J.K. Rowling needs to stop messing with Harry Potter - A general STFU J.K. Rowling MegaThread <3

Don't Tread on Me

Incel and proud
kiwifarms.net
She isn't even anti-trans. She's anti give every kid hormone blockers and bottom surgery.

It really shows the true face of the trannies. "If you don't 100% agree with every opinion we hold, you're a bad person."

So, check this out.

Some employees want to stop working on JK Rowling's book, and the company says "No, you can't do that. You can refuse to work on a story if you take issue with the content, but if you take issue with an author outside of the book, that is against free speech".

And this troon goes off like "JK Rowling wants trans people to die!"

Jar-Jar Fanboy

kiwifarms.net

So, check this out.

Some employees want to stop working on JK Rowling's book, and the company says "No, you can't do that. You can refuse to work on a story if you take issue with the content, but if you take issue with an author outside of the book, that is against free speech". You can tell the troon hasn't bothered to read JK's essay, or even her tweets, it seems. Cry harder, troon

It's like a game of broken telephone. According to the tranner in the video, JK "wants them to die," "doesn't think they should be allowed in public," "doesn't think they exist," and her beliefs will "probably get trans people killed." You can tell "she" didn't bother to read JK's essay, or even most of her tweets concerning the subject where she explicitly said you can live however you want. It's like they live in a completely different reality than the rest of us, where they're just perpetual victims getting slaughtered daily, left, right, and centre

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
Cool story bro. Was it the polyjuice potion scenes? Didjya get a boner to them?

So, check this out.

Some employees want to stop working on JK Rowling's book, and the company says "No, you can't do that. You can refuse to work on a story if you take issue with the content, but if you take issue with an author outside of the book, that is against free speech".

This is the same troon who was fanboygirling over CHAZ before it went to shit and got featured in Dame Pesos's video of it, BTW. An idiot, to say the least.

Finally a publisher with some sense of reason and sanity.

QuokkaCaptain

The happiest of all the marsupials
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, we've come to a time when you have to publicly disavow dissenters otherwise you lose your job... not even in the worst times of anti-Harrypotterism people got fired for reading the books. Honestly, WHO CARES if you agree or disagree with the author of a series of children's books on sexual identity? These people have no fucking problems. I don't give a shit about the political opinions of any fiction or fantasy author I read. Sure, I feel more in tune with some than with others due to their beliefs, but that's it.

I wonder if this has to do with the lockdowns and people being bored. Is there any link between the Plague and religious persecution in Europe?
Christ, I wish we could just manifest our stress and dread about plagues and economical concerns by dancing ourselves to death like our ancestors did. It couldn't be any more agonizing than watching grown ass men and women canceling children's book authors on social media.

I think that's another big issue with SJWs in general: they NEED someone to protect them from evil in media, even if they aren't open about it. They haven't grown out of that phase.
It's not strictly even that they actually feel they need to be protected, per se: It's a matter of control.

Take, for example, the topic of this thread: There are some people who just hate Harry Potter. Maybe they don't like the writing, maybe they're annoyed by the fans, maybe they're just annoyed by how popular it is- whatever. The point is that they hate it. And as we all know, it can be really grinding to hear about a Thing you hate everywhere: TV, internet, movies, books, etc. When you can't walk two feet without hearing someone praise something that you absolutely cannot stand, it works on your nerves like nothing else. We all have something that provokes that sort of response in us.

Now, for those of us with a sense of personal responsibility and maturity, we respond to these things by ignoring them; or maybe grumbling a bit about them and then ignoring them. We explain it as "I hate this series for reasons x, y, and z, so for the love of God, please stop telling me about it and please stop shoving it in my face. I won't bother you if you don't bother me."

But for some people, that's not enough.

I firmly believe that 90% of people trying to "cancel" things (whether it's a book, a person, a game, a fictional pairing, a character, whatever) are doing it because they simply Don't Like The Thing. But somewhere deep inside, they realize that "You shouldn't like this thing because I personally don't" is not a particularly persuasive (or mature) argument. People will inevitably respond with "lol okay that's your opinion, I'm still going to like this Thing and keep engaging with it, don't tell me what to do."

What these assholes have realized is that they can use social justice/political "justifications" for getting people to stop liking things. "You can't like Harry Potter because Rowling is transphobic" is a loaded, emotionally manipulative argument that puts the person being targeted in a precarious position: If they keep liking Harry Potter, they will be viewed as a transphobe. If they stop liking it, they will get a pat on the back for falling in with the "correct" way of thinking. It's not just a matter of opinion now: Now it's a matter of your morals and the ethics of how you "engage" with things and who you give your time and money to.

Social justice assholes have learned that they can use these loaded political/social topics as a weapon to bludgeon others with- "if I accuse someone of being a transphobe because they like Harry Potter, they stop liking Harry Potter, which means I don't have to hear about Harry Potter (or JK Rowling) anymore." This method not only works, but it gives the little fucks doing it a rush of power because they've forced someone else to bend to their will. The only way this stops is by informing them at every opportunity "I don't give a fuck if you think it's problematic, I'm still reading it and liking it. Now piss off."

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
Christ, I wish we could just manifest our stress and dread about plagues and economical concerns by dancing ourselves to death like our ancestors did. It couldn't be any more agonizing than watching grown ass men and women canceling children's book authors on social media.

It's not strictly even that they actually feel they need to be protected, per se: It's a matter of control.

Take, for example, the topic of this thread: There are some people who just hate Harry Potter. Maybe they don't like the writing, maybe they're annoyed by the fans, maybe they're just annoyed by how popular it is- whatever. The point is that they hate it. And as we all know, it can be really grinding to hear about a Thing you hate everywhere: TV, internet, movies, books, etc. When you can't walk two feet without hearing someone praise something that you absolutely cannot stand, it works on your nerves like nothing else. We all have something that provokes that sort of response in us.

Now, for those of us with a sense of personal responsibility and maturity, we respond to these things by ignoring them; or maybe grumbling a bit about them and then ignoring them. We explain it as "I hate this series for reasons x, y, and z, so for the love of God, please stop telling me about it and please stop shoving it in my face. I won't bother you if you don't bother me."

But for some people, that's not enough.

I firmly believe that 90% of people trying to "cancel" things (whether it's a book, a person, a game, a fictional pairing, a character, whatever) are doing it because they simply Don't Like The Thing. But somewhere deep inside, they realize that "You shouldn't like this thing because I personally don't" is not a particularly persuasive (or mature) argument. People will inevitably respond with "lol okay that's your opinion, I'm still going to like this Thing and keep engaging with it, don't tell me what to do."

What these assholes have realized is that they can use social justice/political "justifications" for getting people to stop liking things. "You can't like Harry Potter because Rowling is transphobic" is a loaded, emotionally manipulative argument that puts the person being targeted in a precarious position: If they keep liking Harry Potter, they will be viewed as a transphobe. If they stop liking it, they will get a pat on the back for falling in with the "correct" way of thinking. It's not just a matter of opinion now: Now it's a matter of your morals and the ethics of how you "engage" with things and who you give your time and money to.

Social justice assholes have learned that they can use these loaded political/social topics as a weapon to bludgeon others with- "if I accuse someone of being a transphobe because they like Harry Potter, they stop liking Harry Potter, which means I don't have to hear about Harry Potter (or JK Rowling) anymore." This method not only works, but it gives the little fucks doing it a rush of power because they've forced someone else to bend to their will. The only way this stops is by informing them at every opportunity "I don't give a fuck if you think it's problematic, I'm still reading it and liking it. Now piss off."
I mostly agree with this, except that many of these troons loved Harry Potter before Rowling started saying problematic shit. So I don't think they hate the books. Sometimes that's the case, but not in this situation. The reason they're going so hard after Rowling is because they really hate is seeing anyone who doesn't bow down to them successful and happy.

It might not even be primarily about control. I think jealousy is a major component. These are universally miserable people, as browsing their social media accounts will quickly reveal, and in their eyes the idea that someone who says things they don't want to hear, even if that person doesn't believe in directly forcing anything on them, is living a happier life than they are, is unfair. So they need to ruin that person's life and make them as miserable as they are, which is the fair, morally right thing.

The disturbing thing as that a large portion of society, or at least the elites who pull the strings, agree with and support this attitude.

Last edited:

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net

This is the same troon who was fanboygirling over CHAZ before it went to shit and got featured in Dame Pesos's video of it, BTW. An idiot, to say the least.

Was the troon's CHAZ video full of retardation, or have people now come back to call it out after what happened?

"This is what anarchy looks like." I laughed so hard. I honestly thought these idiots knew at least a modicum of what the fuck they were even talking about.

Multiple people had beef with each other in that place because of course a bunch of unstable fuckheads can't maintain a stable society. Were they expecting something akin to Ponyville?

The main problem that they can't EVER get through their empty domes is that their ideology sounds perfect on paper, but is unfortunately touted and promoted by horrendously imperfect people.

Azovka

kiwifarms.net
I can understand this. I honestly don't think I've experience much sexism, really until I was ignored and told to stay in my place when putting in a complaint at my gym over a troon in my locker room. That dude touched me once in the shower and used to feel my dresses and clothes when I was getting ready. I was treated as a nuisance by the manager. For not wanting a stupidly tall naked man in my change room to touch me.

And now we're talked over and have this guilt tactic of 'why don't you have sympathy for troons?' Like we're supposed to just roll over and let the definition of woman change or just accept that we can't choose who we get changed in front of. And this hurrdurr 'women can sexually assault too!' In bathrooms argument is such BS. I've spent 30 years using women's room and have been assaulted or had unwanted touching zero amount of times until troons.
Holy shit, I feel you. Just gonna spoiler a similar experience.

I started going to the gym in the mornings back in February since it was easier than doing so after work / uni in the evening (mostly because it overlapped with my raids), and quite a few times, I've had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing a dude in the women's locker room. Now, our locker room has shower stalls, so technically, there should be no danger of flashing / inappropriate behaviour or whatever, and yet this dude always keeps on his sports bra, but takes off his underwear to flap his junk around, casually, just daring other women to look at him or be disgusted.

Anyways, the first time I saw that dude just whip out his dick, I must've looked grossed out as fuck because he just looked at me and went like "what are you looking at?", so I just turned around and ignored him until he left the changing room (we were just 2 in there that morning). Then, I put my bag in a locker and tried to pull the door to exit the room, and that's when it slammed into my face (and those are heavy fireproof doors, you know).
Turns out this dude was just standing behind it and waiting for the door to start moving (you pull it to exit, push to enter) to fucking slam it as hard as he could into me. It didn't hurt me badly, although I did get a bump on my eyebrow from it later. And the dude didn't even pretend like he wanted to enter the changing room again, like he forgot something or whatever. He just said "sorry" in a sarcastic tone and left for the weight lifting area.

I didn't even bother complaining to the gym staff, mostly because there's rarely any (ah, the joys of going to the cheapest gym in France), and because trans women are women, and since that dude always goes in the women's changing room, I guess he's allowed to do so.

The other times I've seen him in the changing room, nothing else really happened safe for him taking ages to get dressed in quite an ostentatious manner, and then corona-chan hit, so gym was rip anyways. Either way, I doubt many women feel "safe" with that weight-lifting man with long hair and a brassiere that's at least like 80kg of muscle stripping naked next to them. I know I'm not, and if another incident were to occur, I don't think I'd be able to put much of a fight, gym or no gym. Outrun him, maybe? But otherwise? lmao.

Funnily enough, I was quite supportive of the LGBTQ+ whatever community back in high school. We went to gay prides, supported gay marriage etc. with friends, mostly because we were dumb teens that were enticed by the whole rainbow, drag queen, colourful world they showcased. And then uni happened, along with "trans awareness weeks" where they got free stuff on campus, some angry trannies in the tube that went after me for "looking at them wrong", and many, many other instances of being forced to go along with them.

Also, we had troons in our Women's Society (and I say "our" as in "our" uni's, I myself only attended one meeting), a decision which I didn't really understand, especially since they had their own societies too. Then again, it was 2014-2015, and only the start of the tranny craze.

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
kiwifarms.net
From a lot of leftists I'm hearing: "Rowling will face no consequences so cancel culture isn't real! She's just a rich asshole who's mad ordinary people are challenging her!"

Well, no shit she won't face real consequences, because she's a world famous billionaire with fuck-you money! That's the only reason why. If she was a single mother on welfare or an ordinary middle-class type saying these same things about trannies, her life would be ruined.

On that same subject, her cushion of fuck-you money makes her pretty unlikely to learn from this. I wouldn't be surprised if she joins in to dogpile some right-wing figure in a couple months with the rationale of: "I should be free to say my unorthodox views because my views are reasonable and harmless, but that guy is a racist fashist like Drumpf/Voldemort so he needs to go to jail for them". She remains a TDS liberal feminist like before.

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

All Punks Are Bastards
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From a lot of leftists I'm hearing: "Rowling will face no consequences so cancel culture isn't real! She's just a rich asshole who's mad ordinary people are challenging her!"

Well, no shit she won't face real consequences, because she's a world famous billionaire with fuck-you money! That's the only reason why. If she was a single mother on welfare or an ordinary middle-class type saying these same things about trannies, her life would be ruined.

On that same subject, her cushion of fuck-you money makes her pretty unlikely to learn from this. I wouldn't be surprised if she joins in to dogpile some right-wing figure in a couple months with the rationale of: "I should be free to say my unorthodox views because my views are reasonable and harmless, but that guy is a racist fashist like Drumpf/Voldemort so he needs to go to jail for them". She remains a TDS liberal feminist like before.
You're probably correct but at the same time, I think JK also knows how deranged her SJW fans (or ex-fans) have gotten and might go full pro-free speech and anti-SJW if this keeps getting more crazy.

Kind of like how Harrison Ford hates Star Wars despite the fact it's the only reason he was even able to become a Hollywood A-Lister.

She'll still be a liberal since fascism and traditionalism are effectively dead (and we're richer for having lost both of them, tbh) but if JK doesn't go right back to wokeness after beating cancel culture, then I think she'll be more openly identifying as a moderate liberal who'll still call herself a feminist but is more in line with a 90's/2000's liberal than a modern leftist or intersectional feminist.

Assuming she does learn from this mess at all, of course.

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
kiwifarms.net
You're probably correct but at the same time, I think JK also knows how deranged her SJW fans (or ex-fans) have gotten and might go full pro-free speech and anti-SJW if this keeps getting more crazy.

Kind of like how Harrison Ford hates Star Wars despite the fact it's the only reason he was even able to become a Hollywood A-Lister.

She'll still be a liberal since fascism and traditionalism are effectively dead (and we're richer for having lost both of them, tbh) but if JK doesn't go right back to wokeness after beating cancel culture, then I think she'll be more openly identifying as a moderate liberal who'll still call herself a feminist but is more in line with a 90's/2000's liberal than a modern leftist or intersectional feminist.

Assuming she does learn from this mess at all, of course.
Almost nobody these days is a free-speech absolutist. Rowling and other liberals who've come out against cancel culture are mad their reasonable, empathetic, humanistic beliefs are now verboten, because censoring reasonable, humanistic, empathetic opinions is madness.

However, I suspect many are totally fine with people being fired for right wing views/"racist" remarks or even punished legally for them as hate speech, because they consider those views somewhere between lunacy and dangerous evil that needs to be excised from society.

Smug Cat

An unarmed man with a knife
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It's probably more that JK Rowling is the most profitable author they've ever had or ever will have and they're not going to risk fucking her off to appease some whiny-ass fourth-rate replaceable employees.

Almost nobody these days is a free-speech absolutist. Rowling and other liberals who've come out against cancel culture are mad their reasonable, empathetic, humanistic beliefs are now verboten, because censoring reasonable, humanistic, empathetic opinions is madness.

However, I suspect many are totally fine with people being fired for right wing views/"racist" remarks or even punished legally for them as hate speech, because they consider those views somewhere between lunacy and dangerous evil that needs to be excised from society.
You would be surprised, I think. Being on the business end of speech suppression will do a lot to shake someone out of their social-media-induced hang-the-nonbelievers stupor. If anything will make someone realize that free speech is a profoundly important human right, it's the experience of not having it.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
True, or not?

Spineless can't even begin to cover how much of fruitcake King is. He almost gave himself away by promoting meritocracy with a tweet months ago. His followers then crucified him before he apologized.

The man has become a massive disappointment. I actually used to defend him when he criticized Stephenie Meyer. Turns out, between the two of them, Meyer turned out smelling like roses because she ended up making bank with frustrated housewives, while he's stuck with a bunch of retards who'll turn on him for the slightest deviation.
Stephen King used to be a big proponent of JK Rowling, the fact that he threw her under the bus is indeed pretty spineless.

2020Suicide

Homecoming King
kiwifarms.net
My favorite thing about JK is she still has 3 movies left to make in her shitty prequel series and so far the story is about stopping a guy who wants to prevent the holocaust, him and his league of jewish wizards want to shape human history for their advantage, and it stars johnny depp. The series has become such dogshit that they're bringing back the writer they used on the HP films to help JK.

The 2nd film was a waste of fucking time as well. And the lowest grossing film in the whole wizarding world.

By the time WB gets around to the fifth film, JK will be considered as far right as trump and the film will make less than the porn parodies.

Don't Tread on Me

Incel and proud
kiwifarms.net

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet. Lindsay literally spends 15 minutes prepping her audience before she solemnly tells them that they have to Read Another Book, and immediately follows that up with an acknowledgment that a lot of her audience "may not be ready to do that."

These books are over a decade old.

JonesMcCannister

Who was dragged down by the stone
kiwifarms.net

So, check this out.

I can't tell whats more annoying: that fake female voice cracking or the snaggletooth.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
I can understand this. I honestly don't think I've experience much sexism, really until I was ignored and told to stay in my place when putting in a complaint at my gym over a troon in my locker room. That dude touched me once in the shower and used to feel my dresses and clothes when I was getting ready. I was treated as a nuisance by the manager. For not wanting a stupidly tall naked man in my change room to touch me.

And now we're talked over and have this guilt tactic of 'why don't you have sympathy for troons?' Like we're supposed to just roll over and let the definition of woman change or just accept that we can't choose who we get changed in front of. And this hurrdurr 'women can sexually assault too!' In bathrooms argument is such BS. I've spent 30 years using women's room and have been assaulted or had unwanted touching zero amount of times until troons. Hell my worse experiences have BOTH been troons touching me inappropriately. I have a dude friend who is deep into the TRA shit and any attempts to breach this subject of women's issues of gender self ID are met with a lotta fingers in ears 'this doesn't happen' and in that moment I felt the stark stark differences between male experience and female and he would never care or understand what it's like to feel truly vulnerable and scared of someone who has at least a foot and 100 pounds over you.

I think Rowling has hit a breaking point. You can take casual troon shit with a grain of salt occassionally but hearing TRANSWOMEN ARE WOMEN screamed constantly and evidence that being a woman is nothing more than a anime fetish for gross coomers makes you dig your heels in to be more resolved that they aren't. Hearing a grown man in his fifties whine about how he didn't have a 'girlhood' where he had sleepovers and fetishsizes prepubescent girls makes you genuinely want to vomit. I don't blame her for punching back when she has the fuck you money to do it. I feel she'll be vindicated later when all this troon shit is chucked in the bin where it belongs.
Holy shit, I feel you. Just gonna spoiler a similar experience.

I started going to the gym in the mornings back in February since it was easier than doing so after work / uni in the evening (mostly because it overlapped with my raids), and quite a few times, I've had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing a dude in the women's locker room. Now, our locker room has shower stalls, so technically, there should be no danger of flashing / inappropriate behaviour or whatever, and yet this dude always keeps on his sports bra, but takes off his underwear to flap his junk around, casually, just daring other women to look at him or be disgusted.

Anyways, the first time I saw that dude just whip out his dick, I must've looked grossed out as fuck because he just looked at me and went like "what are you looking at?", so I just turned around and ignored him until he left the changing room (we were just 2 in there that morning). Then, I put my bag in a locker and tried to pull the door to exit the room, and that's when it slammed into my face (and those are heavy fireproof doors, you know).
Turns out this dude was just standing behind it and waiting for the door to start moving (you pull it to exit, push to enter) to fucking slam it as hard as he could into me. It didn't hurt me badly, although I did get a bump on my eyebrow from it later. And the dude didn't even pretend like he wanted to enter the changing room again, like he forgot something or whatever. He just said "sorry" in a sarcastic tone and left for the weight lifting area.

I didn't even bother complaining to the gym staff, mostly because there's rarely any (ah, the joys of going to the cheapest gym in France), and because trans women are women, and since that dude always goes in the women's changing room, I guess he's allowed to do so.

The other times I've seen him in the changing room, nothing else really happened safe for him taking ages to get dressed in quite an ostentatious manner, and then corona-chan hit, so gym was rip anyways. Either way, I doubt many women feel "safe" with that weight-lifting man with long hair and a brassiere that's at least like 80kg of muscle stripping naked next to them. I know I'm not, and if another incident were to occur, I don't think I'd be able to put much of a fight, gym or no gym. Outrun him, maybe? But otherwise? lmao.

Funnily enough, I was quite supportive of the LGBTQ+ whatever community back in high school. We went to gay prides, supported gay marriage etc. with friends, mostly because we were dumb teens that were enticed by the whole rainbow, drag queen, colourful world they showcased. And then uni happened, along with "trans awareness weeks" where they got free stuff on campus, some angry trannies in the tube that went after me for "looking at them wrong", and many, many other instances of being forced to go along with them.

Also, we had troons in our Women's Society (and I say "our" as in "our" uni's, I myself only attended one meeting), a decision which I didn't really understand, especially since they had their own societies too. Then again, it was 2014-2015, and only the start of the tranny craze.
Here's the million dollar question, then.

How long do you think actual women will put up with this until there's an inevitable influx of lawsuits, assault and discrimination, troons harassing women unprovoked, and all of the other inevitable crap brought about by these "revolutionary and progressive changes"?

Are we heading for disaster? Not sure, but something has to give, and the way I see it, the ones who are crazily demanding kids be drugged up full of hormone blockers until they're old enough to "choose their gender" seem mighty unstable to stand that long.

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet. Lindsay literally spends 15 minutes prepping her audience before she solemnly tells them that they have to Read Another Book, and immediately follows that up with an acknowledgment that a lot of her audience "may not be ready to do that."

These books are over a decade old.
Has Ellis' audience dwindled over the years? Is that drunk still having psuedo college lectures with her viewers?

Tags
None