J.K. Rowling needs to stop messing with Harry Potter - A general STFU J.K. Rowling MegaThread <3

Elwood P. Dowd

Turned Normie. Bye.
kiwifarms.net
The mad woman has doubled down, and is returning a humanitarian award over tranny issues. 😎

Statement from J.K. Rowling regarding the Robert F Kennedy Human Rights Ripple of Hope Award

In solidarity with those who have contacted me but who are struggling to make their voices heard, and because of the very serious conflict of views between myself and RFKHR, I feel I have no option but to return the Ripple of Hope Award bestowed upon me last year. I am deeply saddened that RFKHR has felt compelled to adopt this stance, but no award or honour, no matter my admiration for the person for whom it was named, means so much to me that I would forfeit the right to follow the dictates of my own conscience.

Effluvium

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net

William Tell Underpass

#ApplesForHobos
kiwifarms.net
I know people who are diehard fans (The tattoo types). They have emotionally cut themselves off from her and the books.
Then there are the mid level people who don't care about her books but have held her up for so long as 'the right kind of public figure' that they're telling themselves stories about how Twitter brainwashes boomers and how if they could just be separated from the internet their brain would begin to repair itself like they just quit smoking.

Either way, if you don't care about her this is a great time to be buying harry potter memorabilia second hand.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
There is a part in Order of the Phoenix when the Order mentions how the Ministry stripped Dumbledore off his titles because of the things he was saying about Voldemort:

After he made a speech to the International Confederation of Wizards announcing Voldemort's return, he was stripped of his title as Supreme Mugwump. It is implied that he was voted out by representatives selected by the Ministry of Magic. They used the excuse that he was going senile in his old age. Soon after, he was removed from his post as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, for much the same reasons. Fudge even threatened to retract the Order of Merlin, First Class, from Dumbledore. (src)

Life imitates art, indeed.

As a curiosity, it's also implied that Dumbledore really didn't mind and even joked about this (how he would only worry if they removed his picture from the chocolate cards). I wouldn't say JKR doesn't mind, but she seems to not care as much as her SJW adversaries care about titles and names. She knows she's right (she is) and that's all that matters for her. I mean, her legacy isn't remotely threatened, titles or not. SJWs only rely on titles and fake recognition (hence, their obsession with college, pronouns, and fake identities) because they have nothing to speak for them of their talents like Rowling has Harry Potter

Doctor Placebo

Somebody asked for brains?
kiwifarms.net
I know people who are diehard fans (The tattoo types). They have emotionally cut themselves off from her and the books.
Then there are the mid level people who don't care about her books but have held her up for so long as 'the right kind of public figure' that they're telling themselves stories about how Twitter brainwashes boomers and how if they could just be separated from the internet their brain would begin to repair itself like they just quit smoking.
If this were to convince wokies to campaign to shut down Twitter, that would be something of truly beautiful irony. And they're absolutely right that being off Twitter would cause some people's brains to repair themselves, but not the people they're thinking, or in the way they're thinking.

Fandom Trash

Cutest Dumpster Cat around
kiwifarms.net
As a curiosity, it's also implied that Dumbledore really didn't mind and even joked about this (how he would only worry if they removed his picture from the chocolate cards). I wouldn't say JKR doesn't mind, but she seems to not care as much as her SJW adversaries care about titles and names. She knows she's right (she is) and that's all that matters for her. I mean, her legacy isn't remotely threatened, titles or not. SJWs only rely on titles and fake recognition (hence, their obsession with college, pronouns, and fake identities) because they have nothing to speak for them of their talents like Rowling has Harry Potter

Pretty much this. J.K knows in the back of her head, that even if people denounces her beliefs, she still has a legacy that will remain in the public's memories for a very long time. You can't take that away from her; she worked hard to create a story that is considered both timeless and classic and achieved more than any of what her haters will ever accomplish or do.

A hundred years from now, people will still remember her name, while every single twitter user with x, y, z in their pronouns that has been sending her hate will barely, if ever, be thought of anything other than Hater #3846.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
After looking back on it and gleaning from her past statements, behavior, I've come to the rather poignant conclusion that Rowling may have simply been duped into making Dumbledore gay, along with all the other bullshit she had to say for clout with her increasingly crazed fans.

Hilariously reminds me of Sargon a bit.

I take it she was boomer tier in terms of thinking back then, but after getting a bitter taste of what her political opposition has to deal with on a regular basis, I think she's beginning to see the reality of what exactly she helped cultivate, if she hadn't already.

It actually makes me feel a bit sorry for her now, thinking on it.

LinkinParkxNaruto[AMV]

I try so hard and got so far
kiwifarms.net
. She knows she's right (she is) and that's all that matters for her.
She knows she is worth a few billion and will continue to score revenue no matter what from work she already did decades ago. Same reason she didn't care to make stuff up about wizards shitting themselves and magically dissapearing the diarrhea dripping from their legs, she is free to punk whoever even her own fans. Honestly, she didn't even say anything bad about troons and her positions are the same, she never meant to take a stance against any of the woke lobby , its the audience that decided to antagonize her for not being woke enough or woke but not in the right way. She is not a brave and stunning fighter for truth and her ideals, she is just another boomer on twitter who though her shit didn´t smell and that she was always right and righteous until one day she pissed off the millenials and zoomers who think the same too, except with her no one can possibly threaten anything on her life or livelihood when she goes on her tirades, if she was some indie author selling on amazon she would have been deplatformed already.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
If me, a literal nobody can't even be bothered to know who this fat fuck is, thinks Rowling still won't give any fucks herself, why should anyone?

Cher? Please, she's done.

Plank

kiwifarms.net
And suddenly for no reason at all these very same people's lives became fulfilling and meaningful.

It is always tempting to mindlessly dump on a group of hardcore fans of certain books or films, but reading through all 50+ pages of this topic has really opened my eyes on what a shockingly unhealthy set of books they really are.

The first book is like the narrative equivalent of someone getting their first experience with heroin.

* Your sad and pathetic life is all a lie
* You are wisked off to a magical world
* You are the most important person in that world
* You have powers beyond everyone else in that world
* Despite all the above you still have the ultimate in victimhood of anyone in the world
* Rules don't apply to you
* You effortlessly become the most important player on the most important sporting team
* Your closest friend is the head of your school who also was a member of your house and more than willing to change the rules at a whim to benefit you
* Your garbage parents are fake and your real parents are wealthy celebrities in the new magical world

And on and on and on.

When I've been reading through this topic I keep thinking about the two idiots who got knocked like bowling pins while 'protesting' on the freeway in the middle of the night. I know it is trite but those two idiots are a perfect example of people who are still reliving in their minds over and over again that their lives are the first Harry Potter book.

Last edited:

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Maybe, just maybe this might mean that millenials will start talking about another book other than Harry Potter. They might actually branch out of YA and discover a whole new world of books to explore and read that has just what they need instead of expecting a decade year old series to cater to their every needs.
That's not good... YA was like a contention room for these autistic fuckers...

Cr1ms0n_&_C10v3r

#IStandWithIcasaracht
kiwifarms.net
And suddenly for no reason at all these very same people's lives became fulfilling and meaningful.

It is always tempting to mindlessly dump on a group of hardcore fans of certain books or films, but reading through all 50+ pages of this topic has really opened my eyes on what a shockingly unhealthy set of books they really are.

The first book is like the narrative equivalent of someone getting their first experience with heroin.

* Your sad and pathetic life is all a lie
* You are wisked off to a magical world
* You are the most important person in that world
* You have powers beyond everyone else in that world
* Despite all the above you still have the ultimate in victimhood of anyone in the world
* Rules don't apply to you
* You effortlessly become the most important player on the most important sporting team
* Your closest friend is the head of your school who also was a member of your house and more than willing to change the rules at a whim to benefit you
* Your garbage parents are fake and your real parents are wealthy celebrities in the new magical world

And on and on and on.

When I've been reading through this topic I keep thinking about the two idiots who got knocked like bowling pins while 'protesting' on the freeway in the middle of the night. I know it is trite but those two idiots are a perfect example of people who are still reliving in their minds over and over again that their lives are the first Harry Potter book.
"Unhealthy"? They're kids' fantasy books set in a world where unicorns and dragons exist. Stories like this are by their very nature escapist, often self-indulgent, and unrealistic. That is their appeal. What is "unhealthy" is being so poorly anchored in reality that you let these kiddie books affect you in any way that could be considered unhealthy.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
The "kill JK Rowling for my 18th birthday" tweet makes me wonder if this is a generational thing. Someone who turns 18 in 2020 would've barely been able to read when the last Harry Potter book came out and only 9 years old when the last Harry Potter movie came out. I don't think Zoomers have nearly the connection to Harry Potter that millennials do, and as millennials age out of the SJW movement or lose the whole being at the cutting edge of progress thing, a formerly sacred text like Harry Potter becomes a valid target to tear down.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

he put a baby in my butt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Harry Potter is a pretty good series ruined by overexposure, retarded fans, and an author who couldn’t leave good enough alone
JK grew too comfortable with her wizarding world and starting adopting some of their habits, including shitting everywhere whenever she feels like it. too bad there's no magic spell for cleaning up your politics.

Pointless Pedant

Dancing the electric paegan love song
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The "kill JK Rowling for my 18th birthday" tweet makes me wonder if this is a generational thing. Someone who turns 18 in 2020 would've barely been able to read when the last Harry Potter book came out and only 9 years old when the last Harry Potter movie came out. I don't think Zoomers have nearly the connection to Harry Potter that millennials do, and as millennials age out of the SJW movement or lose the whole being at the cutting edge of progress thing, a formerly sacred text like Harry Potter becomes a valid target to tear down.
It wasn't ever sacred, Dirty Potter was mocking HP years ago.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JgBVOZVNnyU

It was hilarious too.

ChaChaHeels:BlackOnes

kiwifarms.net
Knowing what we know now re: insane parents of transgender kids/Mermaids etc, I’m viewing Chaz Bono in a whole new light.

Imagine having Cher as your mum. And your dad dying after skiing into a tree. And being called ‘Chastity Bono’.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Tags
None