Is trolling the new "Twinkie Defense"?

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

Martin Shkreli: Troll or Douchebag?

• Troll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Douchebag

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Both

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dain Bramage

Chris Malloch
kiwifarms.net
For those who don't know what the "Twinkie Defense" is, it's from a murder case a few decades ago where the defendant claimed that he was seriously high on a sugar rush from eating lots of Twinkies, and therefore wasn't entirely responsible for his actions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinkie_defense

Now jump to Present Day, and Martin Shkreli is now claiming that all the things he said that pissed off the world was just him having some innocent trolling fun.

http://mashable.com/2015/12/21/martin-shkreli-fights-back/

So, to present this case to True and Honest Trolls of the Kiwi, what is your general analysis? Was he just being a troll that got out of hand or is he a sociopathic asshole trying to make up a bullshit legal defense?

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Shkreli was in total control over himself when saying those things. Trolling had next to nothing to do with it.

I can maybe see where White was going with his defense. As while he was in control too, you could give a reason as to why he did it (revenge, depression, paranoia, a mix of all three even). Martin doesn't even have any of that to defend him, he's a dick, plain and simple.

Last edited:

VLAD

I may be but small, but I will die a colossus.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is it considered trolling if I put twelve grains of lead in his brain ironically?

*Asterisk*

Five-Percenter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The jury didn't let off Dan White because of the Twinkie Defense, they let him off because they liked him better than the liberal mayor and the homosexual supervisor he assassinated out of his actual motives of jealousy and resentment. And while they had to convict him of something they didn't want to have him executed when he murdered two people they didn't like anyway and the jury had far more sympathy for his end. Not to mention it was such a blatant miscarriage of justice that it led to both riots and the abolition of diminished capacity defenses in California.

No jury is gonna feel sympathetic for Shkreli no matter what defense he uses. The only way he'll have out is by copping a plea. The second the case goes to trial, the jury will send the judge a sketch of a noose before they're even sent to deliberation.