IS there a way to see when a google maps aerial photo was taken? -

northstar747

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I need to know when an aerial photo was taken. Super short version the aerial of the back of a construction yard shows a pallet of material missing. my client has a under oath statement saying its there, and has always been there.

I got google earth pro, but the 3d view shows the yard the way it was over 4 years ago which doesnt help.

any advice guys

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
It should say the source of the imagery at the bottom left, unless they changed something.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Aren't Google Maps satellite shots generally at least a year old by the time they're composited together? And the compositing often combines images that are obviously months apart, season-wise.

Catch Your Breath

Designated Tard Reviewer
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Aren't Google Maps satellite shots generally at least a year old by the time they're composited together? And the compositing often combines images that are obviously months apart, season-wise.
On the 1st part, yes. I haven't seen anything about the 2nd part though, that's interesting.

OP, I'm sure Google provides an article detailing their process on map-making if you look it up. They probably have a video on YT showcasing it.

Sam Losco

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm actually not sure in Maps if they show the date, but Google Earth does.

Yes that can happen (the second part). Another thing I've noticed is that it will usually use different imagery when you have the 3D shit (called Globe in Maps) turned on vs turned off. Usually the more recent imagery will be with it turned off.

northstar747

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Yes that can happen (the second part). Another thing I've noticed is that it will usually use different imagery when you have the 3D shit (called Globe in Maps) turned on vs turned off. Usually the more recent imagery will be with it turned off.
Yes when i do the 3d change it reverts to easily over 3 years ago to back before to took a metal shed down. i know the copy right of the map image is the current year.

Thanks for trying to help guys i ll keep digging

Exterminate Leftists

Who needs nuance when you have a helicopter?
kiwifarms.net
Solar installers and local government authorities pay for access to more recent Google satellite data sets. Maybe you can negotiate access.
I'm not sure if it will help, but I know that you have to set up a billable google account in order to get heightmap data from gmaps. I think you get a certain amount free per month or year, there may be other information available on there. You might be able to use a pre-paid CC to set up a google play account too. Not really sure if it would be valuable here, but an avenue worth researching if they're coming up short with other methods.

northstar747

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Sorry to double quote but YES it worked when i pressed image history i got a date.

here s an example

to avoid power leveling

richardshouse.jpg

Tags
None