Is there a lolcow that hits kind of close to home for you? -

Distant Stare

Drop Feet First
kiwifarms.net
Chris

I have an aspergers diagnosis and did not fit in at school. Instead of sonic and that sort of stuff my special interest was science. I also have trouble with girls because I cant socialize. I never really had more than one friend at a time, and only once every few years. I am getting better slightly now

andr0id psycho sho(ker

I destroy internet memes with my creepy stare!
kiwifarms.net
I'd say doug walker. He had a brief taste of fame on the internet and became addicted to it, founding his own supporting cast of reviewers who all spiraled into various flavors of insanity. Much like DSP, he's stuck doing something he hates because he has no real alternative for it and will continue to do it until he dies.

Reactions: AnotherPleb

Maskull

funpostin
kiwifarms.net
I got put into a special ed class in 2nd grade because I was too shy to speak in class (well, I was shy -- but mostly I stopped speaking because my 1st grade teacher paddled me in front of the class and I was too terrified to speak after that). My special ed teacher was an angel, though, and got it all sorted out -- but the 1st grade teacher didn't even tell my parents she was placing me in special ed. My parents didn't even know it was a special ed classroom until my 2nd grade teacher called them in for a conference because she didn't think I belonged there. I've always wondered if there were a lot of students like me who slid through the cracks and didn't have a good teacher to help them out of it. But you had it much worse. I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm impressed you overcame it so well.
I had similar issues as a youth. I went undiagnosed for severe depression and I became utterly despondent. I would go without speaking for weeks at a time and my grades sunk as low as I felt. The school I attended didn't know what to do and probably didn't care that much and shuffled me into a program where I only got worse. Where I live they shoved students with essentially any behavioral issue in with the genuinely retarded just so they could maintain scores with the state.

Aforementioned depression had fucked me up for years and there was a time when I compared myself to CWC because of it. Not that I ever was a gibbering autistic but because I needed something to compare and comparing the progress I made to his stagnation and descent was cathartic.

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
You know, it's hard to say I sympathise with Spoony, but when I look at what's he become, I still wonder if that's what I could've been, if I just gave up.
And for that matter, all these washed out e-celebs I somewhat pity and hate simultaneously. At some point they had money, friends, partners, but they pissed it all away out of their arrogance. I don't have nearly as much as they had, but I'm still grateful for that.
Also, Chris, because I need a boyfriend-free girl too.
This, also to an extent with DSP and similar cows. It isn't so much that they hit close to home, but I feel like they're horrifying glimpses of "what could have been." Most of the people I know went through that phase of basically refusing to grow up and more or less giving up on life to be a full time gamer/nerd/general time waster. The difference was it was very much a temporary phase and not a full blown lifestyle choice. I think that's part of what makes those types of cows interesting to follow. In reality, their content tends to be very stale, repetitive and boring, but there's something fascinating about watching someone time and time again make the wrong decision, especially when they do have so many people/opportunities to succeed.

Easterling

kiwifarms.net
I'd say its Chris for me, not that I can entirely relate, but knowing about his early life I think alot of kiwis can relate to him on a childhood level, the key difference is that wheras many of us finally grew up at varying ages (I still played with toys till 14). Thats where the smiliarites for many of us end though, we grew up, our parents made us do so. Which is why its so tragic in the case of Chris who was never made to confront reality and progress to that level of maturity. There are many life experiances that he's missed out on, as a result of both his and his parents negilgence. I think as well its that lack of life experiance that gets me on a personal level, during teenage years, which were some of the more more darker periods of my life I felt left behind by my peers in terms of life expeierence having very few friends at the time. I was lucky enough to get a fresh start at life by going to university but for Chris its too late, its why I cant help but feel for the guy, even if he is blissfully unaware with his fantasy world.

Catch Your Breath

Designated Tard Reviewer
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Desmond is someone I can’t help but feel bad for. If you read his thread, it’s obvious he is not who it’s all about, it’s his mother who’s doing this to him. It’s the worst parts of stage moms and ‘activism’ rolled together, and I just feel bad for the poor kid.
Besides him, the Deathfats are a group I feel a bit bad for. I know, most of their problems aren’t the fat, it’s that they aren’t good people in the first place. But I can’t help but look at a 500 elbee woman and think, “they were 400 at one point”. And if you watch shows like My 600 Pound Life, you know that they are never happy people because of how far they’ve fallen into food. I don’t excuse them, but I do feel bad for them.
I can assure you that this is more than an appropriate response to Desmond. I can't think of a single user who has ever blamed Desmond for what's happening to him. That poor kid is going to need so much therapy to correct the damage his mother has done and I honestly dunno if he'll ever fully recover.

Robo Sonichu

https://sonichu.com/cwcki/Cakefarts
kiwifarms.net
For me, it feels like all of them hit close to home for me in a way. I sometimes feel kinda shitty, I kinda feel as if I'm something of a lolcow myself, the only difference being that I can hide my lolcow-ish tendencies. I had abusive/neglective parents, and it's definitely shaped me into a person who is odd and hated by society. In specific though, I'd have to say Terry A. Davis, and I probably have a bit more in common with Chris Chan than I'd ever like to admit.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
For me, its Spoony.

I look at him and I see what I could have become if I didn't get my shit together and make something of my life. I could have easily turned into a perma pity party stuck in my parents' basement forever, but thankfully, I decided to put in the work and fix my life, and I'm much better for it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: zedkissed60

General Disarray

Mmm ... spooky
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Luna Slater. I wish I could have a conversation with her to dissuade her from the path she is on, but I am afraid she's going to end up homeless or dead without serious self-reflection and ditching Lurch :(

chlorine

レンとスティピー
kiwifarms.net
YandereDev and John K. They're two of the cows that brought me here in the first place. (huge PL coming up btw)

• YandereDev- I used to be a huge fan of Yandere Simulator years ago. I would excitedly wait for each update and eagerly hoped that the game would make it to Kickstarter and be successfully funded. Obviously, this all fell through and look where I've now ended up... :P
  • John K- This cow is definitely the one who "hits home" the most for me. I used to really look up to him when I was a lot younger. I was obsessed with Ren and Stimpy (I still like the series to this day) and wanted to create my own stories and cartoons one day. I even wanted to send John a letter one day asking for advice...looking back now, I'm really glad I didn't... :cryblood:(:_( (also his thread is severely underrated and is one of my faves on this entire site alongside YanDev's)

Longcat

A GREAT BIG BOWL OF FUCKADOODLES
kiwifarms.net
Sapphire Crimson Claw. As a teenager I was into the non binary and asexual shit but that was just my brain on too much tumblr conflating being a tomboy and not wanting a boyfriend just yet with those labels. Also had a “not religious, just spiritual” phase, but grew out of all that. Unfortunately Stephanie/Sapphire/Yarrow is stuck in that mindset and she’s older than me.

• Feels
Reactions: FluffyTehFennekin

OlympicFapper

kiwifarms.net
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A FLOPPY DISK INTO THE SLOT. IT'S DOOM COLUMBINE MOD AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START SHOOTING ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, DYLAN KLEBOLD. I DO EVERY GUNSHOT AND I DO EVERY GUNSHOT HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME TEENAGER BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE EARTHS MOST DANGEROUS HIGH SCHOOL. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY FIRING RANGE AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN FIRING RANGES CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED THE EDGY SOUNDTRACK AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng
I read this in Captain Dickhead voice. (willfromafar)

yoshitsune

Genpei cowboy
kiwifarms.net
Weebs, because I used to be one in my pre-teens and early teens. I was the rare kind of breed of weeb though because I didn't watch anime that much, but was a history buff so I read a lot of books about the samurai and especially the Warring States period, so much so that I got obsessed with it. I did play a shit ton of japjank PS1 and PS2 games, if it had samurai or yakuza or something like that in it I just had to play it, quality be damned.

Also, Spoony, I used to be a fan of his until he just stopped producing any worthwhile content, that was ages ago but it feels so recent. I fell into the same endless slacking rabbit hole when I was writing my master's thesis. I spent a full year not working on it at all and I ended up becoming depressed from just doing nothing all day. I snapped out of it when I read about how Spoony just does deranged rants on twitter, was in the process of losing his house, was the poster boy for learned helplessness and so on. I thought to myself "Do I really wanna become like him?" , concluded that I don't and stopped being a lazy bum.

Reactions: Longcat

Battlecruiser3000ad

greetings frum india i hate gays
kiwifarms.net
The ones who are very intelligent in some ways yet act like retards.
It hits close to home because I am very intelligent myself, just in all regards.
It just bothers me how they came close to my perfection in some regard.
In some ways, being brilliant can be a curse, and I am glad I avoided that and am simply the apex of brilliance with no downsides.

I also blame the aforementioned intellicows for why women don't seem to understand me when I tell them about my superior humanity, and don't even send me pics.

Longcat

A GREAT BIG BOWL OF FUCKADOODLES
kiwifarms.net
Weebs, because I used to be one in my pre-teens and early teens. I was the rare kind of breed of weeb though because I didn't watch anime that much, but was a history buff so I read a lot of books about the samurai and especially the Warring States period, so much so that I got obsessed with it. I did play a shit ton of japjank PS1 and PS2 games, if it had samurai or yakuza or something like that in it I just had to play it, quality be damned.

Also, Spoony, I used to be a fan of his until he just stopped producing any worthwhile content, that was ages ago but it feels so recent. I fell into the same endless slacking rabbit hole when I was writing my master's thesis. I spent a full year not working on it at all and I ended up becoming depressed from just doing nothing all day. I snapped out of it when I read about how Spoony just does deranged rants on twitter, was in the process of losing his house, was the poster boy for learned helplessness and so on. I thought to myself "Do I really wanna become like him?" , concluded that I don't and stopped being a lazy bum.
My own weeb phase was hardcore - I would have sold my soul for a one way ticket to Japan, but like you I was less of an anime fan and more into vidya, J-pop and J-dramas and had convinced myself that Japanese culture, despite all its issues, was superior. At least I came out of it able to speak another language, I guess.

Tags
None