Trainwreck Jaclyn Hill - Beauty Guru, Morphe Shill, Senstive Clitoris

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone else find themselves checking their lipbalm or lipsticks for fuzzies and holes now?
Oh god yes.

Haven't found a SINGLE issue with any of the ones I have, though ... Even with the ones that are technically "expired."

(Yes, I'm one of those people who uses her makeup until it starts performing badly or until it starts smelling "off," because it's damn expensive. My face hasn't burned off yet, lol.)

I'm of the mindset that the Jaclyn lipsticks ARE expired and that they're years old ... However, I've found some old-ass lipsticks in my collection before and I haven't found anything like potential SPORES in them. This product must have been in storage for years and in horrible conditions (humidity and air quality issues? Has to be) before they were shipped out.

Aldora

YouGeeElWhy
kiwifarms.net
Oh god yes.

Haven't found a SINGLE issue with any of the ones I have, though ... Even with the ones that are technically "expired."

(Yes, I'm one of those people who uses her makeup until it starts performing badly or until it starts smelling "off," because it's damn expensive. My face hasn't burned off yet, lol.)

I'm of the mindset that the Jaclyn lipsticks ARE expired and that they're years old ... However, I've found some old-ass lipsticks in my collection before and I haven't found anything like potential SPORES in them. This product must have been in storage for years and in horrible conditions (humidity and air quality issues? Has to be) before they were shipped out.
I think the lipsticks are contaminated AND old, I think she didn't do safety checks when they were first made and she didnt do them when she decided to rush them out within the space of a few weeks. I think she knew they were old, but not that they were contaminated. I think she had the mindset of it's better to sell the old stock and maybe deal with one or two bad ones, rather then have to dump it all and wait for new stock to be produced.

And yeah, i havent ever had any issues with lipbalm or skincare items, even if they are a few years old or past their "use within x months when open"

cosmicdare

kiwifarms.net
I think the lipsticks are contaminated AND old, I think she didn't do safety checks when they were first made and she didnt do them when she decided to rush them out within the space of a few weeks. I think she knew they were old, but not that they were contaminated. I think she had the mindset of it's better to sell the old stock and maybe deal with one or two bad ones, rather then have to dump it all and wait for new stock to be produced.

And yeah, i havent ever had any issues with lipbalm or skincare items, even if they are a few years old or past their "use within x months when open"
I’ve had an eos balm get moldy on me in under a year but other than that, I’ve never even had a lipstick go bad in under 5 years. I mean, fuck, the cheap drugstore shit holds up beautifully. This entire launch is hilarious because the colors are boring as fuck, most of them have precise dupes from Maybelline or Wet n Wild or L’Oréal already (Colourpop has dupes for literally every shade she released), and she charged $18 for this sketchy shit that would sink even just a small indie company they were so horrific.

It’s just hilarious all around. She’s shockingly bad at this.

Dog Prom 3D

I made it rain shrimp! What'd *you* ever do?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm trying to understand where the shards of metal and plastic could come from? Were the beaters in the vats flaking? I'm wholly unfamiliar with the process of making cosmetics so does anyone have any insight into how something this bizarre could happen? Hair I sort of understand. I can also see how those small black flecks could happen - one person tracking in strange spores or flecks of dirt could cause that. But shards of metal? And no one noticed? I'd love to know if there is a reasonable way this could have happened.

I'm new to this woman and her scandals but I personally think these lipsticks have been in storage that was not climate controlled for several years. I wonder if she had a launch ready right about when her marriage fell apart. Perhaps she didn't want a big launch in her name which would make a lot of money to be considered marital income when divorce proceedings were in the works. So perhaps she sat on the launch for a long while until she was able to execute it without paying any money to her ex? Just spitballing since I don't know the dates that clearly.

This is really fucked up. But it has made me go through my lipsticks and smell them and look at them closely. Evidently all Maybelline "Color Sensational Creamy Matte" lipsticks smell like Play-Doh and it's supposedly no big deal but I tossed them anyway.

Rabbit

kiwifarms.net
I'm trying to understand where the shards of metal and plastic could come from? Were the beaters in the vats flaking? I'm wholly unfamiliar with the process of making cosmetics so does anyone have any insight into how something this bizarre could happen? Hair I sort of understand. I can also see how those small black flecks could happen - one person tracking in strange spores or flecks of dirt could cause that. But shards of metal? And no one noticed? I'd love to know if there is a reasonable way this could have happened.

I'm new to this woman and her scandals but I personally think these lipsticks have been in storage that was not climate controlled for several years. I wonder if she had a launch ready right about when her marriage fell apart. Perhaps she didn't want a big launch in her name which would make a lot of money to be considered marital income when divorce proceedings were in the works. So perhaps she sat on the launch for a long while until she was able to execute it without paying any money to her ex? Just spitballing since I don't know the dates that clearly.

This is really fucked up. But it has made me go through my lipsticks and smell them and look at them closely. Evidently all Maybelline "Color Sensational Creamy Matte" lipsticks smell like Play-Doh and it's supposedly no big deal but I tossed them anyway.
According to the bio chemist posted up thread, play-doh is the smell of rancid oils.

I'm going to have to smell mine. :'(

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
The only makeup I've had problems with is organic, preservative-free lipstick. They go bad much quicker.
I've had a few issues with MAC lip glasses, too ... For some reason.

Some MAC glosses last longer than others, from what I've found. Some of the glosses I've purchased from MAC over the years can go rancid VERY quickly. Some glosses I've been totally fine with, though. It's weird.

cosmicdare

kiwifarms.net
According to the bio chemist posted up thread, play-doh is the smell of rancid oils.

I'm going to have to smell mine. :'(
Maybelline’s standard perfume smell is sort of like if someone made a play-doh scented perfume. You can open a new one in store to get an idea of how they should smell—they don’t usually have any kind of seal.

remiem

The Lost Temple
kiwifarms.net
The fact this thread only has three pages is a bit puzzling, given how she's such a disaster.

I am cackling at this. She's deleted her twitter and instagram like a child. Thinking she could pull the wool over the eyes of all her followers and they'd be good little sheep and kowtow to her whims. Oh how the mighty fall.

Cheesegirl78

"I want to f**k you sex sex sex"
kiwifarms.net
I'm just...astounded that she went dark on her SM.
A reputable business owner would do everything they could to salvage this. Jaclyn has a huge fan base that would forgive her if she told the truth about the lipsticks, refunded their money, no questions asked, and quit making these stupid fucking excuses about cotton gloves and other crap.
But she sticks her head in the sand and thinks if she ignores this, it will go away.
And it seems like so many of these influencers that start businesses have no ethics at all.

• Agree
Reactions: annausagi2

theriddler3

not an actual confederate supporter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm just...astounded that she went dark on her SM.
A reputable business owner would do everything they could to salvage this. Jaclyn has a huge fan base that would forgive her if she told the truth about the lipsticks, refunded their money, no questions asked, and quit making these stupid fucking excuses about cotton gloves and other crap.
But she sticks her head in the sand and thinks if she ignores this, it will go away.
And it seems like so many of these influencers that start businesses have no ethics at all.
Did she do something new?...

sweetie_squad_4_lyfe

Unironic Weeb Trash
kiwifarms.net
The month-old one on YouTube?
well no one was talking about it >.< everything she does screams disingenuous liar. i have no idea how she got such a big following to begin with. also her face has always kinda freaked me out. like her cheeks and the rest of her face seems huge compared to her eyes. idk the proportions are just slightly off. idk if she got anything done or was just born like that.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Thought Jacklyn went silent and was going to be low key for a while.. Nope it’s just the calm before the next Shill push it seems 👀
Really? REALLY?

She can fuck right off with that.

And I've never purchased anything from Morphe before. Oddly enough, the constant shilling and collabs from several beauty gurus have worked as a turnoff for me when it comes to that brand. The fact that Morphe is still continuing to work with Jaclyn after all of this has convinced me to never consider buying from them. Ever.