Is there actually a flip phone available? -

Rafal Gan Ganowicz

Please do not rate this user's posts autistic.
kiwifarms.net
Not a flip phone,but I use a Nokia brick. Costs $90 CDN and is virtually indestructable. My work involves alot of airborn silica and iron filings, as well as very rough handling, and I cannot justify paying massive cash 3 time per year to replace a smartphone. Downside is the camera is a potato and no data, upside is cheap as hell and cannot be contact traced or similar gaydom.

Not a flip phone,but I use a Nokia brick. Costs $90 CDN and is virtually indestructable. My work involves alot of airborn silica and iron filings, as well as very rough handling, and I cannot justify paying massive cash 3 time per year to replace a smartphone. Downside is the camera is a potato and no data, upside is cheap as hell and cannot be contact traced or similar gaydom.

Apples And Cinnamon

kiwifarms.net
There are a variety of flip-phones, dumb phones or more tastefully dubbed, clamshell available for your needs.

The new Razr phone is a flip phone but with a lot of modern niceties we've come to expect.

I'm sure there are more fashionable flip phones out there akin to the new model Razr but I'm far too lazy to look.

soft kitty

1 negrate = 1 pet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As long as there's a market for them, they're going to be available.

Seems there are a not insignificant amount of people who don't want the full functionality of a smartphone.

garakfan69

Mentally Enabled Schizoposter
kiwifarms.net
foo.gif

I make my calls with a racing car - do you?

SmokingPig

What is that on the floor?
kiwifarms.net
Tbh I am not quite sure if when you would get a phone, that you would be able to get one that doesn't have the ability to text. I am guessing your preference in a phone would be like those Nokia flip phones that were big in the early to mid 2000's. Nokia 2720 looks a bit like a promising phone for that feature. Though as another member on this thread suggested the new generation of Motorola Razr looks like a fucking beautiful phone. I have nothing but good things to say about Motorola phones, they are very well built, and are very reliable. My old man when I was a kid in the early 2000's had a Razr phone, and I would have to say that the phone is everything any boomer would look for in a phone. The given bonus is if you are a clumsy boomer like my Mom, then this type of phone is very hard to break. There is just something about Motorola phones make them good for that reason.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
This is pathetic. Candidate for the spergatory.

Have you literally never been inside a Wal-Mart? What sort of isolated life do you lead that you didn't know flip phones were available?

You literally made a thread for something a 2 minute google search could've answered.

Fuck you faggot, I went to one and not a single one there had the LACK of features I wanted, so suck the shit out of my goddamn asshole. This thread gave me better advice than anything online which is why I started it you fucking asshole.

Spedestrian

Non-Euclidian Simian
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuck you faggot, I went to one and not a single one there had the LACK of features I wanted, so suck the shit out of my goddamn asshole. This thread gave me better advice than anything online which is why I started it you fucking asshole.
You just admitted that you're the one who wants the grandpa phone. I mean we all knew it was you already, but still :story:

• DRINK!
Reactions: Buster O'Keefe

Frozen Fishsticks

kiwifarms.net
You know @The Frankenstein Monster is the kind of uptight wet blanket who gets a boner whenever he gets a chance to correct people that Frankenstein is not the name of the monster. Like he eagerly waits for the movie to get mention or finds clumsy excuses to bring up Boris Karloff in conversation so he can viciously correct people with the one piece of spiteful erudition he knows.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
You just admitted that you're the one who wants the grandpa phone. I mean we all knew it was you already, but still :story:

I don't though, I have an iPhone and am keeping it. Otherwise I'd probably already know what kind of grampa phone I'd get (probably one like the old Nokia I had years ago). I am going to stick with the 4s until I'm forced to upgrade to some 5G bullshit some time next year. It is the last iPhone of a normal size before those fucking retards started coming up with bigger and bigger phones every version for no sane reason.

Tags
None