I've thought of a way to disable remote access by Intel ME and AMD PSP.

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

TurdFondler

BBQ Wars Casualty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought about this a while and my thoughts are that trying to block the backdoor tech is meaningless.

Instead a better bet would be to set up a fake, automated user to interact with stuff online and generate a useless data profile for you.

Yun

kiwifarms.net
I figured out the way.

I can flash libreboot/coreboot on an old thinkpad and use it as a router which gives internet access only through its internal VPN.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Brain open for rental(rent free)
kiwifarms.net
I figured out the way.

I can flash libreboot/coreboot on an old thinkpad and use it as a router which gives internet access only through its internal VPN.
This is the founder and lead developer of libreboot.
UjSLKwUy_400x400.jpg
Do you trust "her" to not lie to you?

Yun

kiwifarms.net
Transgender people tend to be participants in the global ruling structure, but the fact that someone is a transgender doesn't necessarily mean he or she is dishonest.
Also, libreboot doesn't contain binary blobs. I trust open source more than proprietary blobs.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Brain open for rental(rent free)
kiwifarms.net
@Smaug's Smokey Hole If you have better alternatives to libreboot and coreboot, you are welcome. They are better than manufacturer proprietary blobs.
Here's an alternative for you:
terryc.jpg
Learn how to do it yourself, that way you know with 100% certainty what the software is doing. Write your own compiler like a white man.

Don't even trust yourself though, they have things in the water that will turn against the real you so one day you might feel more happy and ok with things, that's a lie so examine your armpits daily.

Yun

kiwifarms.net
Learn how to do it yourself, that way you know with 100% certainty what the software is doing. Write your own compiler like a white man.
At this point, I think you are a controlled opposition. A mere mortal human cannot do everything. There is division of labor because each human is a finite being.
I can't write linux kernel. Even linus torvalds can't possibly write every line of code in linux kernel.

By raising the bar significantly, you are only making sure that 99.9999% of people fail to actually get un-compromised computers.

Last edited:

Yun

kiwifarms.net
Installing coreboot or libreboot on old thinkpads in which people proved they can disable Intel ME is the best you can get realistically.

I emphasize balanced defence again. By spending all of your life on defending yourself from hardware backdoors, you forget to make actual progress.

Installing coreboot or libreboot on old computers is a good balanced way to get an un-compromised computer. People haven't found better alternatives, yet.

System76 and purism claim that they have disabled large portions of Intel ME in computers they sell, but they don't know what the remaining portions do.

updoot farmer

kiwifarms.net
Installing coreboot or libreboot on old thinkpads in which people proved they can disable Intel ME is the best you can get realistically.
laughs in PowerPC and older CPUs.
Post-2011 hardware is a meme anyway. Post 2007 Internet - doubly so. Reject modernity, embrace the gopher:70.
Anything that requires multiple nested VMs to run should not be run outside of an untrusted sandbox, and that includes all modern javascript.