Is the SJW movement dying? -

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
I would love for it to be, but the biggest issue impeding that is the internet. With everyone having a voice and now and the companies in charge of the major platforms biased toward the SJW voice, it's going to be harder and harder to finish off the movement since it can always grow another head and amplify the message. We have been seeing some improvements here and there (things that were once sacred to the modern left being left behind by everyone else and "sure fire" liberal successes failing), but the upcoming election will change many things about the world, including the future of sjwism.

If Trump wins, we'll either see a large number of people finally and openly abandon the modern left, with corporations pandering to the right...or the left will triple down and the SJWmindset will strengthen over the next four years.
If Trump loses, we'll either see the the right regroup/refocus and strengthen in a way that the left has been over the past few years...or it might be the death knell of modern conservatism.

Either way, this continues to be an interesting year.
In my opinion, the only way for it to stop for awhile is if other nations they virtue signal let them know they care neither for what they believe in, and turn on them, like China or Middle Eastern countries do something to damage like stop giving them money or support, or in extreme cases attack them with war or terrorism, then it could break them. But it might come back only this time they would be for Isolationism and not care for other nations no matter how much money they make, they would still bring in immigrants but this time they would try to use assimilation under their own auspices and pretend it's not nationalism. But that's what I think so take what you will.

Jaimas

Give 'Em the Crab Jab
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's been dying for a long time. Their positions are non-starters with everyone even tangentially outside their sphere of influence, and they're despised by basically everyone online.

The thing is, the rot brought about by the ideology that brought Social Justice to us runs deep, and it will not willingly cede power under any circumstance. The shitheads that have been ruining franchises, demanding deplatforming of competing ideas, shoving their shitty politics where no one wants them, and fucking up everything they touch have gradually been losing influence - their outlets are collapsing, since Clickbait hasn't been profitable in years. Less and less people are reacting to ragebait, and more and more people are aware of what these assholes want to accomplish and the damage they'll do if allowed. They're reaping the whirlwind of their own idiocy, and with every day, their bubble gets smaller. Every day, a few more people in their group realize it's a con and leave. Every day, they alienate more people outside the group and these harden attitudes against them.

Back in 2016, I thought for sure that Trump would result in some level of self-reflection, but all it did was drive home that they have absolutely no capacity for self-reflection, and the only way they will learn is if the public hands them their ass, over and over. The natural tendency of them to fuck up everything they touch and drive away everyone even tangentially different from them will lead them to increasingly ineffectually cloister themselves, leaving to more of their own having outbreaks of common sense. Their movement will ultimately implode, but it's going to take ages for the damage they've done to even begin healing, and any of them in positions of power will never stop making pains in the ass of themselves.

The Last Stand

@Mrs Paul's standing ovation.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So we'll see an increase in victim complex, while also seeing a surge in casual racism as a result of it?

God, I hate hypocrites.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Another thing I forgot to mention, if something were to happen in Canada and Mexico as well, like if they lose some support or some drastic changes happen in those places which become antithetical to their visions or ideals and end up turning against them would be another factor.

So we'll see an increase in victim complex, while also seeing a surge in casual racism as a result of it?

God, I hate hypocrites.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
It's been on it's way out ever since the 2016 election, it's just been a very slow process.

The peak of it was in 2015/2016 when they had every right to believe the future was theirs as soon as Hillary was in office but it didn't happen and the fact that they aren't crafty enough to try to evolve and instead just doubled down on everything that lost them 2016 proves they have no long term chance at success.

What we've been experiencing in the years since 2016 is basically a scorched Earth policy of them simply trying to do as much damage to everything as they can out of spite before they go down, whereas I think in 2015/2016 they actually had pretensions of being genuine in their pursuits.

Wonderful Id

kiwifarms.net
In my opinion, the only way for it to stop for awhile is if other nations they virtue signal let them know they care neither for what they believe in, and turn on them, like China or Middle Eastern countries do something to damage like stop giving them money or support, or in extreme cases attack them with war or terrorism, then it could break them. But it might come back only this time they would be for Isolationism and not care for other nations no matter how much money they make, they would still bring in immigrants but this time they would try to use assimilation under their own auspices and pretend it's not nationalism. But that's what I think so take what you will.
A good bit of news is that those immigrants being brought in all over the world don't seem to give a damn about stuff like SJWism or PC culture.

Tags
None