Careercow Jack Scalfani / Cooking With Jack - Youtube Celebrity "Chef" and Salmonella Survivor

If you really had to who would you sex?

• Total voters

Charlie Delicious

kiwifarms.net
Not dissing the idea of sous vide, I'm talking about his setup.
Plastic tubs are fine IMO.

I've got a DIY ghetto sous vide at home. It's a six pack beer cooler with a small hole drilled in the lid for a thermometer. I adjust the water temp by adding hot or cold water from the kitchen sink (or adding boiled water from my kettle) every 20 minutes. It's not as exact as a Joule or Anova but it's pretty damn close for something I spent $10 on.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net

Guy Smiley

The whole world smiles with you
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Cooking" food in a plastic container, stay classy, Jack.
Eh, the food itself is sealed in an (ideally) airtight bag. As long as the container can withstand the heat and hold the water, it doesn't really matter what you use.

I've used everything from stew pots to plastic tubs. My current setup is pretty much exactly what Charlie Delicious described, (a beer cooler with a hole drilled in the lid) except I use an Anova. I like your idea, Charlie, but I'm too lazy to monitor the temperature like that.

Rabid Weasels

kiwifarms.net
He doesn't understand that a floating bag of onions in butter won't get caramelized until he tries it like a moron. And you are supposed to remove the air so that it doesn't float...it's just as possible to do this with a ziplock as it is with a vacuum sealer. It would take 10 min or less to know this by reading the directions or any online articles, which seems like a minor thing to do when buying a $100-$200 device

Reactions: GandT

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is "keto" just the Atkins diet rebranded? Don't eat carbs and have lots of meat, that's the basic idea, right?
I think it might be since the only real difference is even less carbs, and it'd make sense if it's a rebrand given the founder of the Atkins diet had serious heart problems and blood pressure (though he died from brain clotting from a fall and the complications fixing that).

Either way, that image of that southern BBQ kind of horrified me with how ugly it is. It's just gooey masses of flesh and fluidic "veg" with no presentation in the image to make me want to dine at the place. Also unhealthy as shit to a man with cardio problems as is. Giving Jack about... I dunno, three to fifteen months till his next stroke. Why those months? Because he seems to get punished by God to have one around Father's Day every time.

Water-T

Let's go crunch some numbers!
kiwifarms.net
He doesn't understand that a floating bag of onions in butter won't get caramelized until he tries it like a moron. And you are supposed to remove the air so that it doesn't float...it's just as possible to do this with a ziplock as it is with a vacuum sealer. It would take 10 min or less to know this by reading the directions or any online articles, which seems like a minor thing to do when buying a $100-$200 device
Reading instructions is for godless homosexuals. Jack just prays to hot, sexy Jesus - his ripped abs glistening with blood as he hangs on the cross, and prays for the son of God to guide him with his strong, masculine hands.

Aaway

kiwifarms.net
i can't remember the last time jack reviewed a non-bbq, burger, fried food, or breakfast place aside from the japanese restaurant he did a month or so ago (which he of course he didn't like)

at least when he lived in california he reviewed a variety of different places. these days if its not bbq, burgers, or fried foods jack ain't touching it

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net
I can understand having this type of food if you really made improvements to your diet, have made serious progress with your health and are only doing it to treat yourself once in a blue moon.

Jack has done literally none of this. He eats this shit on a regular basis, hasn't made any progress with his health problems and more importantly he still isn't that far removed from his last stroke. It's almost like he's daring his body to produce another serious health problem for him.

Water-T

Let's go crunch some numbers!
kiwifarms.net
i can't remember the last time jack reviewed a non-bbq, burger, fried food, or breakfast place aside from the japanese restaurant he did a month or so ago (which he of course he didn't like)

at least when he lived in california he reviewed a variety of different places. these days if its not bbq, burgers, or fried foods jack ain't touching it
I suspect this was another reason Jack was so keen to move from Cali to Deliverance Country. More access to places that served BBQ, fried foods, and other sorts of grub that white trash like him crave. Cali was too full of places that served scary stuff like salads or foods made by godless foreigners.

Aaway

kiwifarms.net
I can understand having this type of food if you really made improvements to your diet, have made serious progress with your health and are only doing it to treat yourself once in a blue moon.

Jack has done literally none of this. He eats this shit on a regular basis, hasn't made any progress with his health problems and more importantly he still isn't that far removed from his last stroke. It's almost like he's daring his body to produce another serious health problem for him.
yeah maybe he's just trying to kill off his left arm too

or he truly enjoys suffering strokes and being in the hospital having kidney stones removed

Aunt Myrna

Have you tried my Party Cheese Salad?
kiwifarms.net
Couldn't resist. I have to know what they are like. The shipping on this makes this sale roughly competitive with Amazon on a price/bottle basis. But on his site you can mix and match. Would have added the "Gourmet Seasoning" but it still seems to be out of stock.

gREEEEEEEEEr

kiwifarms.net
It Gets Worse.
Chicken breasts stuffed with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan, garlic, and balsamic vinegar, with some sun-dried vinagrette dressing (which is basically just more of those same ingredients, plus some other spices and flavors... and some sugar, no doubt, but the recipe doesn't use a huge amount of the dressing).

That really doesn't sound awful... am I missing something?

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Chicken breasts stuffed with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan, garlic, and balsamic vinegar, with some sun-dried vinagrette dressing (which is basically just more of those same ingredients, plus some other spices and flavors... and some sugar, no doubt, but the recipe doesn't use a huge amount of the dressing).

That really doesn't sound awful... am I missing something?
She's fat.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino