Culture 'Jackass' left a wake of pain, arrests and addiction - *Corona intensifies*

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I guess this is the Bam Margera thread?

Trivia: I saw him in person once before Jackass took off. I was at a convention all about Italian horror and Barbara Bouchet (star of Don't Torture a Duckling and several other giallo's) was a guest. I'm there at her Q&A and a scuzzy guy a few rows back asks her "Can you say Malle? From Don't Torture a Duckling?" "Malle?" "Yeah, there you go." I thought that was weird (the character's name was actually Michele but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because this is before there was a DVD release of Don't Torture a Duckling and perhaps the bootleg tape he had had fucked up audio or he was just being a faggot). Cut to several months later where I'm watching MTV and Jackass comes on and I'm like "That's the guy!"

PS: Bam writes like how Don Vito used to talk.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honest question though: is that really any worse than Jackass and the Tom Green Show and Celebrity Deathmatch and Loveline and all this shit? Or is it just different shit?
Nigga, I'll defend the Tom Green Show and Jackass. Celebrity Deathmatch was always shit but I liked it when I was a young and dumb kid. Side note: The propaganda for MTV was so strong back in the day that it was THE teenager channel so if you were a teenager or wanted to act like one you'd watch MTV. Loveline only lasted a season or two. Loveline was fine. It was way before we knew how much of a piece of shit Dr. Drew was.

Lunatic Fringe

Hebephrenic Schizophrenic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe I'm old now, but I look back at MTV's lineup in the year 2000, and it's like, Jesus Christ this is what people liked back then.
The phrase I (weirdly) heard a lot back then was "Young, Dumb and Full of Cum." (I'm sure other generations have used it too, probably.)

I'm one of those weird, old folks who get's 90's nostalgia so I have a soft spot for Jackass. Bam needs to get his shit together though. Bit sad now.

• Deviant
Reactions: BrunoMattei

Rogowski

one tree per nerd
kiwifarms.net
Maybe I'm old now, but I look back at MTV's lineup in the year 2000, and it's like, Jesus Christ this is what people liked back then.
Kids will feel the same way about mumble rap and whatever dumb shit they have going on these days. You really don’t think these kids will look back at the xxxtentacions and lil peeps and tekashi69s of this era and laugh at their fashion and mumble raps?

Honest question though: is that really any worse than Jackass and the Tom Green Show and Celebrity Deathmatch and Loveline and all this shit? Or is it just different shit?
Tom Green paved the way for Jackass. If they wouldn’t have had the success they did with Tom Green they may not have been as open to a show about skater junkies kicking each other in the nuts for 30 minutes. Jackass at its core was a 90s skate video minus the skating. Two separate camps of skaters in the industry combined their exceptionalism (Big Brother Skateboarding Magazine and Bam’s CKY crew) into a reel and shopped it around town and MTV was the one who bought it in the end. For more history of the show I suggest the Hulu documentary “Dumb: The Story Of Big Brother Magazine”

Trailer here:

Niggernerd

Spooky Fumika ready to cast a spell on you
kiwifarms.net
I didn't really watch it. It was just stupid to me. But my cousins were obsessed with Jackass and I'm surprised none of them were maimed or killed doing stupid things.

Not surprised everyone ended up screwed up on drugs. I could have sworn Bam Margera died. He's still alive? I must have been thinking of someone else.
he might as well be dead with the little BAM he has. Lmfao

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: frozenrunner

Irwin M. Felcher

immediate regret
kiwifarms.net
Kids will feel the same way about mumble rap and whatever dumb shit they have going on these days. You really don’t think these kids will look back at the xxxtentacions and lil peeps and tekashi69s of this era and laugh at their fashion and mumble raps?
I dunno, it is/was pretty common for folks to look back on the polyester disco and big hair metal eras with a cringe. Not everything old gets to be nostalgic.

Just picture these posts posted five times in a row with different captions all pleading with his followers to believe he’s not strung out on adderall. I didn’t back em up because they were tame compared to posts he still has up.

It seems right now that despite being in treatment his management is still posting on his IG to hawk cheap jewelry and HD versions of his old CKY videos so they probably cleaned it up.
View attachment 884900
View attachment 884903
In that second pic, you can really see his likeness to Phil. He starting to look like a fusion of Phil and a doodle bear.

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Fake Jan Brady
kiwifarms.net
Now it's all reality TV bullshit.
I will admit I did enjoy:

Everything involving Tiffany Pollard
Certain seasons of The Real World
The "I Love The" series
TRL
The Surreal Life
Top Model
Early Project Runway
Top Chef

Early seasons of Survivor was good shit too.

Unfortunately they make it glaringly obvious now that a majority of the stuff on reality shows is fake and scripted now.
We even got some famous people from reality tv: Emma Stone, Jamie Chung, Chris Pratt, Tiffany Pollard, etc.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
All this Bam hate, I'm surprised it's in a necro'd A&H thread. Bam reminds me a ton of Arin Hanson/Egoraptor. Both self-assured, egomaniacal, "I was RIGHT ALL ALONG!" high school drop-outs that try every possible thing for entreprenuership to make a buck and stick their dick in crazy, let themselves get mind-controlled by it, and have the same obnoxious fanbase.

Also,
The series showcased wild stunts in a world before iPhones, social media and YouTube, airing for two years and eventually morphing into nine films and four spin-offs.
How are there nine films? It was Jackass 1/2/3, Bad Grandpa, what else? Also I was kind of fond of Loiter Squad, A.K.A. Blackass, though it ended up being more sketch comedy than good pranks.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino