J.K. Rowling needs to stop messing with Harry Potter - A general STFU J.K. Rowling MegaThread <3

Orion Balls

Found the point!
kiwifarms.net
Dean's dad couldn't handle being married to a witch. He didn't know when they first got together. Can't remember which book it's mentioned in.

Elwood P. Dowd

Gone Daddy Gone
kiwifarms.net
J.K. Rowling’s Book Sales Lagging Despite Industry Boom in June

McLean declined to speculate on why, citing a lack of consumer research. But it’s hard to ignore that, since the first week of June, Rowling has incurred widespread criticism after she began repeatedly expressing contentious views on transgender identity.
Troons will finish off Harry Potter? Kidding, kidding. Variety is engaging in the worst sort of clickbait here. Here sales were up, just not as much as the market. 🙄

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
I've seen lots of people flocking to Percy Jackson in the wake of the fallout. Never read that series but I understand that it's kind of a massive ripoff of HP, complete with chosen one narrative and everything. How long before that gets cancelled too?

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
I've seen lots of people flocking to Percy Jackson in the wake of the fallout. Never read that series but I understand that it's kind of a massive ripoff of HP, complete with chosen one narrative and everything. How long before that gets cancelled too?
Inevitably, since it's written by a cishet white guy but the newer entries have tons of PoCs, troons, and Muslims, including one of the Norse gods praising Allah.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When he gets outed for wanting to fuck some teenage girls, creeping on someone, or being an abuser, as all Male Feminists get outed. Also I know for a fact they haven't left, they're just doing the bitch move of "New Best Friend" to pretend they aren't tilted that an abuse victim doesn't want their psychotic asses in womens' shelters.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Percy Jackson is very cringy. The concept is good (the children of Gods here on earth are trying to do their own shit), but it's obviously another HP ripoff that has taught current generations the marvels of becoming a tribe and only be loyal to it.

Unless that tribe is, of course, your country or family.

2020Suicide

Homecoming King
kiwifarms.net
Percy Jackson is very cringy. The concept is good (the children of Gods here on earth are trying to do their own shit), but it's obviously another HP ripoff that has taught current generations the marvels of becoming a tribe and only be loyal to it.

Unless that tribe is, of course, your country or family.
Its sort of crazy too ASOUE didnt rip off HP but got caught up in the YA boom, it had a perfect ending and the best literatary adaptation yet with that netflix series. The author even wrote the episodes of the series and made sure the earlier books made sense with his later ret-cons.

My only complaint is a personal one, of the fashions and aesthetic aping the early 60s instead of the late 70s. It would fit the depressing tone of everything much more and the whole VFD history.

Also the lessons about adults being near useless, and only the well read/informed can understand and see the manipulations of the degenerate theater loving hook nosed troop, and no matter how often you try to explain to the ignorant they will continue being oblivious to the trickery right in front of their eyes

Syaoran Li

All Punks Are Bastards
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Its sort of crazy too ASOUE didnt rip off HP but got caught up in the YA boom, it had a perfect ending and the best literatary adaptation yet with that netflix series. The author even wrote the episodes of the series and made sure the earlier books made sense with his later ret-cons.

My only complaint is a personal one, of the fashions and aesthetic aping the early 60s instead of the late 70s. It would fit the depressing tone of everything much more and the whole VFD history.

Also the lessons about adults being near useless, and only the well read/informed can understand and see the manipulations of the degenerate theater loving hook nosed troop, and no matter how often you try to explain to the ignorant they will continue being oblivious to the trickery right in front of their eyes
I think ASOUE got caught up in the YA boom because it was one of the first series greenlit in the wake of the first Harry Potter book's smash success. The author himself was more or less forced by his publisher to write a YA series, so he went out of his way to write the complete antithesis of the typical YA novel at the time.

Really, I think it started out as this weird "Springtime for Hitler" ploy with his dark comedy, gloomy Goth vibe, and strict formula in the early books but when they sold like hotcakes and he was given a blank check to write a full series, he went all out on the VFD conspiracies and murder mysteries.

The books always had this weird Neo-Victorian/Neo-Edwardian vibe for me which makes sense when you realize Daniel Handler was an old-school Goth back when he was in high school and college, and the cash-in flick Nickelodeon did in 2004 went for a 1920's/1930's vibe for some reason.

I'll admit, I liked the late 50's/early 60's look and feel the Netflix series had but I think a 70's/early 80's look would've been way better.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
Inevitably, since it's written by a cishet white guy but the newer entries have tons of PoCs, troons, and Muslims, including one of the Norse gods praising Allah.
When he gets outed for wanting to fuck some teenage girls, creeping on someone, or being an abuser, as all Male Feminists get outed. Also I know for a fact they haven't left, they're just doing the bitch move of "New Best Friend" to pretend they aren't tilted that an abuse victim doesn't want their psychotic asses in womens' shelters.
That's more or less the case, but I'm gonna go devil's advocate here and say that he might just be an idiot. Percy Jackson isn't that popular compared to HP. Far from it. I'll be lucky enough to see entire convoys lining up for a new release over spotting bigfoot.

The books get boring after every volume and the community is milquetoast compared to their Hogwarts counterpart. When has the author ever had significant press coverage? For basically anything?

All I'm saying, is that the YA boom has pretty much faded. Small embers are all that's left and kids have pretty much given up on reading anything that isn't the communist manifesto or Rowling books.

Yes, they're acting like battered wives who've taken a break from the beatings, but will crawl back like addicts that haven't fully recovered. None of this is going to affect Rowling in the long run because she's literally rich enough to sustain a good chunk of the British economy.

Percy whatsisname is going to enjoy some flux in readers, but only for an egregiously short time. Seriously, the fanfiction count for HP alone would be enough to fill over a hundred New York libraries, only a few nobodies dropped out of her publishing company, and when you actually think about it, the craziest of the crazy have effectively walked away from her.

It doesn't help that Lindsey Ellis has made it easier after referencing Riley Dennis.

It's Carl, I know, and his infinite wisdom can't be any more needed today, but I seriously did not want to directly link to the original video since someone else already did that here.

There's also this:

• Informative
Reactions: Cr1ms0n_&_C10v3r

Toshiba

kiwifarms.net

Haha she's got more of these fucking ghouls scurrying away with their tails between their legs.

They're all desperate to cancel her and cast her as some one dimensional bigot but unfortunately for them everything she has said is completely reasonable so they need to misrepresent what she said or make misleading comparisons to justify their anger.

She has teams of lawyers keen on taking legal action against any companies or individuals libelling her in this way and in typical bully style they're shitting themselves when someone stands up to them.

Their tactics work on basically everyone but I guess not a litigious woman with hundreds of millions of pounds.

Also, they're running their ideological smear campaign as homework for kids? Disgusting.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
Also, they're running their ideological smear campaign as homework for kids? Disgusting.
Well, comrade, they've done it. Now all is missing is gulag. But, hey, since class warfare has taken a backseat to racial warfare, who's really counting?

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've seen a high school assignment (this was for a special needs class btw) where the students had to read up on Greta Thunberg's ramblings for Earth Day. Doesn't surprise me something like that is aimed at kids as homework.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've seen a high school assignment (this was for a special needs class btw) where the students had to read up on Greta Thunberg's ramblings for Earth Day. Doesn't surprise me something like that is aimed at kids as homework.
Let me guess, NY school? Or CA?

Because those two states have the shittiest teachers because those two states let their unions get so strong.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Let me guess, NY school? Or CA?

Because those two states have the shittiest teachers because those two states let their unions get so strong.
AZ, which btw fought hard to keep common core out of our schools. But we're slowly turning into California anyway, and it's a public school so the teachers are kinda cuckoo which is why it's not surprising at all.

Elwood P. Dowd

Gone Daddy Gone
kiwifarms.net
Something, something, female erasure? 'Course you can probably find five or six spergs on twitter claiming just about anything, which might be what this article is doing.

Happy Birthday, Daniel Radcliffe!

The actor known for playing Harry Potter turns 31 today, and fans are using his big day to pretend he's known for something else: writing the Harry Potter series. In case you missed it, many fans of Harry Potter have recently denounced JK Rowling after she posted a series of transphobic tweets and a transphobic essay. This wasn't the first time the author has posted anti-trans rhetoric, but it was certainly the final straw for many fans. Many of the actors from the Harry Potter film series have spoken out in support of trans women and men, including Radcliffe. In fact, his op-ed inspired people to start claiming he wrote the series himself when he was just a kid.

During Radcliffe's piece about supporting the trans community, he said the following: "Transgender women are women. Any statement to the contrary erases the identity and dignity of transgender people and goes against all advice given by professional health care associations who have far more expertise on this subject matter than either Jo or I. According to The Trevor Project, 78% of transgender and nonbinary youth reported being the subject of discrimination due to their gender identity. It’s clear that we need to do more to support transgender and nonbinary people, not invalidate their identities, and not cause further harm."

In honor of Radcliffe's birthday, here are some of the tweets that honor him and his many accomplishments, including "writing" all seven Harry Potter books...

Daniel's Day

Thank You

A Radcliffe Shrine

Legend

Don't Forget to Post

Sharing the Day with One Direction

Daniel, You Changed Many Lives

Prodigy

Praise

"Multi Talented King"

Disclosure: ComicBook is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.

Tags
None