Issues with Family Vlogging -

Hongourable Madisha

You see, some of us don't know English properly.
kiwifarms.net
The podcast "You're Wrong About" has a great series on Princess Diana and multiple times during the series they mention how one of the hosts believes that the monarchy is child abuse, and that what we've seen of royal children being in the spotlight for hundreds of years is now being seen on a much larger scale with this sort of shit.
There's so much abuse by royals and their friends (Epstein, Saville, Ball etc) of other people's children that I hadn't even considered that aspect. I can agree with it, at least they're not married off in childhood any more but they're thrust into the public eye from birth and forced to interact with their family in rigidly controlled ways rather than just being a kid.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It’s a big violation of privacy. I see people around me doing things like ‘photo of them breastfeeding their four year old’ with captions about sticking it to the haters etc. I know one woman who is desperate to be an influencer and she’s a brand rep for various things - she puts SO much intimate detail of family life on her Instagram and blog blogs. Naked kids, kids breastfeeding etc. Any criticism gets people branded a hater.
The kids will grow up resentful, and with no clear idea of boundaries. But then that’s the current year push isn’t it? No privacy, everything online so your views can be easily ascertained for marketing and political profiling. No right to say no to boys in your bathroom or you being monetised.
There’s something very inhuman about it, it when you consider it in the context of the digital panopticon we live in, it’s downright sinister.

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
Anyone here remember Daddyofive? To me the only silver lining of this kind of YT channel is the fact it can put truly abusive parents in the spotlight, and in this case he actually had his kids taken from him. But the saddest thing to me is that his kids had to endure his BS for years before people with half a moral compass caught on.

lightswitchdoll

oh mate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do the Norris nuts count as family vloggers? They're fucking awful. The kids are all homeschooled and their schoolwork seems to involve making and editing youtube videos, playing vidya, talking about the oldest girls medical problems online and the boy crying when he doesn't get his own way. There's a lot of crying with cameras in faces, actually. They even joke about it making good thumbnails.

They have different channels for gaming, 'doing stuff' and general vlogs and they've released vanity music videos which are dreadful and will haunt them forever. They're also now doing reaction videos because apparently they weren't working hard enough already. Also I noticed in one video they were going through the comments and one of the girls had some Pajeets telling her they love her so i really hope the parents are filtering the comments somewhat. And they all share a room, which is bizarre to me when they're all pre-teens and teenagers.

I was trying to explain to my kid what was so shitty about it all and she couldn't understand because she's 8 and making youtube videos just looks fun to her.

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
The kids will grow up resentful, and with no clear idea of boundaries. But then that’s the current year push isn’t it? No privacy, everything online so your views can be easily ascertained for marketing and political profiling. No right to say no to boys in your bathroom or you being monetised.
There’s something very inhuman about it, it when you consider it in the context of the digital panopticon we live in, it’s downright sinister.
“Secrets are lies, sharing is caring, privacy is theft.” - The Circle