Off-Topic ITT We Argue About the Ethics of Dropping Dox - Some people in Beauty Parlour don't approve of the practice.

Valiant

Salty Space Bitch
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay I think I know why these idiots do this. One is that they believe people care about their personal blogs (hint: we don't) and that there isn't enough information for kiwis to dox them (hint: we do.)

So they create a username based on their blogs and try to shill them as much as they can. Even that big box is kind of a challenge for them, because their heads are so up their asses they can't see why anyone would want to dox them and hey if they do, more attention to them!

Dog Prom 3D

I had to get away from those anuses for a while.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dox culture leaves me a little queasy because in the hands of morons it wrecks innocent people's shit. Most of the doxers out there are fucking idiots and those poor bastards who just happened to own Dodge Chargers is a good example of bad doxing. Reddit doxed two different men, completely unrelated and uninvolved, as the Charlottesville driver until the police released the actual name.

Let us all remember with nausea Reddit's role in destroying a family whose son was missing because he had killed himself, and two random Arab men holding backpacks because no stone went unfucked in their attempts to find the Boston Bomber. Tumblr as steaming pile of collective shit doxed a little girl who didn't draw a cartoon character fat enough and drove her to attempt suicide. Adria Richards got a family man fired when she photo-doxed him for daring to use the word "dongle" in a conversation she was not party to.

All the doxers above felt they did adequate research, felt they were on the side of what is right and good, and felt their doxing was righteous. A significant number of doxers are too dumb to know how dumb they are. For every Dynastia there are 20 danger hairs who think it's a good thing to dox a teenage boy for calling a fat woman fat.

So my issue with doxing has nothing to do with KF, though I was a little put off when a farmer contacted Eden Belmont's place of work and got him fired, but even that I reconciled because the dumb fuck had pics all over the Internet of himself being an utter disgrace at the workplace. He was gonna get fired one way or another. Doxing is kind of like gun ownership. In responsible hands guns are not a problem - the problem is when idiots have guns.

cuddle striker

please wait what is your genotype
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
if it's posted online through public records or by that person, publicly... how is it wrong? it's just gathering what can be found elsewhere

beyond that I have my qualms but I'm not opposed to it, that's what this place does. drag the beauty parlour cows into daylight, along with the rest.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaker Cake

lariumdreams

kiwifarms.net
Haha, this is impressive. Edited to say lesson learned. I had that coming though and I'll shut my mouth now, sorry guys.
Goddamn, apparently you were defending Amberlyn because you had too much in common with her. Your reddit history is a fucking trainwreck. Go back through your reddit history and delete what you can at any rate, you disclose way too much about yourself.

For anybody that is currently under 30 and using these boards, take advice from the 30s+ whose internet use was guided by this kind of advice: everyone on the internet is an insane cannibal demon clown who wants to find where you live and make you suffer. Even me, who is giving you this advice. So hide everything about yourself.

Token_Texan

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Goddamn, apparently you were defending Amberlyn because you had too much in common with her. Your reddit history is a fucking trainwreck. Go back through your reddit history and delete what you can at any rate, you disclose way too much about yourself.

For anybody that is currently under 30 and using these boards, take advice from the 30s+ whose internet use was guided by this kind of advice: everyone on the internet is an insane cannibal demon clown who wants to find where you live and make you suffer. Even me, who is giving you this advice. So hide everything about yourself.
On it. Bit too late, now... I'm working on it none the less. I wasn't necessarily defending her after I made the first comment about doxxing I just got up on a soap box and wouldn't back down then I got my ass handed to me. Serves me right I guess.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino