Israel/Palestine

ulsterscotsman

᚛ᚂᚐᚋᚆ ᚇᚆᚓᚐᚏᚌ ᚐᚁᚒ᚜
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Palestine is not recognized as a state under customary international law, nor does the UN recognize it as a full member. States have a number of legal characteristics that have to exist before a state exists, and Palestine is lacking.
Well it needs to be recognized and for Israel to pull out of the West Bank if there is to be any chance of peace and a two state solution.
"Palestine" was never a state and "Palestinians" never asked for autonomy or claimed they were independent until 1967 when they stopped being under Arab occupation.
Modern Israelis and the State of Israel never existed until 1947 either.

Joan Nyan

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Then what do you suggest?
It all depends on what Palestine does. Israel would be perfectly happy with a two state solution but it's kind of hard to coexist peacefully with people who want you destroyed if it's the last thing they do.

As it stands the best solution would be take down Palestine's government, which is more like a terrorist organization than a government anyway, then give the Palestinian territory to Israel and Israeli citizenship to all the innocent Palestinians, which will make their lives much better because they'll now be in a prosperous, free Western country instead of a backwards shithole.

AnOminous

Villain, I have done thy mother.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It all depends on what Palestine does. Israel would be perfectly happy with a two state solution but it's kind of hard to coexist peacefully with people who want you destroyed if it's the last thing they do.

As it stands the best solution would be take down Palestine's government, which is more like a terrorist organization than a government anyway, then give the Palestinian territory to Israel and Israeli citizenship to all the innocent Palestinians, which will make their lives much better because they'll now be in a prosperous, free Western country instead of a backwards shithole.

Why would Israel want to fuck over their economy by absorbing a backwards shithole?

conidia'95

the lurker
kiwifarms.net
sorry to bump I support both israel and palestine but america should not use so much of its resources to support israel. but still support israel americans should worry about themselves more.

my condolenses to those lost in the conflict I hope that peace will come to all sides of the conflict.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe I'm a cismale white imperialist oppressor and in the pocket of the CIA, but I think the only people who own any piece of land are the ones with the means to HOLD it. While Israel is kinda of a shitty ally to the US of A, they're the only stable partner we have out there that isn't a bad election or royal change of heart from becoming a serious fucking issue. At least until we finally find a way to create a Kurdish nation out there

aidshaver9111

kiwifarms.net
so i heard they released some jordanian dude who stabbed a couple of israeli kids if you think about it he actually stopped their suffering by ripping they souls from their bodies, sending them straight to god where they now play nintendo ds

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
Part of the problem, at least that I see it, is that Israel is seen as "the good guys". So you want them to act like the good guys. You know? They're also the stronger power, they have the advantage, and the Palestinians are the under dog. Also, as pointed out, the reason so many are wary about Islamophobia IS the fear of another Holocaust. At one time, Jews were looked at in the same way as Muslims are now. No, there wasn't a lot of Jewish terrorism, but a lot of Islamic terrorism is more than just religion (it's fundamentalism, nationalism, my way or the high way, etc). Jews were greedy, Jews were evil, they wanted to take over the world, they were the enemy of the world, and the only way to stop them was to wipe them out. This didn't start with Hitler. (Ever hear of "Blood Libel"? People used to believe that shit)

It's like, "those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it." It may sound like an exaggeration, but people thought so back in the 1930s as well. (The idea that we're going to have Sharia Law in the U.S. is fucking absurd. It's just as ridiculous as people who claimed that if JFK was elected, he'd be taking orders from the Vatican.)

"Palestine" was never a state and "Palestinians" never asked for autonomy or claimed they were independent until 1967 when they stopped being under Arab occupation.

The Arabic people in Gaza speak isn't even the same as the one spoken in Judea and Samaria, to the point Arafat needed a constant translator to remind him of the right words when speaking to them

Guess again. It's a hell of a lot more complex than that.

AnOminous

Villain, I have done thy mother.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You don't have to go into politics to support Israel. Just follow the utilitarian principle. Take a look at all the technological advancements Israel has brought to the world.
Compare it to what good any muzzie nation has brought us in modern times (oil doesn't count).

They're too useless to even help get it up out of the ground. They're just the nuisances encumbering the ground it's under.

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
Even if they were, they'll never stop fighting long enough to do so. Unless something major changes, they'll just keep on killing each other. Might as well just pull up a lawn chair and break out the popcorn. (It's amusing and depressing at the same time -- the ultimate story of human nature)

Last edited: