ITT we try to make pizza for the first time from scratch - Post your results

bearycool

The Movie Night Queen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

A photo I took of my first attempt at making pizza.

And now it's your turn.

Using the resources you have, I want to see the pizzas you all make. You can get as creative as you want. For example:

And you can document how you did the entire process if you want. However you want to approach this thread, it's all about pizza and you make it.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

BOO.
kiwifarms.net
I'm making a mushroom, onion and garlic omelette.

It's like a pizza. But with eggs. And then I fold it over and it's a calzone. But with eggs.

EDIT: I should actually get some more flour and other stuff and make an honest-to-god pizza. It's not difficult.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: bearycool

Robert James

Not your average John Smith
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hand made pizza used to be one of my staple pre diet, once you have a good bread/sauce recipe it's really easy to make. My Favorite was a spinach, alfredo, proscuito, and fresh mozzarella pie. Don't really take pictures of my food but they always looked alright, never advertisement quality but they were good.

• Feels
Reactions: bearycool

Austrian Conscript 1915

9/11=DEATH TO AMERICA DEATH TO Australia
kiwifarms.net
Pizza's decree has once more inflicted upon us the most profound grief. Scarcely has the grave closed over the mortal remains of my pizza of immortal memory, and now his excellence, my deeply loved pizza, has also been called from this world to enter his everlasting peace. The heroic cooking, based on Christian resignation, with which, notwithstanding pizza's sufferings, pizza faithfully performed pizza's duties. encouraged us to entertain the hope that pizza's life would for some time be spared to the home. But Pizza ordained otherwise. The pizza sufferer, whose pepperoni beat true for all that was pizza and pizzeria, was only privileged for a few months to display on kitchen counter those high qualities of meat and dairy which earned for pizza the love of pizza's people. The high virtues that adorned him, the many victories he once gained in the oven, will be greatfully remembered as long as pizza hearts beat, and immortal fame will shed a lustre on pizza's chivalrous figure in the history of the kitchen.

bearycool

The Movie Night Queen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just got today's dough out of the fridge. I don't post pictures on the internet though.
The secret to a good crust is to let the dough rise in the fridge and then properly stretch it. (Their other pizza videos are nice, too.)
That's what I do. I actually try to let my pizza set for a couple of days in the fridge and to get the flavor that reminds me of "sour dough bread" before I stretch it out.

My favorite thing is just watching the dough rise in its container over a couple of days.

Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pizza dough is like any bread. Finicky as all hell. The trick though is to understand WHAT it is and WHY it is. All bread doughs have a soul and the soul of pizza dough is that of an ice princess. Sweet, but cold until warmed up.

For any recipe you can use all Purpose Flour, but best results come from speciality flours. Bread Flour for thick crust or Cake Flour for thin crust. After deciding what type of crust you want, you can follow all the recipes but for one key difference. You must bless the dough with the heart of fire and then cast it into the cold.

What I mean in practical terms is you mix yeast, water and SUGAR and slowly warm it. Let the yeast activate and then add the warm sugary yeast to your dough mix. Then add flour until it stops sticking and forms a solid dough ball. A hard one. Put it in the fridge covered for 12 hours to rise. Make sure you say a prayer and anoint your dough with a small coating of holy water before leaving it in the cold and dark. It should come out without any extra flour being needed. Stretch it out and add toppings as desired.

I personally use maple syrup to activate my yeast. It does the job well and imparts a subtle flavor that is great.

Lumin

I watch you type
kiwifarms.net
Pizza dough is like any bread. Finicky as all hell. The trick though is to understand WHAT it is and WHY it is. All bread doughs have a soul and the soul of pizza dough is that of an ice princess. Sweet, but cold until warmed up.

For any recipe you can use all Purpose Flour, but best results come from speciality flours. Bread Flour for thick crust or Cake Flour for thin crust. After deciding what type of crust you want, you can follow all the recipes but for one key difference. You must bless the dough with the heart of fire and then cast it into the cold.

What I mean in practical terms is you mix yeast, water and SUGAR and slowly warm it. Let the yeast activate and then add the warm sugary yeast to your dough mix. Then add flour until it stops sticking and forms a solid dough ball. A hard one. Put it in the fridge covered for 12 hours to rise. Make sure you say a prayer and anoint your dough with a small coating of holy water before leaving it in the cold and dark. It should come out without any extra flour being needed. Stretch it out and add toppings as desired.

I personally use maple syrup to activate my yeast. It does the job well and imparts a subtle flavor that is great.
The maple syrup tip is a new one for me. I've tried the others, including the holy water, but I'll have to try using maple syrup sometime instead of sugar.

Maybe this is crossing the line for some, but is there anyone else who prefers their pizza dough to not be sour? I enjoy it either way, but I personally like it best when it isn't.

Benjamin Franklin wanted maple syrup to be the official sweetener of the United States to keep us self-sufficient, and warned us about importing sugar cane. It was actually very American symbolically up until the 60's or 70's. That and lumberjacks were both sort of shared between Canada and America as part of the national identity.

/Autism

The Real SVP

kiwifarms.net
I am fine with a less aromatic crust. The one thing I can't stand is a sweet crust. The sugar is meant for the yeast, not for me.
Edit: And for heat transfer and browning. Sugar is good for that too.

Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

Xarpho

Eating lettuce due to kitty kibble shortages
kiwifarms.net
The last time I made pizza, I fucked it up and left a mess of half-baked ingredients and dough in my roommate's oven. I need to try it to again, but ultra-hot ovens always make me nervous.

Tags
None