with each other with ugly violence in front of me. I don't like this. :stress:
Outside of the very vocal fringe minorities that most people want nothing to do with, I doubt that there are armies of alt-righters willing to clash with equally willing SJWs. Being a whiny little bitch on the Internet is so much more convenient, especially if one convinces himself that he made a difference if his Facebook post attracts a few people to click the Like button.

Dragon Face

A̶a̸a̶a̷a̸a̴A̴A̷A̸a̵a̴a̶A̸A̵A̴a̷a̸a̸a̵A̴A̵A
kiwifarms.net
Outside of the very vocal fringe minorities that most people want nothing to do with, I doubt that there are armies of alt-righters willing to clash with equally willing SJWs. Being a whiny little bitch on the Internet is so much more convenient, especially if one convinces himself that he made a difference if his Facebook post attracts a few people to click the Like button.
Yeah. I absolutely would agreed with you back then, if I lived at somewhere else where there was no BLM protest blocking roads and super supremacist flyers being put up around within less than a month timeframe. With the way things are going on in this city lately and the fact this Hate Map showed there are both Neo-Nazi and Black Nationalist groups right here at one place, I can also understand why I felt like both extremist groups are coming out in real life lately rather than staying on the internet circlejerking for FaceBook likes like you suggested. It is an uncomfortable feeling.

:optimistic: Hopefully, this is something temporary and this will not escalate any further. :optimistic:

Midlife Sperglord

Sperging over console gaming.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah. I absolutely would agreed with you back then, if I lived at somewhere else where there was no BLM protest blocking roads and super supremacist flyers being put up around within less than a month timeframe. With the way things are going on in this city lately and the fact this Hate Map showed there are both Neo-Nazi and Black Nationalist groups right here at one place, I can also understand why I felt like both extremist groups are coming out in real life lately rather than staying on the internet circlejerking for FaceBook likes like you suggested. It is an uncomfortable feeling.

:optimistic: Hopefully, this is something temporary and this will not escalate any further. :optimistic:
Point taken. Things are not nearly as tense as that in my part of the country.

Unseemly and Feral

My dreads are actually a hat
kiwifarms.net
Example from history in the spoiler:
The biggest spasm of politically motivated change and upheaval that occurred in terms of scale was the Cultural Revolution in China. Mao started with purging the leadership of the Party, and then recruited an army of youth to rise up and destroy the "Four Olds"-essentially anything and everything that was China's pre-revolutionary cultural, artistic, and religious heritage. In a civilization like China, with a history stretching back thousands of years, that's a lot to destroy or erase. There were even real-life versions of twitter mobs, called "struggle sessions" were the accused were shouted down by a mob and forced to confess their fabricated "crimes" against the party and the revolution. Years later, China's leadership saw the kind of damage that the Cultural Revolution had wrought, and actually admitted that it was one of China's greatest setbacks.

My point is that even the biggest, brightest stars burn out, and the violent ones usually do that sooner. To the extent that SJWs are an army of cultural and political change, they, like any movement in the western world, represent zero existential danger to the country as a whole. The worst they have done was this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergreen_State_College

I would have used a news article, but I couldn't find any good summarizations of the events since it occurred last year. Since the 2017 incidents, the college has seen big budget cuts, lowered enrollments, and generally a financial loss as a result of their mini-revolution.

tl;dr version: The movement will fade away if it isn't already, or become something different.

Last edited:

wellthathappened

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
kiwifarms.net
I've heard people say that Antifa is the fever pitch of the SJW movement and that it's also a sign of the far-left wanting to hold onto its power, so, there's that.
Since Antifa doesn't pull shit in CC states, the fever pitch is more like an allergy attack.

In my red state, there was once a left-wing revolution known as the Green Corn Rebellion. It was squashed. These things come and go.

Maiden-TieJuan

Your roving Californialand reporter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think the visible groups are sticking to the larger, more liberal cities like Portland and New York and San Feces...San Francisco or Berkeley. They are rightfully wary of the smaller towns or Midwest states because there aren't enough people in power willing to support them or members of their group to beef up the numbers. Online tho, the reason we are seeing less are due to Blockchains and Blacklists. The tiniest little thing and you can be added to a dozen different lists. I found out I am on 12 different lists. 12!! And that account was only used for vaping pics and family members, but because I had added a certain person I was placed on 12 different blockchains. It amused me greatly.

THAT is why we aren't seeing a rise in their REEEEEEEEEing numbers. They catch the SJW and instantly subscribe to the Blockchains that their SJW buddies are on, so we see less of them as a result. And you don't even have to DO anything to get on them, just know the wrong person.

Tags
None