• “You sent me a Facebook message back in early December screaming in my face that I was part of a Kiwifarms conspiracy that outed you to your mother.”

Is there a cultural war on the "White Man"?

Discussion in 'Deep Thoughts' started by Medicated, Apr 15, 2018.

Forum Guidelines

This forum is for deep thoughts and more serious discussion. Please be mindful when challenging someone's opinions and beliefs.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards.
    1. Well it's not really due to Feminists, it's due to the fact that there is no money to be made addressing Men's issues, because they are on the way out in terms of a powerful market demographic to cater to. It also might explain why the media tends to be so benign on things like BLM, Antifa, Radical Feminists. Because they believe their current demographic has sympathies with these groups and don't want to lose out.

At also explains why the media is so aggressive against White Men who are nationalists and Trump. They are in many respects representative of the blue collar white men that made up most of the heartland of America in the past and had much of the media and market power in the past. It also explains why Liberals were so confused and outraged at Trumps win. Since they have control of the media discourse due to market power, but you don't need money to vote. And all they heard from Trump was redneck neckbeard white man talk about outdated anti-progressive values like nationalism and border control and protectionism.

The thing I don't don't understand is why is there such a hatred for people, according to the economic and political data, are on the way out? It's over already. They are just kicking people who are to them, underemployed loser white hicks.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Autistic Autistic x 1
      #21 Medicated, Apr 15, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
      kiwifarms.net
    2. That is an incorrect assumption. They marketed to housewives directly. It was only after women's lib and the widespread rejection of the homemaker role did a bunch of people go digging through old ads to find a couple condescending ones. The reality was quite different. The woman of the time handled a great deal of the purchases and the marketing directly targeted them, the home economist.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
      kiwifarms.net
    3. Well it's not purely that they won't make considerations for the white male demographic in media because it's a declining market force, you also have to remember that like Testaclese said: The Left won the culture war. That entire war is done and over and they own media right now. That's why someone with a Regressive or even just a Liberal mindset, who was born relatively recently, could feasibly have gone their entire lives up until this point without even encountering a Conservative mindset or political stance in media, outside of them being portrayed as an undesirable, if not a villain outright.

Try and imagine the last show you watched that painted a Conservative opinion in a positive light, if it even had a Conservative character to begin with, or the last actor you encountered who lauded candidate Trump the same way that so many of them were lauding Madam President, or the last movie you saw that painted the U.S. Military in a positive light rather than just being loaded to the gills with war-mongering generals and completely incompetent soldiers (Although much of the latter is due to Hollywood trying to appeal to the burgeoning Chinese market). The Left's complete domination of Hollywood and media outlets has made an entire political ideal nearly unavailable to an entire generation of people, but that's where the weakness comes in, because the human mind--especially the young, rebellious mind-- loves a taboo.

Extremists always overreach. It happens every single time, it can't be helped. The Left won the culture war and stormed Hollywood and the media and the news outlets, and then the U.S. became "more tolerant" than it ever had been. From gay marriage to (The beginnings of) legalized marijuana to Affirmative Action to Planned Parenthood, the Left had locked in its victory, reinforced every single one of its defenses, and then... Had nothing left to do. That's where the problems started, because for a Conservative, stagnation is the ideal. Conservatives do not want to change, they are the party of "It's not broken, so don't fucking touch it." where-as the Liberals are the party of change, the party that wants to keep moving; they want something to improve because they think that the world could be better if we just poked it a bit.

Since they had nothing Left to improve, out came the manufactured offenses. Out came the trans-trender movement, the "Illegal Alien" to "Undocumented American" movement, out came the "micro-aggressions", and it got so bad that for awhile there even the pedophiles wanted a go. The Conservatives had to become full-blown Fascists because the Left had already achieved their goals, and the Left can't naturally bunker-down and stay stationary, especially when the bulk of their war machine was manned by bad actors like Clinton and Weinstein and Zuckerberg, who are just donning the mantle of Social Justice as a defense rather than a legitimate belief, in order to make power grabs.

You have to keep things like that in mind when you're reading all of these Op-Eds coming out of publications right now, because by-and-large the media has become little more than a massive echo chamber for Regressive ideologues, and that's tainting any information that might be coming out of their camp. There are certainly problems in culture right now where presenting masculinity and Caucasians in a positive light are concerned, but quite a fair bit of it is also just an echo from the war that they already won that keeps rattling off in a paranoid scream while they try to convince themselves that "the Pendulum" is not going to come violently swinging back over to the Right, after they've spent so much time keeping it nailed-down.

• Informative Informative x 5
      • Winner Winner x 4
      • Like Like x 2
      • Autistic Autistic x 1
      It's HK-47

It's HK-47 Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
      True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    4. But thats what I think is the case, the culture war was in effect, the transfer of market and media power from the middle class blue collar to the coastal middle class white collar.

"The Pendulum" is what is middle america going against what the more affluent coastals who are in charge of the media believe to be true. It's the fact that, no matter how much money a demographic has, a person who is completely broke can still vote. The question is, can the media effectively shriek at middle america about Trump and convince the voters there he's Hitler during his term? And can they field an effective candidate that will pander to middle America and then sell them out when they've won? Because in the end, globalism is the ultimate goal. Tearing down borders to push down wages, reduced power of governments to dictate to corporations. It's virtually completed in the EU.

Even if all of the EU turned hard right overnight? How do you even begin to put that cat back in the bag?

#24 Medicated, Apr 15, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
      kiwifarms.net
    5. Several thoughts:

Instead of saying "Men are bad", people should instead be teaching boys how to be functional, emotionally healthy human beings, and that's not really being done. In some ways boys win out unintentionally in some areas, in others girls do -- just as an example, men are more likely to be diagnosed by doctors as having substance abuse problems or alcoholism *but* doctors are less likely to dig deeper to figure the cause of it, i.e. depression, while depression in women is widely diagnosed. People can say "Oh well I cry and I'm a guy" but trust me, quite a number of guys still subscribe to the stereotypical "boys don't cry. What are you, a pussy?" mentality. If you simply aren't one to get emotional, that's fine, but if you feel you have to be a rock in order for people to respect you, that's a problem society needs to change about itself.

Fathers are important to their kids..if they're good people. Mothers are important to their kids...if they're good people. You can raise a child as a single parent, mother or father, without the kid ending fucked up, a revelation which was a godsend to individuals who were shamed for wanting to leave an abusive spouse for depriving their child of a father or mother.

Personally, I think that there are two groups speaking here when they expound the declaration that "Society is attacking men". One group believes that truly harmful attributes to be found in men --extreme stoicism, emphasis on aggression instead of cooperation even when cooperation would be a better route to take in the long run, and an almost pathological fear of conveying intimacy or emotional closeness with the same sex-- is shit that should be preserved out of some dumbass belief that men aren't men if they aren't that, or "that's how men are *supposed* to be". The other group is rightfully leery of anyone who declares that anything associated with men is bad, and that's the group I am a part of.

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 4
      • Informative Informative x 1
      SeaPancake

SeaPancake KF's resident history sperg

kiwifarms.net
    6. Lol no. Neither the far-leftists who make up the mainstream Democrat party, nor the far-leftists who make up the "Alt-Right", believe that people are individuals who can make their own choices in life. Men are free to pay attention in school or not, and to become therapists or not. Making movies about women or ads targeted toward women doesn't oppress men any more than movies or ads about men oppress women. Neither black nor white people, men or women are being kept down by The Man (or The Woman).

• Like Like x 5
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
      Jon-Kacho

Jon-Kacho spooky jyoon
      True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    7. Damn. As soon as that tragedy was being widely covered I knew people would be making those type of comments but I didn't see an example til now. Fuck CBC for giving this petty bitch the attention she craves. This is not news.

• Agree Agree x 1
      Daughter of Cernunnos

Daughter of Cernunnos humanity is a spook

kiwifarms.net
    8. Except for the emasculated ally types, it is pretty clear that they have been relegated to the Wrong Side of History

• Agree Agree x 3
      millais

millais The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas

kiwifarms.net
    9. I find it quite ironic that the industrial age and culture that "the patriarchy" built eventually led to them signing their own death warrant.

Yes, but could you find that condescending tone towards women in any advertising in the US or UK today? I think you'd be hard pressed.

• Agree Agree x 2
      kiwifarms.net
    10. You were hard pressed to find it then. The context simply changed. When they said "buy our product so that you can keep your home better and your husband and family happy" they weren't being condescending. That was their job. That was their career. Homemaking. And the companies were marketing to those people.

We now look back on it post women's lib and think they were being assholes, but they really weren't. They were just trying to sell their wares to their prime demographic.

The oddballs then are just like the oddballs we see today. A perfect example is this recent Bully Hunters fiasco that was just a hamfisted attempt to sell headphones to girls. Who is to say that in 60-80 years they won't look back at all the pink shit and other assorted dreck they market to women now and brand it as condescending and sexist because times have changed? Or are they simply just trying to sell shit in the context of the time?

• Agree Agree x 2
      kiwifarms.net
    11. whether you want to aknowledge it or not, programs like affirmative action are definitely detrimental to white males.
      People make their own choices yeah, but it's crystal clear how some people out there, are clearly trying to push a certain agenda.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
      aqua sama

aqua sama nature's beauty

kiwifarms.net
    12. 60-80 years? Try 4 years ago. This is just one example of the many articles.

pink.jpg

kiwifarms.net
    13. this was all predicted years ago.

Where do you think all these lefties, trying to claim the blood of White males/the patriarchy, come from?

• Agree Agree x 3
      Nazi vegeta

Nazi vegeta Now Im motivated

kiwifarms.net
      • Informative Informative x 5
      Apoth42

Apoth42 Hehe xd

kiwifarms.net
    14. It's usually better for children to have two-parent households, though. This paper emphasizes that the parents should be the biological parents of the child in question in order for the best results later in life.

I'd argue that there's a biological basis for these attributes, and that it's helped humanity thrive long enough to evolve.

These attributes are important to women, even subconsciously, when selecting a mate. They show that the mate is a stable leader or alpha who is serious about the continuation of the species.

• Like Like x 1
      SaltAndGoldMine

SaltAndGoldMine I only eat Golden Delicious
      True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
      • Agree Agree x 1
      ConcernedAnon

ConcernedAnon Concerned and hopefully anonymous

kiwifarms.net
    15. Those things were fine way back then, but since we all live in a society that depends on us cooperating with others we may not otherwise interact with, being needlessly belligerent is simply a pain in the ass for the system to deal with. Oh sure, your girlfriend may get turned on by your show of "alpha maledom" towards some schlub who was just trying to strike up a conversation with her, but everyone else at the bar just wants to have a fucking drink without you going all Cro Magnon on someone's ass.

We're at 7 billion people and unless we're hit by a supervirus, the survival of our species is not that much of a pressing issue in terms of external threats except those of our own design.

I also stand by my statement that whatever "benefit" a two parent household may have on a child is definitely negated if one or both of the parents are complete pieces of shit and ill-equipped with raising a child in the first place. I'd much rather deal with someone who has Daddy issues because Daddy wasn't there than someone who has Daddy issues because Daddy beat Mommy every night.

• Like  x 1
      • Agree  x 1
      • Disagree  x 1
      •  x 1
      • DRINK  x 1
      SeaPancake

kiwifarms.net
    16. Not quite - cooperation doesn't replace resourcefulness or capability.

I don't have a girlfriend - I am a girl. I'm sorry you're offended by what most women want because you lack it.

Half of the world's population resides in China and Africa, and from what I've been given to understand, most people don't want duplicates of the populations there. White populations are on the decline.

You missed the entire gist of the study - the whole point is that the family is functional because the parents are functional enough individually.

• Powerlevel Powerlevel x 1
      SaltAndGoldMine

SaltAndGoldMine I only eat Golden Delicious
      True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    17. I didn't mean that you were a man, only speaking theoretically, 'if you were an aggressive man'. I am also female. Howdy-do, fellow bitch.

An "Alpha Male" is only good in the short term for romantic and sexual shit, planting the seed in the belly and staking the claim for resources *at the time*. There's a reason why mens' testosterone levels lower when they end up having kids, because that "aggressive alpha" shit isn't helpful when it comes to handling and caring for a very dependent, very breakable creature i.e. a baby (which remains very breakable for a very long time, in fact).

• Agree Agree x 2
      • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
      • Powerlevel Powerlevel x 1
      SeaPancake

kiwifarms.net
    18. You see I don't believe that it's solely due to this. I think all of that is a symptom of globalization, not a cause. These various groups, that were mocked publicly and practiced their trade on the sidelines of society beforehand. They've been "pulled up" as the new demographics now allow them platforms and money they didn't have before.

These groups have been saying the exact same things since the late sixties, it's only 30-40 years later, that now, they can go on prime time and say white men are destructive and evil by nature and must be stopped. Or saying Blacks are the superior race and the Whites were afraid of their power or something like that.

Just as if say, you decided to hold a public speech in 1936 and tell everyone that your country should avoid taking in peoples of other races/cultures and follow the lead of Germany, and become Nationalistic and proud of your race and heritage, and barely anyone would bat an eye. Because you were playing to the class of people that valued that, because it secured their prosperity.

#40 Medicated, Apr 17, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
      kiwifarms.net
    • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
    This website may contain offensive or adult content.
    Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
    All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
    We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.