ITT: Pitch Your YA Sci Fi Dystopia Story - Book Three Will Be Made Into Two Movies

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
Eris Keefe is a normal poor teenager living in the Junker Zone of Reddust, a small planet of no real significance. They are under the control of Oseana, a nearby world run by a ruthless authoritarian government. Eris's life changes forever when her best friend Nemesia is arrested by an Oseanan patrol group and taken off world. Now she must work with the dashing rebel Jan Rojak to find a way off planet and rescue her friend. Can Eris save Nemesia? What do the Oseanans want with her? Find out all and more in Rust Walker, part one of the exciting new YA trilogy "Dust World" by critically acclaimed New Zealand author R.S Squatch.

Upcoming Works:
Sky Dancer: Dust World Book 2
Fire Warrior: Dust World Book 3

Just A Butt

Lift me up, like a garage door.
kiwifarms.net
critically acclaimed New Zealand author R.S Squatch.
:winner:

Is this some kind of mad lib game, or are you supposed to actually come up with a pitch?
I actually came up with a really dumb, super cliche thing that would probably sell like hotcakes when i read this, but i dont have time to get into it right now...

Think Gurren Lagann mixed with Hunger Games

Jeanne d'Arc

Running Up a Massive Tab
kiwifarms.net
Bella Swan has always been a little bit different. Never one to run with the crowd, Bella never cared about fitting in with the trendy girls at her Phoenix, Arizona high school. When her mother remarries and Bella chooses to live with her father in the rainy little town of Forks, Washington, she doesn't expect much of anything to change. But things do change when she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful Edward Cullen. For Edward is nothing like any boy she's ever met. He's nothing like anyone she's ever met, period. He's intelligent and witty, and he seems to see straight into her soul. In no time at all, they are swept up in a passionate and decidedly unorthodox romance - unorthodox because Edward really isn't like the other boys. He can run faster than a mountain lion. He can stop a moving car with his bare hands. Oh, and he hasn't aged since 1918. Like all vampires, he's immortal. That's right - vampire. But he doesn't have fangs - that's just in the movies. And he doesn't drink human blood, though Edward and his family are unique among vampires in that lifestyle choice. To Edward, Bella is that thing he has waited 90 years for - a soul mate. But the closer they get, the more Edward must struggle to resist the primal pull of her scent, which could send him into an uncontrollable frenzy. Somehow or other, they will have to manage their unmanageable love. But when unexpected visitors come to town and realize that there is a human among them Edward must fight to save Bella? A modern, visual, and visceral Romeo and Juliet story of the ultimate forbidden love affair - between vampire and mortal.

What do you guys think? I think it'll sell real well to teenage girls, maybe get a couple movie adaptations with that dude from Sharkboy and Lavagirl in them.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
Bella Swan has always been a little bit different. Never one to run with the crowd, Bella never cared about fitting in with the trendy girls at her Phoenix, Arizona high school. When her mother remarries and Bella chooses to live with her father in the rainy little town of Forks, Washington, she doesn't expect much of anything to change. But things do change when she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful Edward Cullen. For Edward is nothing like any boy she's ever met. He's nothing like anyone she's ever met, period. He's intelligent and witty, and he seems to see straight into her soul. In no time at all, they are swept up in a passionate and decidedly unorthodox romance - unorthodox because Edward really isn't like the other boys. He can run faster than a mountain lion. He can stop a moving car with his bare hands. Oh, and he hasn't aged since 1918. Like all vampires, he's immortal. That's right - vampire. But he doesn't have fangs - that's just in the movies. And he doesn't drink human blood, though Edward and his family are unique among vampires in that lifestyle choice. To Edward, Bella is that thing he has waited 90 years for - a soul mate. But the closer they get, the more Edward must struggle to resist the primal pull of her scent, which could send him into an uncontrollable frenzy. Somehow or other, they will have to manage their unmanageable love. But when unexpected visitors come to town and realize that there is a human among them Edward must fight to save Bella? A modern, visual, and visceral Romeo and Juliet story of the ultimate forbidden love affair - between vampire and mortal.

What do you guys think? I think it'll sell real well to teenage girls, maybe get a couple movie adaptations with that dude from Sharkboy and Lavagirl in them.
Sounds like self-insert Anne Rice plagiarism and I get the impression you're an undersexed homebody with no friends.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Run - After a strange light briefly engulfs the world as winter begins, almost exactly half of humanity slowly yet inexorably becomes driven against their will to violently and sadistically exterminate the other half of the world's population, with everybody one on earth chosen seemingly by random to become predator or prey. Amidst this global genocide there exist only a handful of "anomalies" who are seemingly both immune to the violent madness of the predators and also not marked for death as prey.

As the world burns around them, a group of these anomalies are contacted by a mysterious old man in red who promises to give them the answers they need if they are able to reach him at his home in the arctic circle. The story follows Kee Farms, a teenage girl who saw her entire family murdered by her friends and neighbours as she travels north from florida across a ravaged america along with her childhood friend Chris who has been marked as prey. However as they travel north through the war torn lands, they find themselves hunted by the psychopathic Jace Connors, a fellow anomaly who has turned to hunting his own kind for unknown reasons.

TLDR the rwandan genocide happens worldwide, with everyone chosen by random to be either the ones getting machete'd or the ones doing the machete'ing, with only a tiny number of people immune from the madness including the protagonist who along with other immune people and her pet beta cuck go to the north pole to try and find santa claus to unfuck humanity while Jace hunts them down in the race war van since he has become convinced that only by exterminating all anomalies will humanity unfuck itself
:jacefedora:

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In a world where your job is decided at birth, a young girl fights against the system when she finds she is assigned to janitorial work on her 16th birthday. After running from her fate she finds herself torn between the handsome leader of a group of fellow 'Fleers' and the mysterious and dark rookie officer determined to prove himself to the Department of Work and Pensions by bringing her back into society.

Tempest

Voci Dal Nulla
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
6 years ago aliens have taken over earth, each year they make earth teens fight in gladitorial games for their amusement. A young girl named Cam must fight to survive the games. At the halfway point of the book the characters will drop everything and have a 20 page discussion on Kirkegaard that will have nothing to do with the rest of the story, and won't be explained at all.

iRON-mAn

kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna put 30 words into a hat, and pull one out for each chapter and that word will be the theme for that chapter, until I've used up all my words and whatever the last word is, that's the big villain reveal/end battle. I think that's how YA works, right?

• Feels
Reactions: Libtard Baby

Night Owl

How long have I waited...
kiwifarms.net
My one actual genuine YA idea was about a devastated planet with a single functional building where children live in high school cliques and they disappear god knows where once they turn 16. They are not allowed to go outside and anyone who does never returns, but one day the best friend of Addie disappears as well and this prompts her to leave and search for her friend. She also ends up accidentally dragging a fat bully and a 7 year old crybaby with her. Once outside, they can never go back inside the building and their only option is to flee a dark ruined city inhabited by eldritch shadows whose only purpose is to feed on people and horribly so.

If I wasn't too lazy to write it, it would also involve graphic deaths, pretentious religious symbolism, fallen angels and God nuking planets with his spaceship.

Libtard Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My one actual genuine YA idea was about a devastated planet with a single functional building where children live in high school cliques and they disappear god knows where once they turn 16. They are not allowed to go outside and anyone who does never returns, but one day the best friend of Addie disappears as well and this prompts her to leave and search for her friend. She also ends up accidentally dragging a fat bully and a 7 year old crybaby with her. Once outside, they can never go back inside the building and their only option is to flee a dark ruined city inhabited by eldritch shadows whose only purpose is to feed on people and horribly so.

If I wasn't too lazy to write it, it would also involve graphic deaths, pretentious religious symbolism, fallen angels and God nuking planets with his spaceship.
Sounds awful.

Dr W

The tragedy is not to die, but to be wasted.
kiwifarms.net
Mary Sue Protagonist was always an ordinary girl, everyone loved her, she got straight As at Dystopia High, and she wasn't that popular. But everything changed when she joined the Big Event and became a Big Hero, to lead the Resistance against the rebellion. As she stands up to make her dramatic speech, a tungsten slug coated in teflon moving at twice the speed of sound entered her forehead and left, turning her entire skull into wet paste. Howard Mann, Keeper of Peace, and government sniper, then inhaled again and lined up his next target....

I dunno I'm thinking an avant-garde thing where we follow an assassin who shoots stereotypical YA dystopia protagonists for a living, because the Dystopia pays him well.

Monolith

doot Doot Doot Doot DOOT Doot doot doo-Doot
kiwifarms.net
Jesusette is a normal girl in the Ruman Empire. Her father went missing when she was a baby, so she was raised by her mother and stepfather. At age 30, she finds out she's actually the Scion of Yehwah, a god that the Ruman Empire holds a grudge against. She's forced to flee from the authorities, all the while trying to convince the populace that Yehwah isn't such a bad god. The first book ends when the authorities find and crucify her, and the second through fourth books are repeats of the first from different people's perspectives. The fifth and final book starts with her dramatic resurrection, and ends with her converting the Ruman Emperor to Yehwahanity and ushering in a new age of peace ha ha ha not really.

Cedric_Eff

No secret, it's the meat. Don't skimp on the meat.
kiwifarms.net
Two factions, Federation of Zvezda and the Coalition of Planets. Both factions at war for centuries, fighting themselves to the absolute limit. Both having capabilities to destroy planets.

At one point in time, both of these factions were united under the League of Planets. Eventually both squabbled over what was left of the League and a centuries long war began thanks to it.

• Feels
Reactions: Libtard Baby

iRON-mAn

kiwifarms.net

The start sounds like Lamplight from Fallout 3. End could maybe work if they travelled to the Dunwich Building.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino