It sucks that Cyberpunk 2077’s edgelord marketing worked so well -

• Stinky Indonesians are trying to spam the forum with ad placement links. If you see a post containing inline links or direct link placements to what seem like commercial products, only somewhat related to the thread, please report it. Fake passports/documents and brand name clothing like shoes seem common.

agility_

kiwifarms.net
Only trannies and the usual misinformed wokelet still talks about gamergate, like it's some world conspiracy.

Maude Snew

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own toes
kiwifarms.net
You're missing the entire point. It's not transgender, it's transhuman which is entirely different. Fuck my brain up some more with horrible hormone therapy and eventually mutilate my body? Fucking pass. Fuck my brain up some more by letting me replace my arms with machine guns and put a jetpack in my back? Sign me right the fuck up! Also I guess i could keep track of my sunglasses better if they were implanted right in my skull.

Huge Fuckin Nerd

kiwifarms.net
IT'S BEEN SIX GODDAMN YEARS, STOP BRINGING THAT SHIT UP ALREADY! Seriously, it's almost as bad as the college educated and hoodrat niggas who still bring up "the legacy of slavery" almost 250 years after the fact. Almost.
The legacy of slavery can still hold water in an argument since it influenced 200 years of sociopolitical economic decisions that arguably led to widespread poverty among black people. What the fuck legacy does gamergate have, other than producing tard cum?

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
apparently she only looks the part, her actual stuff is far less pozzed. was also the same artist who made the "transphobic" ingame ad retardera couldn't stop screeching about.
10-15 years ago every chick I knew with what people now call dangerhair was a gigantic edgelord and genuinely into whatever nerdy thing they took an interest in. They didn't all give up the look when the crazies took over the look either. The ones I knew that did only did so because they were worried about looking immature or maintaining the color was expensive and bad for their hair.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
despite tech billionaire Musk fitting the clichéd description of many cyberpunk villains
Not really. Bezos fits the description though.

With the specter of GamerGate still looming over gaming
maxresdefault (3).jpg
-I miss when we could tell gamejournos to kill themselves...
-You fought in Gamergate?
-Yes. I used to shitpost with my fellow gamers like your father. I once told Anita to get raped by a pack of niggers.

Jesus, can they stop bringing up Goobergrape everytime there's something that goes against their ideology?

Cyclonus

kiwifarms.net
Any game that pisses off journos and sjws is a day one purchase for me, and I suspect I'm not the only one. Developers might decide to take advantage of that and stick un-PC content into shit games to get them to sell, but frankly that's a price worth paying. It's basically the same principle that got Trump elected.

Maude Snew

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own toes
kiwifarms.net
Any game that pisses off journos and sjws is a day one purchase for me, and I suspect I'm not the only one. Developers might decide to take advantage of that and stick un-PC content into shit games to get them to sell, but frankly that's a price worth paying. It's basically the same principle that got Trump elected.
I mean shit, it worked for Heartbeat with that sweet 41% discount. I may even finish the game some day.

Vyse Inglebard

Is it over already?!
kiwifarms.net
The legacy of slavery can still hold water in an argument since it influenced 200 years of sociopolitical economic decisions that arguably led to widespread poverty among black people.
That isn't what said niggos talk about when it comes to that, though. It usually boils down to "WYPIPO BAD BECUZ THAY PUT US IN CHAYNZ 250 YEARS AGO!" There's a reason for that though. It keeps the elite in power over us.

On topic though, no wonder gaming journalism is gaining less and less respect these days. After I saw the shit that Zombae (a... *sigh* DUBYA-O-CEE game journalist who basically race-baited for a free Xbox Series X and got her mob to delete a video that rightfully called her out on it) did, I lost the tiny amounts of sympathy I had left for them. They can rot in hell.

derpherp2

kiwifarms.net
If trailers and marketting shit aren't going to have actual gameplay information (and I mean actual gameplay information not edited gameplay footage to jack off your graphic fidelity), it better be fucking hilarious.

Edgelord bullshit is always entertaining, one way or another. Just ask John Romero and his ads.

TowinKarz

I've been a wreck lately.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gamergate is literally the only thing gaming journalists have left. I mean, its getting so old that nobody really even knows what it was anymore. Its nearly a decade out. Gaming journos are being replaced by streamers and this is the only way they can deal with it.

Who'dve thunk that aggressively gatekeeping an industry would purify it into oblivion?

Who knew that people who actually wanted to review games and play games instead of spout politics and throw out anyone who didn't fall in line would snap up the entire audience and all the ad money because they were creating content gamers wanted to actually watch? Leaving the politico hacks at meaningless legacy outlets without a purpose except to write weepy articles about how bad gamers are for each other until the parent conglomerate shutters their cubicle for bringing in nothing to the bottom line?

"Game" journalism in the mainstream press was always full of moralscolds, it's just that back in the day, what they were whining about at least was a bit plausible and had wide appeal (is this first-person-shooter stuff good for our kids?) instead of decrying a game as being neo-Nazi propaganda if you can't troon-out your character and how game publishers should run background checks on all perspective purchasers of their wares and automatically deny sales to any registered gun owners or Republicans? (Can't have your stuff tainted by the touch of the unclean heathen, and if you dont' agree, you're evil too) .

There was never a purpose to MSM "Game" journalism, it was always a dumping ground for talentless writers, full of errors and stoking moral panics, nothing's changed, the panickers have just gotten much more repugnant and loud in that they now believe a pronoun menu with less than 20 options is the reason to worry, not the vast amounts of guns and gore in a 90's FPS and can't believe their "expertise" and moral progressivism isn't making the games community hang on their every word, and they seek to punish us all for that... .by ruining "our" games with bad press and blacklisting.

Last edited: