J.K. Rowling needs to stop messing with Harry Potter - A general STFU J.K. Rowling MegaThread <3

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Meat and potatoes here, guys. Just...how bad is the HP cult? Let's be real here. How much was Rowling responsible for the political awakening of young and budding millennials? How many did she inspire to believe that they were "speshul" and destined for greatness? How many did she convince to take their daddy's pocket knives to carve a lightning shaped tramp stamp above their butt cheeks?

Just how much is this woman responsible for genuinely corrupting the slurry minds of the youth?

Whether her career goes up in smoke in the long run, I think she wouldn't even mind. I think a part of her is even exhausted with Harry Potter.
I'm sure HP is responsible for the radicalization of the Potter generation, especially the part where they are too tribal and the messianic complex. It's not Rowling's fault that these people built a full religion around it witout any supervision though.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even as a kid something didn't feel right about Harry getting everything he wanted. I think the most egregious example of that was Gryffindor winning the House Cup in his first year.
Imagine seeing the cup get ripped from you after the party started because an old man set up tests that were likely designed to see how a kid who made your parents' lives hell would handle them.

Miel67

PFurrie and MAP hater
kiwifarms.net
Can't I just continue my life ignoring her Grindenwald/Dumbledore fap fics and shitty edits of Heroine and block her twitter?
If she turns Neville into a soy boy....uh, can I put my old Harry Potter watch down the toilet idk lol.

Cr1ms0n_&_C10v3r

"A man of many colours despite being only black."
kiwifarms.net
Can't I just continue my life ignoring her Grindenwald/Dumbledore fap fics and shitty edits of Heroine and block her twitter?
If she turns Neville into a soy boy....uh, can I put my old Harry Potter watch down the toilet idk lol.
Sure, you just accidentally stumbled across Dumbledore X Grindelwald fap fics.

Fandom Trash

Cutest Dumpster cat around
kiwifarms.net
Don't mention Snape's name amongst Harry Potter fans least you trigger a rant about how he really was an incel and couldn't handle Lily's rejection.

All of these fans who denounce the books and J.K are going to the first ones to line up whenever a new ride debuts in the Wizarding World or when the FBAWTF comes out with another movie.

Maybe J.K should do like Stephen Meyer did and rewrite the first book but someone's else perspective-- maybe Hermione or Snape?

That would make all the fans instantly forget about her "problematic" thinking and worship her again.

Cr1ms0n_&_C10v3r

"A man of many colours despite being only black."
kiwifarms.net
Don't mention Snape's name amongst Harry Potter fans least you trigger a rant about how he really was an incel and couldn't handle Lily's rejection.

All of these fans who denounce the books and J.K are going to the first ones to line up whenever a new ride debuts in the Wizarding World or when the FBAWTF comes out with another movie.

Maybe J.K should do like Stephen Meyer did and rewrite the first book but someone's else perspective-- maybe Hermione or Snape?

That would make all the fans instantly forget about her "problematic" thinking and worship her again.
People just need to move on. I see it as a take it or leave it situation, just enjoy the books and films or consoom something else. No one's life should revolve around this stuff anyway to the extent it emotionally affects you that the creator of said stuff holds a different opinion.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Another curious thing that we can blame HP for is how most of the current TDS people seem, I think, to have taken a lot from the childishness of the characters (who are indeed children).

When Dolores (the baddy from book 5) was in the school, they "rebelled" her by setting up the Dumbledore Army, but also, they were using pranks against her, Overall, the characters, being wizards, and because two of the big characters are big pranksters, do a lot of these shit, but these shit is very cringy and childish. Some (google) examples:

-Fred and George “forgot” that they’d hexed the custard creams and made them into their signature Canary Creams
-Putting a niffler in Umbridge's office
-Fred and George Weasley turned a fifth-floor corridor at Hogwarts into a swamp.
-Peeves blocked entrance to the Gryffindor Tower, telling students that they could only pass if they set fire to their pants
-Peevers simply tossing things at people being him the top-notch "prankster" of the books.

None of these shit is very elaborated. It's just hexes and potions that, don't know, make you cough. I guess Rowling isn't much of a prankster herself, so sure, I give her a pass that most of these "elaborate" jokes are a tamed child-oriented version of toilet humor. Fine.

But it's been quite adopted by her readers as though is the epitome of humor. That's why; I think, their "orange man" jokes are clever and sophisticated and they're convinced they're doing an actual harm to others.

People just need to move on. I see it as a take it or leave it situation, just enjoy the books and films or consoom something else. No one's life should revolve around this stuff anyway to the extent it emotionally affects you that the creator of said stuff holds a different opinion.
It's too late for that. Her readers have grown with Harry Potter in the same way a religious kid has grown respecting the bible as a sacred text. They bbase their existence and purpose.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Katherine Applegate of all people, is essentially the complete opposite of Jo.

View attachment 1406220
She has a trans daughter and supports causes. The fucking Animorphs lady. I kind of want to revisit those books lmao
She brutally kills a bunch of crippled kids as cannon fodder near the end of it among the roller coaster of fucked up shit in that series.

Even as a kid something didn't feel right about Harry getting everything he wanted. I think the most egregious example of that was Gryffindor winning the House Cup in his first year.
To me it wasn't even Harry getting things he wanted, it was the fact that Slythern got fucked at each and every point. Is it really surprising they are pissed off dicks when the entire faculty shits on them at every point?

Lurkio

kiwifarms.net
To me it wasn't even Harry getting things he wanted, it was the fact that Slythern got fucked at each and every point. Is it really surprising they are pissed off dicks when the entire faculty shits on them at every point?
To be fair, I sort of imagined that being Dumbledore way of making it up to Gryffindor for Snape being an absolute piece of shit to them. Seriously, I think at one point Snape takes away house points from them because Neville didn't fuck up his potion like Snape wanted and didn't kill his pet toad. Seriously, despite all the movies flaws, at least they made Snape come off as not a total prick, unlike the books.

But why, though? What made this generation so fucked? I'm always amazed at how fucking insufferable these children are that they completely model their reality on these teen books.
They are the children of the Upper Middle Class Religious Right.

They hold to Harry Potter as their holy book because CNN told them their parents hated it.

Doctor Placebo

Western education is sin.
kiwifarms.net
They are the children of the Upper Middle Class Religious Right.

They hold to Harry Potter as their holy book because CNN told them their parents hated it.
I'm very skeptical of that. In my own experience growing up, it was the kids with more progressive, permissive who were much more likely to be snowflake activists than anyone else. Also, regardless of what the press may have told you, the percentage of "upper middle class religious right" parents who were hardcore fundies and burned Harry Potter books was pretty small. DnD caught far worse than Harry Potter did, and a lot of that was because "experts" were claiming it would drive kids to insanity and suicide, not because of Pastor Bob saying it was of teh devil (see: Mazes and Monsters).

Or think of it this way. Do you really think parents were getting more religious and right wing in the 90's than in previous decades? Or do you think it was probably the reverse, and more liberal, secular parents raised their kids with no moral absolutes, leading to their children forming their own moral absolutes from the pop culture they imbibed?

DnD caught far worse than Harry Potter did, and a lot of that was because "experts" were claiming it would drive kids to insanity and suicide, not because of Pastor Bob saying it was of teh devil (see: Mazes and Monsters).
DnD is also much much older than Harry Potter, and the generation that grew up with it took away a very different lesson than The Millennial did from the perceived (read, Mainstream Media Pushing Stories about it)

burned Harry Potter books was pretty small.
Burning yes, however I imagine many of these people's parents didn't exactly like them wasting their time reading "Fantasy Novels."

Do you really think parents were getting more religious and right wing in the 90's than in previous decades?
No, but do I think that SJWs think their parents are Evil Religious Bigots? Oh very much yes I do. You can tell it from the sheer level of Daddy issues all of them have.

Tags
None