J.K. Rowling needs to stop messing with Harry Potter - A general STFU J.K. Rowling MegaThread <3

Ashen One

feat. Neil Breen from the Double Down series!
kiwifarms.net
Ironically, the Little Mermaid wanted to be part of something as well, she didn't want to be her own, she wanted to join the human world and what eventually made her act was that she saw a hot guy. As soon as she won her legs permanently, she married him.

In the actual version, after she failed to get the guy, she died. She never got to meet the world or to enjoy living among humans, it was painful to walk and she couldn't talk. And that was it. After her family offered her a way to go back (killing the Prince), she declined and chose to die instead.
While the Little Mermaid did get the hots for the prince and was always interested in the human world in the original fairytale, she also wanted an immortal soul, which mermaids don't have in the story (they die and become sea foam after 300 years). One of the ways to attain a soul is to get a human to fall in love with her, so she goes for the prince because it would give her both his love and a soul, despite even the sea-witch saying it's a stupid decision that would bring her nothing but misery.

Despite dying, she does get a happy ending in her original story. After choosing to throw herself at the sea and let her life end instead of killing the prince, she becomes a "Daughter of the Air", a benign spirit who can ascend to heaven by doing good deeds. With that she can get something she wanted in the end (an immortal soul, not the prince's love), though by a different means.

Now the sun rose out of the sea. Its rays fell so gently and warmly on the deathly cold sea-foam and the little mermaid did not feel death, she saw the bright sun, and up above her there floated hundreds of transparent, lovely creatures; through them she could see the ship’s white sails and the sky’s red clouds, their voice was a melody, but so spiritual that no human ear could hear it, just as no earthly eye could see them – without wings they floated in their own lightness through the air.

‘Who am I coming to!’ she said, and her voice sounded like those of the other beings, so spiritual than no earthly music can reproduce it.

‘To the daughters of the air!’ the others replied. ‘A mermaid has no immortal soul, can never gain one unless she wins the love of a human being! Her eternal being depends on a foreign force. The daughters of the air do not have an eternal soul either, but by good deeds they are able to create one for themselves. We fly to the warm countries where the sultry plague-air kills people – there we fan cool air on them. We spread the scent of flowers through the air and send refreshment and cure. When we have striven to do all the good we can for three hundred years, we are granted an immortal soul and take part in the eternal happiness of humans. You, poor little mermaid, have striven to do the same with all your heart as we do, you have suffered and endured, have lifted yourself up to the realm of the spirits of the air, now through good deeds you can create for yourself an immortal soul in three hundred years’ time.’

And the little mermaid lifted her clear arms towards God’s sun, and for the first time she felt tears. On board the ship there was noise and life once more, she saw the prince with his lovely bride searching for her, sadly they stared at the bubbling foam, as if they knew she had thrown herself into the waves. Unseen, she kissed the bride’s forehead, smiled at him and rose with the other children of the air up onto the rosy cloud that sailed through the sky.

‘In three hundred years’ time we will sail thus into the kingdom of God!’

‘We can also enter in earlier than that!’
one of them whispered.

‘We can float unseen into the homes of humans who have children, and each time we find a good child that gladdens its parents and earns their love, God shortens our time of probation. The child is unaware of us flying through the living room, and when we smile with joy at it, one year is taken away from our three hundred, but if we see a naughty and wicked child, then we have to cry tears of sorrow, and each tear adds a further day to our time of probation!’

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
I'll give her this much: She's tenacious.

View attachment 1434334
(tweet) (archive)

I doubt she was deliberately characterizing troons as "misogynists" and "envious men." Doesn't matter, they'll melt down anyway.
She isn't even anti-trans. She's anti give every kid hormone blockers and bottom surgery.

It really shows the true face of the trannies. "If you don't 100% agree with every opinion we hold, you're a bad person."

Der weiße Teufel

kiwifarms.net
She retracts everything, gets on her knees and kisses the odiously rank feet of the mob, or she doubles down and gradually chips away at the career she's built up.
She made/still makes so much money, I don't think she really worries about a career at this point. HP has been popular for so long, nobody can erase that. I enjoy watching her poke the troons and how mad it makes them, but she can just log off any day and enjoy the rest of her life like a normal person with her family (unlike most of them).
Also, she probably knows very well that retracting and apologising to the mob is useless, she already has committed too many literal violent trans murders via Twitter. They will never forgive her anyway, so why bother. Maybe in a few years when the "trans" kids grow up and find out that they ruined their bodies with hormones and surgery and that they were being lied to, people will figure out that Rowling was right.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
While the Little Mermaid did get the hots for the prince and was always interested in the human world in the original fairytale, she also wanted an immortal soul, which mermaids don't have in the story (they die and become sea foam after 300 years). One of the ways to attain a soul is to get a human to fall in love with her, so she goes for the prince because it would give her both his love and a soul, despite even the sea-witch saying it's a stupid decision that would bring her nothing but misery.

Despite dying, she does get a happy ending in her original story. After choosing to throw herself at the sea and let her life end instead of killing the prince, she becomes a "Daughter of the Air", a benign spirit who can ascend to heaven by doing good deeds. With that she can get something she wanted in the end (an immortal soul, not the prince's love), though by a different means.

Now the sun rose out of the sea. Its rays fell so gently and warmly on the deathly cold sea-foam and the little mermaid did not feel death, she saw the bright sun, and up above her there floated hundreds of transparent, lovely creatures; through them she could see the ship’s white sails and the sky’s red clouds, their voice was a melody, but so spiritual that no human ear could hear it, just as no earthly eye could see them – without wings they floated in their own lightness through the air.

‘Who am I coming to!’ she said, and her voice sounded like those of the other beings, so spiritual than no earthly music can reproduce it.

‘To the daughters of the air!’ the others replied. ‘A mermaid has no immortal soul, can never gain one unless she wins the love of a human being! Her eternal being depends on a foreign force. The daughters of the air do not have an eternal soul either, but by good deeds they are able to create one for themselves. We fly to the warm countries where the sultry plague-air kills people – there we fan cool air on them. We spread the scent of flowers through the air and send refreshment and cure. When we have striven to do all the good we can for three hundred years, we are granted an immortal soul and take part in the eternal happiness of humans. You, poor little mermaid, have striven to do the same with all your heart as we do, you have suffered and endured, have lifted yourself up to the realm of the spirits of the air, now through good deeds you can create for yourself an immortal soul in three hundred years’ time.’

And the little mermaid lifted her clear arms towards God’s sun, and for the first time she felt tears. On board the ship there was noise and life once more, she saw the prince with his lovely bride searching for her, sadly they stared at the bubbling foam, as if they knew she had thrown herself into the waves. Unseen, she kissed the bride’s forehead, smiled at him and rose with the other children of the air up onto the rosy cloud that sailed through the sky.

‘In three hundred years’ time we will sail thus into the kingdom of God!’

‘We can also enter in earlier than that!’
one of them whispered.

‘We can float unseen into the homes of humans who have children, and each time we find a good child that gladdens its parents and earns their love, God shortens our time of probation. The child is unaware of us flying through the living room, and when we smile with joy at it, one year is taken away from our three hundred, but if we see a naughty and wicked child, then we have to cry tears of sorrow, and each tear adds a further day to our time of probation!’
Ever watched Hans Christian Andersen's The Fairytaler? The episode they did on the little mermaid was more or less accurate.

tired and hopeless

kiwifarms.net
Maybe in a few years when the "trans" kids grow up and find out that they ruined their bodies with hormones and surgery and that they were being lied to, people will figure out that Rowling was right.
I would love to see her create a detransitioner charity. Not only would it do some good, but seeing the mob of former hp worshipers try to label it a hate group while the rest of society is more inline with its vision would be great. She can even tie it to the mob's favorite character and name it something like The Granger House, which Hermione created to be a space were people can be content with how they were born whether muggle or wizard, man or woman.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
I would love to see her create a detransitioner charity. Not only would it do some good, but seeing the mob of former hp worshipers try to label it a hate group while the rest of society is more inline with its vision would be great. She can even tie it to the mob's favorite character and name it something like The Granger House, which Hermione created to be a space were people can be content with how they were born whether muggle or wizard, man or woman.
Granger is our Queen!

Leonard Helplessness

kiwifarms.net
JK Rowling joined a bunch of public figures of various stripes to sign an open letter criticizing cancel culture and reaffirming that the correct response to bad speech is more speech.

A214A908-5C65-4B57-8A9F-73A4A0FFE231.jpeg
(tweet) (archive)

(article) (busted archive, can’t pull a fixed one rn)

Naturally, Woke Twitter’s response has been to try to cancel her based on some of the other signers on the letter being canceled people. She’s taken to using Salem witch trial references when talking about her antagonists’ attitudes on the matter:

1594247678503.png

(tweet) (archive)

Last edited:

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
JK Rowling joined a bunch of public figures of various stripes to sign an open letter criticizing cancel culture and reaffirming that the correct response to bad speech is more speech.

View attachment 1435676
(tweet) (archive)

(article) (busted archive, can’t pull a fixed one rn)

Naturally, Woke Twitter’s response has been to try to cancel her based on some of the other signers on the letter being canceled people. She’s taken to using Salem witch trial references when talking about her antagonists’ attitudes on the matter.
You can use inspect element and the delete key to get rid of the pop-up.

knightlautrec

Keh heh heh heh…
kiwifarms.net
I'll give her this much: She's tenacious.

View attachment 1434334
(tweet) (archive)

I doubt she was deliberately characterizing troons as "misogynists" and "envious men." Doesn't matter, they'll melt down anyway.
I can understand this. I honestly don't think I've experience much sexism, really until I was ignored and told to stay in my place when putting in a complaint at my gym over a troon in my locker room. That dude touched me once in the shower and used to feel my dresses and clothes when I was getting ready. I was treated as a nuisance by the manager. For not wanting a stupidly tall naked man in my change room to touch me.

And now we're talked over and have this guilt tactic of 'why don't you have sympathy for troons?' Like we're supposed to just roll over and let the definition of woman change or just accept that we can't choose who we get changed in front of. And this hurrdurr 'women can sexually assault too!' In bathrooms argument is such BS. I've spent 30 years using women's room and have been assaulted or had unwanted touching zero amount of times until troons. Hell my worse experiences have BOTH been troons touching me inappropriately. I have a dude friend who is deep into the TRA shit and any attempts to breach this subject of women's issues of gender self ID are met with a lotta fingers in ears 'this doesn't happen' and in that moment I felt the stark stark differences between male experience and female and he would never care or understand what it's like to feel truly vulnerable and scared of someone who has at least a foot and 100 pounds over you.

I think Rowling has hit a breaking point. You can take casual troon shit with a grain of salt occassionally but hearing TRANSWOMEN ARE WOMEN screamed constantly and evidence that being a woman is nothing more than a anime fetish for gross coomers makes you dig your heels in to be more resolved that they aren't. Hearing a grown man in his fifties whine about how he didn't have a 'girlhood' where he had sleepovers and fetishsizes prepubescent girls makes you genuinely want to vomit. I don't blame her for punching back when she has the fuck you money to do it. I feel she'll be vindicated later when all this troon shit is chucked in the bin where it belongs.

Syaoran Li

All Punks Are Bastards
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can understand this. I honestly don't think I've experience much sexism, really until I was ignored and told to stay in my place when putting in a complaint at my gym over a troon in my locker room. That dude touched me once in the shower and used to feel my dresses and clothes when I was getting ready. I was treated as a nuisance by the manager. For not wanting a stupidly tall naked man in my change room to touch me.

And now we're talked over and have this guilt tactic of 'why don't you have sympathy for troons?' Like we're supposed to just roll over and let the definition of woman change or just accept that we can't choose who we get changed in front of. And this hurrdurr 'women can sexually assault too!' In bathrooms argument is such BS. I've spent 30 years using women's room and have been assaulted or had unwanted touching zero amount of times until troons. Hell my worse experiences have BOTH been troons touching me inappropriately. I have a dude friend who is deep into the TRA shit and any attempts to breach this subject of women's issues of gender self ID are met with a lotta fingers in ears 'this doesn't happen' and in that moment I felt the stark stark differences between male experience and female and he would never care or understand what it's like to feel truly vulnerable and scared of someone who has at least a foot and 100 pounds over you.

I think Rowling has hit a breaking point. You can take casual troon shit with a grain of salt occassionally but hearing TRANSWOMEN ARE WOMEN screamed constantly and evidence that being a woman is nothing more than a anime fetish for gross coomers makes you dig your heels in to be more resolved that they aren't. Hearing a grown man in his fifties whine about how he didn't have a 'girlhood' where he had sleepovers and fetishsizes prepubescent girls makes you genuinely want to vomit. I don't blame her for punching back when she has the fuck you money to do it. I feel she'll be vindicated later when all this troon shit is chucked in the bin where it belongs.
Exactly.

Like, I'm a guy and even I'm creeped out by AGP troons, especially the ones who get extremely fanatical and angry over "misgendering" and "deadnaming" or even questioning troon ideology.

The FTM "fakeboi" troons are annoying and pretentious, but are otherwise harmless yaoi fangirls who became SJW's and decided to troon out so they wouldn't be seen as "problematic" by all their SJW friends. If anything, I feel sad for the FTM fakebois since they're the most common victims of Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria and peer pressure trooning

But the MTF troons are almost always predatory AGP sex pests or they are hyper left-wing white males who are also afraid of cancel culture and troon out to move up the ranks of the Progressive Stack and secure some self-preservation, I'd suspect that may play a part in why troons are the most overzealous and fanatical of the cancel culture Woke Leftists most of the time.

As much as I can't stand the Harry Potter books, I think J.K. Rowling is doing the right thing and is standing up to the tranny madness.

The fact that the author of Harry Potter of all people is the one who's leading the charge feels like some sort of divine and poetic justice, as autistic as that all probably sounds.

It's one of those weird things that gives me hope we may be seeing the end of the Woke Left's dominion and that 2020 is merely the darkest hour before the dawn. Dumb and autistic, I know, but I still can't help but feel it's some sort of sign.

Honestly, I'm surprised nobody's made an edit of the GG meme with JK hanging a troon and the caption reading "Why did you make me do this? I just wanted to write children's books."

Last edited:

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, we've come to a time when you have to publicly disavow dissenters otherwise you lose your job... not even in the worst times of anti-Harrypotterism people got fired for reading the books. Honestly, WHO CARES if you agree or disagree with the author of a series of children's books on sexual identity? These people have no fucking problems. I don't give a shit about the political opinions of any fiction or fantasy author I read. Sure, I feel more in tune with some than with others due to their beliefs, but that's it.

I wonder if this has to do with the lockdowns and people being bored. Is there any link between the Plague and religious persecution in Europe?

I wonder how we would have grown up had the real version been adapted. Disney movies are, after all, exorbitant fanfiction.
Here in LatAm, children grow with more violent stories and nobody minds. We have some loonies asking tv networks to think of the children, but that's it. The only prominent figure I remember was a kids tv show host who said certain animes were too violent and her response was to make sure her show aired more harmless cartoons, which is fine, imo. As a foreigner, all that censorship you see in movies and shows oriented to children looks very odd to me because, first, children are not stupid and they can take some hard stories and two, most violent cartoons have the type of violence that children can manage and understand which is fine because you can't protect them from everything. I think that's another big issue with SJWs in general: they NEED someone to protect them from evil in media, even if they aren't open about it. They haven't grown out of that phase.

Everyone over the age of 5 needs to just STFU about the Potter cash grab and stop buying the merch, seeing the movies and going to the theme parks. It was always crap, just cleverly marketed crap.
I like HP. I also know a lot of friends around my age who like it. But we aren't spergs. The problem isn't HP, it's the fandom, these people are obsessed about media, as you or anybody can see it is NOT ONLY Harry Potter. It's their behavior around media which is worrisome.

And you can see how much of a problem it is that, despite they swear eternal love for the Brand™ to the point of getting tattoos inspired by them, they're still ready to drop it as soon as something in there is "problematic."

tired and hopeless

kiwifarms.net
A fairly successful author, Gillian Phillip (who was one of the people who writes the Warrior Cats series under the Erin Hunter group pen name) went full #teamRowling on Twitter and got fired for it.
Damn, warriors was one of my favorite series growing up (although didnt read the ones written by phillip who from what i see technically wrote a side-series to Warriors and not warriors itself). From what i remember, it had really good lessons about responsibility and trying to live a meaningful life, even if thats not easy. Glad to see shes not caving to the mob in the slightest

Also, for those that didnt watch the video, this is her pinned tweet:
1594356190714.png
Not fully sure why she threw the word furry in there but, considering she helped write a book series about talking animals, i like to think she's using it as a synonym for "insane" based on past experiences

jellycar

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ever watched Hans Christian Andersen's The Fairytaler? The episode they did on the little mermaid was more or less accurate.
Excuse me but queen Shelley Duvall's adaptation on Faerie Tale Theatre was the best one imo.

I honestly don't understand why Jo is acting like this. She can't just apologize and actually get educated on the subject while also saying she knows that any amount of learning will never make up for the hate speech, can she?

She really should have just stuck to making up new shit in that universe that had no indications in the books. I mean....when Daniel Radcliffe and the other actors are dragging you......

Did she write the polyjuice potion scene while high on shrooms and forgot about it, thus realizing that what she wrote was in her mind completely against everything she stands for or something? Lmao

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Effluvium

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
Damn, warriors was one of my favorite series growing up (although didnt read the ones written by phillip who from what i see technically wrote a side-series to Warriors and not warriors itself). From what i remember, it had really good lessons about responsibility and trying to live a meaningful life, even if thats not easy. Glad to see shes not caving to the mob in the slightest

Also, for those that didnt watch the video, this is her pinned tweet:
Not fully sure why she threw the word furry in there but, considering she helped write a book series about talking animals, i like to think she's using it as a synonym for "insane" based on past experiences
Furries are pretty much degenerates. Not all of them, but just enough.

Tags
None