Is There a God? - Lol

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I expected this thread to be a lot more euphoric than it actually is
It's possible to crack jokes about the subject and wax opinionated without sounding like a total arrogant dumbshit. It's also possible to honestly believe that there's not likely to be a God as laid out by any belief system thus far without completely discounting the possibility that you may be wrong.

I may lean heavily agnostic-to-atheist but don't get me wrong I WISH there were some presiding authority of whom I could ask questions like "What exactly the fuck were you thinking when you created this?"

Barrister

Legal Council for the Epic Department
kiwifarms.net
I feel like it really could go either way. On one hand, the existence of a tangible deity would be difficult to reconcile with our ever-expanding observation and understanding of the universe (not to mention the whole "if God exists why do bad things happen" issue). Then again, if a deity did indeed exist, it would most likely have the capacity to exist outside of the laws of physics, or perhaps even outside of the observable universe entirely. I'd like to think that we as a species will someday know for sure whether a God exists, but for now I'm content with having to wait until I pass on to find out.

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌙 Time and Tide
kiwifarms.net
None of the strange and occasionally frightening things that I've seen in my life need a god to explain them. I don't know what exactly is going on though.

Does that make me an agnostic? Or maybe I'm just a confused heathen, misremembering school lessons and bible verses.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I've seriously tried reading through Bible verses and deciding what the lessons were and after enough cases of me opining on them and being told "NO YOU'RE WRONG" and going back to them and puzzling it out and being told by another person who apparently knew better than me again "NO YOU'RE WRONG" I just said "fuck this, I've seen this game often enough before, shove your fucking book up your ass".

If there's a God in the Christian fashion and he cares to grant me a revelation I won't mistake for anything else, I welcome him to do so. He would know exactly how to do it, after all. His fanclub kind of fucking sucks, though.

*extremely mom voice*

more woman than woman
kiwifarms.net
(I wish I was joking, Sheela used to divinley appoint kings by trying to foist herself upon them as an old hag who got sexier mid intercourse)
This was known as the the sheela na gig economy

I don't have any reason to believe in God or any gods as such. But as the Euphoric Atheists thread shows, if someone's entire response to religion is "haha god isn't real, fuck to religion and all its works" then there's a good chance that person is a sped. Like congrats on feeling superior to millenia of human history and culture, your descendants definitely aren't going to be laughing at any of your dumbass beliefs.

I think there are things in our culture that fill the emotional space that religion used to occupy. I'm specifically picturing the shrine of funko pop dolls in the background of every picture of a NEET den. And a celibate priesthood is not longer an option for incel atheists in these enlightened times, so instead they practice monastic devotion to a (*Depeche Mode plays*) personal Venus, aka a waifu. Otherkin shit is a spiritual practice, and a lot of furries talk about how they want to be like their fursonas, going so far as to commission votive art to show their devotion and feel closer to their favorite characters.

idk man just

Edit: also, Sheela na Gig is medieval Goatse.

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌙 Time and Tide
kiwifarms.net
I've seriously tried reading through Bible verses and deciding what the lessons were and after enough cases of me opining on them and being told "NO YOU'RE WRONG" and going back to them and puzzling it out and being told by another person who apparently knew better than me again "NO YOU'RE WRONG" I just said "fuck this, I've seen this game often enough before, shove your fucking book up your ass".

If there's a God in the Christian fashion and he cares to grant me a revelation I won't mistake for anything else, I welcome him to do so. He would know exactly how to do it, after all. His fanclub kind of fucking sucks, though.
The revelation that I was given included an explanation of the creatures giving it
They were not divine and the entire purpose of disclosing their biological nature was to deny divinity

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I don't believe in anything supernatural at all, but I'm superstitious. The fuck, brain?
Actually mildly triskadekaphobic myself for no reason I can fathom. I just don't like leaving things at "13". Also I do the salt thing and basically never open umbrellas until I'm fully clear of whatever building.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino