Careercow Jack Scalfani / Cooking With Jack - Youtube Celebrity "Chef" and Salmonella Survivor

If you really had to who would you sex?

• Total voters

DuckSucker

kiwifarms.net
"Once you cook extra virgin [olive oil], it's no longer extra virgin, it's regular olive oil. So you only use extra virgin in cold recipes." I'm no lipids expert but I don't think that's how it works.
I absolutely love that stupid ass Jack added some sort of Christian purity angle to fucking olive oil. "Once you use the olive oil, it's lost it's virginity. It's just oil now."

I thought it was just about the way it's pressed, and half of the stuff sold as olive oil isnt even true olive oil, it's like safflower oil or some shit. (Maybe grapeseed or sunflower?)

gREEEEEEEEEr

kiwifarms.net
This is bullshit on two different accounts!

1. If you're buying EVOO from Europe, it is highly regulated. It's extraction method is free from additives, solvents, or extraction methods other than cold pressing. Cooking it wouldn't change the way it was extracted.

2. If he goes the US route (which is likely since we know Jack is cheap as fuck when it comes to ingredients), the fat content after pressing is less than .8% per 100g. Cooking it won't add 1.2g of fat to the oil (which is what separates EVOO and VOO).

TL;DR: Jack doesn't know shit about olive oil or cooking.
You can deep fry with olive oil, even EVOO. I wouldn't, simply because EVOO is more expensive than other frying oils, but you can fry with it. Just don't put your fryer past 380° (I don't know why you would anyways) and you'll be good.
He's misquoting stuff that he doesn't understand. Some of the antioxidant components that make EVOO healthier than regular olive oil start to break down at higher temperatures, so it loses some of its advantage over regular olive oil (which is already pretty healthy). While the oil itself isn't damaged by the heat and remains perfectly safe (assuming that you're keeping it below its smoke point, of course), with as much more as it costs, it just doesn't really make sense to do that.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
You can deep fry with olive oil, even EVOO. I wouldn't, simply because EVOO is more expensive than other frying oils, but you can fry with it. Just don't put your fryer past 380° (I don't know why you would anyways) and you'll be good.
EVOO has a lower smoke point than most deep fryer standard settings, which are often 350-375. For high temperature deep frying, you want something like peanut oil or grapeseed oil (although the latter is more expensive).

Also EVOO emits an acrid smoke when it hits smoke point and the flavor goes off. Supposedly it also polymerizes and might generate carcinogenic compounds. Its flavor is wasted on deep frying, although it's perfectly good for medium/medium-high pan frying.

I'd usually use it for grilling sandwiches or in sauces or to pan fry lightly breaded fish or white meat but that's just preference.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One thing that never tires me in this thread as a foodie myself, we learn and educate people more dunking on Jack than his entire "Career" would ever do, and that even factors in the don't do what Jack does factor.

I'm not even trying to be funny but how off Jack sounds and behaves when filming in public is always a riot. I honestly don't blame the people who look legit unnerved around him.

Aaway

kiwifarms.net
Jack behaves like such a tool in public that it's only a matter of time before he pisses off the wrong person and gets his one-armed ass kicked.
i'm surprised he hasn't yet

he's been doing this for around 10 years now. given how he loves to shove his camera in people's faces or film them without their knowledge, its surprising he hasn't done it to the wrong guy who's just having a bad day and looking for a fight

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net

An older video, but it still holds up, and by holds up, I mean it's fucking wrong.

He tries to make elote. For those not from a border town, ellote is boiled or grilled corn topped first with butter, Mexican crema, then mayonnaise, cotija cheese, chili powder (or tajin) and lime juice. It's cheap and horrible for you, so of course it's delicious.

Jack fucks this up by substituting cotija cheese with parmesan. Also, a real elote on the cob is supposed to be unrecognizable as corn on the cob when you finish.

Also something I noticed: Jack now has a Join button on his channel. Join today for $5/month to get special loyalty badges for features Jack has shut off because he refuses to accept critique!

Dave Meltzer

kiwifarms.net
Wow that corn video is awful. 5:48 video with almost 3 of those minutes dedicated to a commercial for stik4u. The fool says it isn't a commercial but of course there are promo codes for the product in video description. Guy sure lies a lot.

JackDavis

kiwifarms.net
this one put me to sleep. not the usual 5 minute "show the parking lot, order fried food, complain" JOTG video

He had a lobster roll, pastrami sandwich, potato salad and iced coffee with cream and sugar. Is that keto?

Re: the potato salad. "It's to die for and it probably will kill me." "I could die here, it's that good." Foreshadowing?
"If you come out and visit, show respect to people. Don't be loud, don't be rough around this area." What a fucking hypocritical asshole.

What a fucking pig.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
He had a lobster roll, pastrami sandwich, potato salad and iced coffee with cream and sugar. Is that keto?

Re: the potato salad. "It's to die for and it probably will kill me." "I could die here, it's that good." Foreshadowing?
"If you come out and visit, show respect to people. Don't be loud, don't be rough around this area." What a fucking hypocritical asshole.

View attachment 751821
What a fucking pig.
The fuck is this disgusting shit? There ought to be a law...

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of he put a new video discussing this new feature where you can pay him 5 dollars a month for nothing.
I can see the EXCLUSIVE behind the scenes videos he's gonna produce. "Ok Jack Jr. Hit the record button, and don't forget to show the raw chicken I'm about to eat."

Jack decides to turn off all fan interactions unless you pay him.

Proverbs 15:27
The greedy bring ruin to their households, but the one who hates bribes will live.

Proverbs 15:31
The ear that listens to life-giving reproof will dwell among the wise.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino