J.K. Rowling needs to stop messing with Harry Potter - A general STFU J.K. Rowling MegaThread <3

Doctor Placebo

Western education is sin.
kiwifarms.net
They believe that the definition of gender and sex can be defined by what people feel about and that's enough.
What's weird about this is that it sort of requires a baseline understanding of what sex, genitals, and sex hormones actually are to work.

You have to know what male and female originally meant, then reject it and declare that a man can be a woman if he dresses like one, but also he can be a woman even if he doesn't dress like one, because clothes and stereotypes about femininity don't equal gender, but sex hormones don't equal gender either.

How the hell is this explained to the next generation of kids in sex ed who have no base knowledge of it because their parents were already indoctrinated? "Gender is just like this thing, you know? It's based on how you feel. And there are male and female penises and male and female vaginas."

We make fun of Tumblr users for saying their glitter gender or that their pronouns are universe/univerself, but if they were raised like this it's no surprising they think that way. Gender is literally meaningless, anyone can have any set of genitals and call themselves anything. So why not make up knew ones? Why not change gender multiple times a day? It's just a mood, and there are way more than two moods.

Lemmingwise

✊Black in solidarity with black lives matter✊
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What? No. It’s not copy pasta, son. I wrote it myself. I was discussing how shocking and odd it is J.k Rolwing would do this. However I did post that exact same post on the shroomery in a different thread there tho but it was simply too relevant so I decided the post needed to be on both forums, so more men could read
"It's not a copypasta, I just copy and pasted it from where I posted it in another thread" 🧐

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Funny, I know a lot of RW/Conservative people who didn't mind GRRM supported Hillary. And those who did, never thought about stop reading the books. It's like, you can separate a person from their work. These people can't*, that's why they try to get you fired for the wrong opinions.

I hope this hasn't been posted a ton of times before - but people are now getting their beloved Harry Potter Tattoos removed because of JK's transphobic comments. Wonderful.
"I got Death Eater symbol because I was an edgy, emotional teen," he said. In the series, the Death Eaters are the bad guys, obsessed with blood purity, so Caldwell was already rethinking the tattoo. But given Rowling's more recent comments, he now wants it covered up.​

First, he "WAS" edgy and emotional, lmao. Sure, "was".

Second, he got the equivalent of a nazi symbol, he's in no place to judge others.

*ETA: Yes, they say so in the buzzfeed article:

Ostertag told BuzzFeed News she had been a really big fan of Harry Potter for a long time, and it had even inspired her own work. But now, she can't separate the author from the work.​
"She went on this screed a couple of days ago and it both upset me because we’re in the midst of an exciting and important time in racial justice," she said.​

WTF racial justice has to do with this?

Pitere pit

Has man gone insane?
kiwifarms.net
I never got into Harry Potter, except playing some videogames and watching the first movies. But this annoying trooners are making me into buying her books just to spit them in their faces ( at least reading them from borrowed books at the library ) Maybe the story is shitty but it comes from an author that stands rightly on her principles, and I appreciate that, you don't see that much in this cursed era.
From what they say, you could think that JK wrote that she would make Omar Mateen look like Harvey Milk to troons, but is the opposite. She wrote reasonable tweets and an essay on her webpage explaining why sex is real and the opposite of it is a danger to women and girls. However, they don't even dare to read her words, they just respond with shitty memes and lol didn't read it. No wonder more and more people are becoming transphobes, if their side can't defend themselves with reason and not mantras like TWAW or Terf, then they are going to look what the other side offer and change their minds on this matter. They don't offer a reason for why following this cult, at least freemasonry have benefits for joining them, but wokism? You can be cancelled because you told someone is a retard and a tranny in 2010, and if you bent the knee is not enough, so why join them? It's better to be a transphobe, at least you defend reality.

Kurosaki Ichigo

an approaching murder
kiwifarms.net
I never got into Harry Potter, except playing some videogames and watching the first movies. But this annoying trooners are making me into buying her books just to spit them in their faces ( at least reading them from borrowed books at the library ) Maybe the story is shitty but it comes from an author that stands rightly on her principles, and I appreciate that, you don't see that much in this cursed era.
From what they say, you could think that JK wrote that she would make Omar Mateen look like Harvey Milk to troons, but is the opposite. She wrote reasonable tweets and an essay on her webpage explaining why sex is real and the opposite of it is a danger to women and girls. However, they don't even dare to read her words, they just respond with shitty memes and lol didn't read it. No wonder more and more people are becoming transphobes, if their side can't defend themselves with reason and not mantras like TWAW or Terf, then they are going to look what the other side offer and change their minds on this matter. They don't offer a reason for why following this cult, at least freemasonry have benefits for joining them, but wokism? You can be cancelled because you told someone is a retard and a tranny in 2010, and if you bent the knee is not enough, so why join them? It's better to be a transphobe, at least you defend reality.
Rowling explicitly states that she doesn’t hate transpeople or deny their existence, she’s just reasonably voicing her opinion on the Buffalo Bills out there forcing lesbians to accept their dicks.

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
kiwifarms.net
What's crazy is, she never actually advocated against HASHTAG TRANS RIGHTS. She said they should be free to live how they want, but that biological sex also exists. It was cuck shit, a distinction without a practical difference. I don't think she's BASED, or anything but a shitlib feminist who was slightly behind on shitlibbery on one topic.

Example #42069 of trannies inventing a world I'd like to live in through their oppression fantasies. I think it would be really cool if a major pop cultural figure influential to children everywhere openly wanted to annihilate trannies.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
What Rowling said was "trans also obey biological laws like everybody else", which is absolute heresy for trans, not the part of the biology as much as the " like everybody else".

Example #42069 of trannies inventing a world I'd like to live in through their oppression fantasies.
Yes, the reason they like HP is because they think the Wizarding World is way better than us and probably expect wizards will help them with potions and magic to become their preferred sex.

Except wizards are portrayed as highly xenophobic. They don't like muggles, they think we are inferior, even if they don't want us dead. If they ever meet an SJW, they would think they're insane and would walk away. And, in no way they would help them with magic.

HonestJohn2376

kiwifarms.net
Funny, I know a lot of RW/Conservative people who didn't mind GRRM supported Hillary. And those who did, never thought about stop reading the books. It's like, you can separate a person from their work. These people can't*, that's why they try to get you fired for the wrong opinions.

*ETA: Yes, they say so in the buzzfeed article:

Ostertag told BuzzFeed News she had been a really big fan of Harry Potter for a long time, and it had even inspired her own work. But now, she can't separate the author from the work.​
"She went on this screed a couple of days ago and it both upset me because we’re in the midst of an exciting and important time in racial justice," she said.​

WTF racial justice has to do with this?
I can't imagine how these idiots manage to read any literature older than the 90s considering they have the retarded black-and-white thinking of a child.

What Rowling said was "trans also obey biological laws like everybody else", which is absolute heresy for trans, not the part of the biology as much as the " like everybody else".

Yes, the reason they like HP is because they think the Wizarding World is way better than us and probably expect wizards will help them with potions and magic to become their preferred sex.

Except wizards are portrayed as highly xenophobic. They don't like muggles, they think we are inferior, even if they don't want us dead. If they ever meet an SJW, they would think they're insane and would walk away. And, in no way they would help them with magic.
The wizarding world sucks on so many levels. Wizards never progressed past Medieval thinking or went into an Enlightenment phase. Their mortality rate is high. They openly practice slavery. Their racism would make even bigoted Muggles blush. They have failed to make much scientific or political breakthroughs because they're stuck in irrelevant secrecy for most of the world's population.

Harry Potter himself was a status quo liberal while Voldemort was trying to shake up the system (albeit for worse). One of Harry's ancestors even supported cucking wizards into living in secrecy.

How do I know all this dumb shit? I actually read the damn books.

Last edited by a moderator:

Based_Papa_John

Welcome to the Future you chose.
kiwifarms.net

That's part of the reason why I think HP is so appealing to a certain group of Millennials. It appeals to a deep-seated narcissism that many Millennials have, and the HP books present a world where these snowflakes special people have access to the powers that they obviously deserve to have. The Xenophobia comes right with the territory. See, SJW's think that they are special because they are obviously more "woke" than you are, and should thus be put in charge on the basis of their birth (race, "gender," etc.).

In my personal experience in the American South, Harry Potter seems to appeal to a certain type of girl who has a difficult time fitting in, but who then translates that into a smug sense of superiority over her rube peers. They think they are Hermoines in a land of trailer-trash Muggles. Case in point, one of my FB "friends" whom I met at a conference is an insufferable SJW, and has been on a quest to get back at her culture that apparently didn't appreciate her and kept her down as a woman. She's the textbook definition of an FB activist, sharing and posting every BLM and Sanders thing she runs across her feed. She did have a rare "original" post, as shown here. I guarantee you, it is 100% unironic.
kiwi_007.PNG

Then I guess I would be angry too if my God around whom I built most of my worldview betrayed me like that too.

Last edited:

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Harry Potter himself was a status quo liberal while Voldemort was trying to shake up the system (albeit for worse). One of Harry's ancestors even supported cucking wizards into living in secrecy.
That's part of the reason why I think HP is so appealing to a certain group of Millennials. It appeals to a deep-seated narcissism that many Millennials have, and the HP books present a world where these snowflakes special people have access to the powers that they obviously deserve to have. The Xenophobia comes right with the territory. See, SJW's think that they are special because they are obviously more "woke" than you are, and should thus be put in charge on the basis of their birth (race, "gender," etc.).
That's loosely the plot of the recent movies (which are beautifully made, but the plot is nonexistent). Remember these people have the power to show up next to Hitler and murder him, yet they chose to stay behind closed doors. They only acted when Grindelwald was trying to use the war to prove Muggles need to be ruled over. So, even though Grindelwald's intentions were bad, he used his magic to show wizards that a devastating war was coming (which convinced many) and the Ministry of Magic was like "no, fuck them, let them die."

Keep in mind Rowling has confirmed that Jewish wizards exist. And it's even funnier in context when Newt was acting very smug about how British wizards are more open minded than Americans in the first movie.

Also, it proves Jordan Peterson's point he made in a talk about how nazis weren't people who one day woke up evil, they were normal people who thought they were doing good, which is the case of Queenie. I think she did care about muggles dying and killing each other and actually believed Grindelwald would stop that and, of course, in this new world, she'd be free to marry the guy she wanted. Which is not different from how people joined ANTIFA and are now smashing statues and beating old ladies because "people have the right to marry each other, bigot!".

As liberal and progressive as Rowling can be, she has some moments when she makes good points about human nature. Queenie's plot is just a more kid-approached version of "some nazis were fooled into this mess". Considering we aren't seen any "JKR was a nazi-apologist all along" takes, I guess their followers haven't understood this part.

Fandom Trash

Cutest Dumpster cat around
kiwifarms.net
It really hilarious how many are going to try to pretend that the books were written out of thin air or -lord almightly- by Hatsume Miku.

Its the equivalent of scribbling in your own little notes inside a textbook: no matter what you do, the fact is that J.K will always be the one who wrote the book and will be rightfully remembered as such for a very long time.

I do notice that many fans who like Harry Potter might be mixing fanon with canon. There are certainly many fanfiction that put the books to shame but they are not canon, no matter how much fans want to believe or wish for.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do notice that many fans who like Harry Potter might be mixing fanon with canon. There are certainly many fanfiction that put the books to shame but they are not canon, no matter how much fans want to believe or wish for.
Headcanons I think have taken over the HP fandom for sure, I don't think even the wikis can keep them out of the entries. It's happened long and often enough that "Draco in Leather Pants" and "Ron the Death Eater" became fandom terms for a reason. They could've added more since then (Snape I don't think has anything named after him despite how much the fangirls have warped his character over the years), but I think out of every property Millennials have latched on to, Harry Potter is the biggest, densest pit of fan theories, headcanons, and fandom wars out there that multiple worlds exist down there at once. It's almost its own living entity at this point that it could become an honorary/adopted Lovecraftian deity.

Fandom Trash

Cutest Dumpster cat around
kiwifarms.net
Yep. Its why there are fans who absolutely hate Ron and his family, or think Draco is a misunderstood boy who didn't really mean any of the muggleshit he said despite there are concrete evidences of him being particularly nasty to Hermione for just being a muggle.

I get it, Harry Potter does seem fascinating on paper; a place where you can be someone different and do amazing, magical things. But in reality, it actually sucks. If you ignore all the hidden nasty stuff that lurks just beneath the surface.

But tell that to the average Harry Potter fan won't get you much of anything. Many would, honestly, delude themselves into thinking its the perfect place to be.

HonestJohn2376

kiwifarms.net
That's loosely the plot of the recent movies (which are beautifully made, but the plot is nonexistent). Remember these people have the power to show up next to Hitler and murder him, yet they chose to stay behind closed doors. They only acted when Grindelwald was trying to use the war to prove Muggles need to be ruled over. So, even though Grindelwald's intentions were bad, he used his magic to show wizards that a devastating war was coming (which convinced many) and the Ministry of Magic was like "no, fuck them, let them die."

Keep in mind Rowling has confirmed that Jewish wizards exist. And it's even funnier in context when Newt was acting very smug about how British wizards are more open minded than Americans in the first movie.
Are you saying the Fantastic Beasts series is a deconstruction of everything Harry Potter stood for? Damn, I want to watch the movies again.

Also, it proves Jordan Peterson's point he made in a talk about how nazis weren't people who one day woke up evil, they were normal people who thought they were doing good, which is the case of Queenie. I think she did care about muggles dying and killing each other and actually believed Grindelwald would stop that and, of course, in this new world, she'd be free to marry the guy she wanted. Which is not different from how people joined ANTIFA and are now smashing statues and beating old ladies because "people have the right to marry each other, bigot!".

As liberal and progressive as Rowling can be, she has some moments when she makes good points about human nature. Queenie's plot is just a more kid-approached version of "some nazis were fooled into this mess". Considering we aren't seen any "JKR was a nazi-apologist all along" takes, I guess their followers haven't understood this part.
Most historians (who tend to be left-leaning IIRC) agree with Peterson about Germans becoming Nazis over decades of war, humiliation, and financial ruin. Anyone can become a depraved lunatic capable of any evil if the right conditions are met.

Too bad Rowling didn't go that deep with the Deatheaters in the Harry Potter books. Dumbledore told Harry, in essence, the people who joined Voldemort were already evil in some way to begin with. Voldemort never had a villain arc because he was always a psychopath, which I found boring. Even Hitler had a villain arc before he became Chancellor.

Cr1ms0n_&_C10v3r

"A man of many colours despite being only black."
kiwifarms.net
I think it's established by now that JK did not fully consider the ramifications of having a secret wizarding world exist alongside/within the regular human world. In her defense, I think that she had most of her ideas fleshed out by the writing of the first book. It was and is targeted towards children despite the large number of adults still fervently stanning the franchise, and I do not think she thought that writing a fully convincing lore (taking into consideration things like WW2 included) was a priority. Additionally I doubt she foresaw the success her books would be.

That being said, worldbuilding is no less important just because you are writing for children, and I think she knows that. It has been established the whole HP verse takes place in our world, and I think the retconning is a desire to make the whole thing more interesting and "gritty" for a maturing audience, as well as make it seem more important than it really was meant to be pre-success.

In summary, lower your standards, it's a story about wizards for kids. The HP verse wasn't supposed to be the gritty, dark, all-encompassing thing it is today, beyond Voldemort and the death eaters. It's a combination of extreme unforeseen popularity and an overly enthusiastic author, I think.

Last edited:

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
To me, the first hints of how crazy the fandom was happened when they tried to correct Rowling about pairing Hermione and Ron. They were hysterical and claimed she didn't understood her own characters. iICR, they also threatened the webmistress of a HP fan site for some nonsense reason. Was HP the first militant "fandom" online? I think it was.

If J.K. Rowling wanted more diversity in her books than she should've just done it instead of being a pussy. If she wanted Dumbledore to be gay for Grindelwald than she should've done so in the books. She wouldn't have had to make it obvious either. In the ASOIAF book series, you could figure out that Loras and Renly loved each other despite the fact that it wasn't blatant. If she wanted Hermione to be black than she should've made Hermione black. Rowling could have also had Harry end up with Cho Chang instead of having Harry marry Ginny. Asian people aren't represented a lot in Western media, and interracial couples aren't that common either.

Tags
None