Careercow Jack Scalfani / Cooking With Jack - Youtube Celebrity "Chef" and Salmonella Survivor; 2 Strokes and counting

DuckSucker

kiwifarms.net
LOL! “There’s one of these that are really hot...oh, yes there’s ‘Super Hot.’ This is the one that will probably kill me.”
Who knew?
I grew up eating Tex Mex over California Mexican "authentic" food because I grew up in Texas, but does California Mexican food use hot sauce? I thought that was like a southeast, east coast thing--maybe Louisiana where they actually make tobasco. Mexican food that I know of would use salsa, probably some roasted peppers or jalapeno, maybe pico de gallo or cilantro, and fajita meat. Hot sauce that I know is vinegary and you mostly put it on eggs and breakfast/breakfast tacos or maybe fried breaded foods like wings to brighten them up as vinegar cuts the heavy/fatty flavor.

I can only remember eating ground beef tacos when they were in actual taco shells at Taco Bell, or at elementary "school soft" taco lunches, and enchiladas--but enchiladas are really stretching the "ground meat+tortilla=taco" idea Jack seems to be have here. Maybe Im wrong but most street vendors/Tex Mex restaurants serve something closer to fajitas and just call them tacos, in my experience -- I mean theyre similar but a ground beef taco that isnt in a hard shell just seems messy.

You would think someone who grew up in California would know about his home state's food culture and maybe be informative and passionate about it, or even marginally know about Mexican food.

Last edited:

Aaway

kiwifarms.net
I grew up eating Tex Mex over California Mexican "authentic" food because I grew up in Texas, but does California Mexican food use hot sauce? I thought that was like a southeast, east coast thing--maybe Louisiana where they actually make tobasco. Mexican food that I know of would use salsa, probably some roasted peppers or jalapeno, maybe pico de gallo or cilantro, and fajita meat. Hot sauce that I know is vinegary and you mostly put it on eggs and breakfast/breakfast tacos or maybe fried breaded foods like wings to brighten them up as vinegar cuts the heavy/fatty flavor.

I can only remember eating ground beef tacos when they were in actual taco shells at Taco Bell, or at elementary "school soft" taco lunches, and enchiladas--but enchiladas are really stretching the "ground meat+tortilla=taco" idea Jack seems to be have here. Maybe Im wrong but most street vendors/Tex Mex restaurants serve something closer to fajitas and just call them tacos, in my experience -- I mean theyre similar but a ground beef taco that isnt in a hard shell just seems messy.

You would think someone who grew up in California would know about his home state's food culture and maybe be informative and passionate about it, or even marginally know about Mexican food.
street tacos like the ones he's attempting to make are always served with fresh salsa (red or green.) you can also serve them with grilled onions. they're never made with ground beef. carne asada, al pastor, and chicken are the most common meats but you can also find places that have carnitas, chorizo, lengua (tongue)

you don't eat them with hot sauce unless you're an uncultured boomer like jack.

Dannyboy

kiwifarms.net
One of the best taco places by me don't even serve ground beef tacos, the only time I've ever gotten them is either Taco Bell which I haven't gone to in years or as a bonus that comes with Tex-Mex lunch specials for like $1 extra.

TheTractor

kiwifarms.net
Funny detail I caught when he grabs a bottle of sauce in his videos;

He probably asks Tammy to open those bottles of sauce before filming and very loosely put the caps back on top of each one of them. And then struggles with his dead arm to grab each one and fake pressure to open them with his working hand.

His dead hand offers no grip, yet this instill on faking opening each bottles.

Arm prosthetic review in a year.

EvilDroid64

kiwifarms.net
Funny detail I caught when he grabs a bottle of sauce in his videos;

He probably asks Tammy to open those bottles of sauce before filming and very loosely put the caps back on top of each one of them. And then struggles with his dead arm to grab each one and fake pressure to open them with his working hand.

His dead hand offers no grip, yet this instill on faking opening each bottles.

Arm prosthetic review in a year.
I think it's the opposite, actually. The dead hand is in a state of rigor mortis, and it's hard for him to pry it open. You can see that when he grabs the barbecue sauces in the second barbecue sauce wars video. When he pulls the open jar out of his dead hand, it almost instantly snaps back.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if Jack knows they have Street Taco kits that you buy from Costco?

They have chicken and they have pork flavors, everything is included and made and packaged that day.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino