J.K. Rowling needs to stop messing with Harry Potter - A general STFU J.K. Rowling MegaThread <3

Fandom Trash

Cutest Dumpster Cat around
kiwifarms.net
Twitter is a cesspool and anybody whose a creator should only use it to post things relavent to their work and nothing else.

J.K might as well delete her twitter with the amount of vitriol thrown at her way every, single day, but I have a feeling she won't. Either because she's determined to keep spewing her points and opinions onto deaf ears or because out of all the shit she has to wade through her twitter, there's a few fans every now and then who thank her for creating such an amazing series of books that changed their whole lives.

Still. Its funny how J.K is the one being attacked so violently when before everyone used to rake on Stephen Meyers and E.L James for their shitty, romance books.

I guess times have really changed when you're considered a worser person than the writer who wrote Fifty Shades of Grey.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
While the Little Mermaid did get the hots for the prince and was always interested in the human world in the original fairytale, she also wanted an immortal soul, which mermaids don't have in the story (they die and become sea foam after 300 years). One of the ways to attain a soul is to get a human to fall in love with her, so she goes for the prince because it would give her both his love and a soul, despite even the sea-witch saying it's a stupid decision that would bring her nothing but misery.

Despite dying, she does get a happy ending in her original story. After choosing to throw herself at the sea and let her life end instead of killing the prince, she becomes a "Daughter of the Air", a benign spirit who can ascend to heaven by doing good deeds. With that she can get something she wanted in the end (an immortal soul, not the prince's love), though by a different means.

Now the sun rose out of the sea. Its rays fell so gently and warmly on the deathly cold sea-foam and the little mermaid did not feel death, she saw the bright sun, and up above her there floated hundreds of transparent, lovely creatures; through them she could see the ship’s white sails and the sky’s red clouds, their voice was a melody, but so spiritual that no human ear could hear it, just as no earthly eye could see them – without wings they floated in their own lightness through the air.

‘Who am I coming to!’ she said, and her voice sounded like those of the other beings, so spiritual than no earthly music can reproduce it.

‘To the daughters of the air!’ the others replied. ‘A mermaid has no immortal soul, can never gain one unless she wins the love of a human being! Her eternal being depends on a foreign force. The daughters of the air do not have an eternal soul either, but by good deeds they are able to create one for themselves. We fly to the warm countries where the sultry plague-air kills people – there we fan cool air on them. We spread the scent of flowers through the air and send refreshment and cure. When we have striven to do all the good we can for three hundred years, we are granted an immortal soul and take part in the eternal happiness of humans. You, poor little mermaid, have striven to do the same with all your heart as we do, you have suffered and endured, have lifted yourself up to the realm of the spirits of the air, now through good deeds you can create for yourself an immortal soul in three hundred years’ time.’

And the little mermaid lifted her clear arms towards God’s sun, and for the first time she felt tears. On board the ship there was noise and life once more, she saw the prince with his lovely bride searching for her, sadly they stared at the bubbling foam, as if they knew she had thrown herself into the waves. Unseen, she kissed the bride’s forehead, smiled at him and rose with the other children of the air up onto the rosy cloud that sailed through the sky.

‘In three hundred years’ time we will sail thus into the kingdom of God!’

‘We can also enter in earlier than that!’
one of them whispered.

‘We can float unseen into the homes of humans who have children, and each time we find a good child that gladdens its parents and earns their love, God shortens our time of probation. The child is unaware of us flying through the living room, and when we smile with joy at it, one year is taken away from our three hundred, but if we see a naughty and wicked child, then we have to cry tears of sorrow, and each tear adds a further day to our time of probation!’
Speaking of the Little Mermaid:

37_257446_1437_2048.jpg

38_337288_1437_2048.jpg

Cr1ms0n_&_C10v3r

"A man of many colours despite being only black."
kiwifarms.net
Twitter is a cesspool and anybody whose a creator should only use it to post things relavent to their work and nothing else.

J.K might as well delete her twitter with the amount of vitriol thrown at her way every, single day, but I have a feeling she won't. Either because she's determined to keep spewing her points and opinions onto deaf ears or because out of all the shit she has to wade through her twitter, there's a few fans every now and then who thank her for creating such an amazing series of books that changed their whole lives.

Still. Its funny how J.K is the one being attacked so violently when before everyone used to rake on Stephen Meyers and E.L James for their shitty, romance books.

I guess times have really changed when you're considered a worser person than the writer who wrote Fifty Shades of Grey.
She should absolutely keep her account because her triggering everyone by stating facts, most of which are mundanely common sense, is highly entertaining.

Fandom Trash

Cutest Dumpster Cat around
kiwifarms.net
I won't deny the fact that its highly entertaining, especially since there's nothing these guys can do to harm J.K's already ridiculous wealth and fame.

I guess it must be tiring logging in on twitter only to be met by hate. But hwy, at least she can enjoy herself while everyone is miserable and angry.

Question: If Harry Potter was written today instead of in the 90s, what sort of changes would there be in the book series?

• Feels
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Didn't that Ellis girl make a video apologising to Meyers? I haven't watch it, but I've seen it suggested by the algorithm a few times. I suppose she's apologising because MY SOGGY KNEES? Her books where awful and badly written. She deserved every single criticism she got.

Coffee Druid

Your friendly caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
There were black characters in the original book series. The announcer kid for the quidditch games, and one of the side friends who sometimes hang out with the main characters along with the Irish kid. I can't remember any names cause it's been over a decade now.

If you mean all the characters would be black now? Yeah probably.

The Wizard

I have spells.
kiwifarms.net
If you ever check out some of the fiction that these ex-Potter worshippers have written, the quality is about on par with Meyer and James. There isn't much of a reason for them to criticize those authors, outside of it being the trendy thing to do. To my knowledge, neither did anything that controversial aside from Meyer making the protagonist a self-insert, and James starting out the series as fanfiction.

Question: If Harry Potter was written today instead of in the 90s, what sort of changes would there be in the book series?
Hogwarts wouldn't be a boarding school, because that is a sign of privilege, apparently. It also wouldn't be a castle, but some hidden building in the middle of a big city. Also greater emphasis on who is good and who is bad. Except for Voldemort, who will be made into one of those grey villains.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There were black characters in the original book series. The announcer kid for the quidditch games, and one of the side friends who sometimes hang out with the main characters along with the Irish kid. I can't remember any names cause it's been over a decade now.

If you mean all the characters would be black now? Yeah probably.
Lee Jordan was the Twin's friend. Dean was Seamus' friend. They're super minor and I actually forgot Dean's first name and wanted to call him Dave. Hell, I only remember Lee because I remembered liking his announcing as a kid.

A Blaxploitaiton Harry Potter would probably be pretty funny. Imagine shit like Tricknology becoming a subject you learn for example. Random kung fu fights too for maximum stupid.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Gun
kiwifarms.net
Lee Jordan was the Twin's friend. Dean was Seamus' friend. They're super minor and I actually forgot Dean's first name and wanted to call him Dave. Hell, I only remember Lee because I remembered liking his announcing as a kid.

A Blaxploitaiton Harry Potter would probably be pretty funny. Imagine shit like Tricknology becoming a subject you learn for example. Random kung fu fights too for maximum stupid.
Kingsley Shacklebolt and arguably Blaise Zabini. So like... 4 characters.

Last edited:

Kurosaki Ichigo

Gun
kiwifarms.net
Blaise is just dangerously Italian, but yeah Kingsley is black too.
I remember him being described as dark skinned, which Rowling has only ever done with explicitly black characters lol. Plus looking up his character he’s portrayed by a black actor in the movies.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember him being described as dark skinned, which Rowling has only ever done with explicitly black characters lol. Plus looking up his character he’s portrayed by a black actor in the movies.
Eh, the surname sounds Romance, mainly Italian. Some of them can be pretty dark skinned themselves. Plus his family could've been from say the Somali or Eritrean settlements before moving back.

I don't mind it, but I do pay attention to language.

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
Kingsley Shacklebolt and arguably Blaise Zabini. So like... 4 characters.
Ah, Blaise. Apparently back in the day before Blaise was more than a name the sorting hat called out in one book, a bunch of fanfiction writers made Blaise a girl, because of a lack of canon female Slytherin characters. Well I guess he wouldn't be made trans in a modern remake. :lit:

Was Dean black in the book too?
Rowling pretty much never specified race directly in the books, which is where the black Hermione bullshit started. Except that she did refer to Hermione's face as pale and white several times, which is what caused the black Hermione bullshit to fall apart despite the author herself supporting it. So at most she probably said he had dark skin.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Was Dean black in the book too?
was Dean the kid who called the quiddich matches? I think he was specifically black in the books? I recall one of the kids was drawn while the first book was in development stages and was specifically black.

Tags
None