Snowflake JaclynGlenn -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
Since we're mentioning Eugenia Cooney on this, has anyone seen the video where Eugenia's curling her hair and you can hear the grandmother and the mother arguing in the background?

Grandmother: You're gonna kill her!
Mother: I want the money!

The more videos I see about the mother, the more I can see why Jaclyn had to do this. She's completely right about the mother.

I don't want to double post. Jaclyn made a recent video about the Eugenia Cooney deal.

This is the video she should have done, honestly. Where she's calm and collected, and she's had time to think over what to say and can make clear points.
This is the video she should have made first if she had to make one. The previous one felt so opportunistic and was ultimately pointless because the main point was basically "we were the real helpers of Eugenia and even though we expected our drastic actions to end our friendship with her in exchange for her recovery, we didn't expect that we wouldn't be credited for what we did!".

I think it's pretty obvious that as usual Shane made a very biased video, but this one actually wasn't that harmful. It's good to make Eugenia the figurehead of "if I can recover so can you" and from the comments people have been inspired and hopeful for themselves. It wasn't really designed to help Eugenia with recovery but Shane being opportunistic (I mean, he totally ignored the advice given to him and made an ass of himself with the fat jokes), but again, it did more good than harm.

I can see where Jaclyn is coming from in this video but while I'm obviously satisfied knowing for certain what Eugenia's mother is like, I'm still worried that this video will do more harm than good for Eugenia. Not only will her mom potentially watch it and go "see, the girl that forced you to be committed without consent also spreads lies about me. Oh my heart", but now Eugenia might also get a new hoard of comments on her videos telling her her mom is terrible which is the last thing she needs and can lead to her relapsing faster and potentially long term

It's still kind of annoying that this whole thing happened because she got triggered that Eugenia may have referred to her as a bully despite them claiming they knew that would happen but Jaclyn isn't exactly known for being smart or for not being driven by her emotions. I get that she probably also means well but this isn't what she should be doing. There's no way she can't do this privately still or through someone else

Oscar Wildean

He's watching you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Without A Crystal Ball has done a few interesting videos about Eugenia Cooney but she recently interviewed Jaclyn Glenn and her video dives into more details from Jaclyn about Eugenia's development issues from having her eating disorder and how controlling the mother is.

@Candidae I guarantee that's why Eugenia tweeted this earlier:

Screenshot_2019-07-25 (1) Eugenia Cooney on Twitter There’s a lot of lies and false info going...png

Her mom probably pulled some kind of emotional manipulation already with that "see what they're saying about me, oh my heart" tactic.

Last edited:

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Gahhhh this whole situation sucks. Jaclyn really should have posted her recent video first; she comes across infinitely better here.

Eugenia really does seem to be a genuine sweetheart. I have been questioning her parent(s) for years now; blows my mind that they have done absolutely nothing to help her. If that were my daughter, I'd do everything I could to save her life. I cannot fathom being a parent just watching their child waste away like that. Her mother has to have sinister intentions ... There's no fucking way she has been oblivious to her daughter's condition.

I do agree that Eugenia still seems to be in denial about her condition. And it's easy for her to be in denial when the adults in her life are reinforcing that mentality to her. Her anorexia was so severe back in January that I simply refuse to believe that she needed only a month in rehab to "fix" it.

No hate towards Shane Dawson on my part. I thought his documentary was fine, and I truly believe that he had the best of intentions while making the video ... And I thought it was incredibly sweet of him to talk to Eugenia like a normal human being. Eugenia is a person who clearly needs more of that in her life. To me, she just seems to be a person who hasn't had many friends in her life, and that kind of breaks my heart. Plus, if Shane had not made the documentary, then we wouldn't have seen that Eugenia is still clearly in denial about her illness. Isn't that the point of a documentary, after all? We all saw the video, and a bunch of people came to their own conclusions.

All in all, Eugenia undoubtedly looks better than she has in years. She still looks underweight though, and it looks as if she can easily relapse, especially if her mom is still controlling her. I'm rooting for her though.

Irrelevant

kiwifarms.net
I think Jaclyn blindly blaming the mother when it could just as easily be Eugenia lying to dodge questions could lead to legal problems. Especially when Jaclyn even does the same to the brother who probably has no investment. Jaclyn understood what I think is the correct way to address anorexia but perhaps she doesn't realise extreme anxiety is the same.

No doubt the mother is probably negligent but maybe she tried in the past and has been worn out. I don't think this is a reason to hate her.

As long as Eugenia herself isn't being hate brigaded I hope we've moving in the right direction.

Last edited:

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
What's sad is I had high hopes when Eugenia suddenly moved back home to her parents. I hoped that her mom brought her home to help her daughter and to monitor her condition but it seems that wasn't the case. Ideally if drastic measures needed to be taken, it would have been her parents doing so or potentially her friends in collaboration with her parents. But who knows tbh. Maybe her mom was trying but just didn't know how to deal with the disorder. Her mom being creepy was mostly that video where she makes her prep but I've seen lots of moms act that way to their alternative girls cause moms really want their daughters to look nice (can confirm, I have a mom who has said this many a time)

Here's to hoping Jaclyn didn't totally fuck things up in regards to her mom being manipulative and controling. Part of me wonders if Jaclyn should have contacted Shane and explained the situation to him in hopes that he could help her get Eugenia out of her mom's control. It would unfortunately have to be initially through manipulation like suggesting she live on her own and then later start pointing out her mom's toxic behaviour but it could potentially have worked. Or at least something along those lines. Some psychologists do work through manipulation anyways so hopefully she sees one that's able to work through her brainwashing and get her to come to her own conclusions. Maybe that conclusion is her mom might love her but isn't the best for her, maybe it's to get better friends but whatever it is, hopefully she can become self sufficient and live her life as she should

Reactions: Oscar Wildean

Oscar Wildean

He's watching you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The one thing Jaclyn is right about is how she's screwed if she stays with her mother. At this point, Eugenia's brain has to be damaged from the anorexia. Which means she has to rely on her mother to take care of her. She has to be legit disabled by now.

As for Eugenia's mother- she's creepy in EVERY video she's in.

• Feels
Reactions: StarkRavingMad

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So was Eugenia living away from mom and then moved back home? People refer to her moving back to her parents but it seems the mother has always been around? Like even if Eugenia got an apt in LA (or wherever) her mom was also there.

Irrelevant

kiwifarms.net
So was Eugenia living away from mom and then moved back home? People refer to her moving back to her parents but it seems the mother has always been around? Like even if Eugenia got an apt in LA (or wherever) her mom was also there.
Eugenia and her brother were supposed to live alone in CA where her brother is going to college. Her parents live in CT and her mum was only supposed to visit CA to fix problems with the house. They all go back to CT for things like Christmas which you can tell because Eugenia's videos revert to her old room.

If anything it appears like Eugenia moving out is what caused her to get worse and her mum then moved to CA to help her.

It seems like Eugenia was treated in CT (her hairstylist where that photo came from is there) and is now definitely back in her CA room. If the mum wanted to control her and keep her away from people like Jaclyn surely she'd stay in CT?

E: Scratch that. The room she's been streaming in on Twitch is her old CT room but has been painted pink like her CA room.

Last edited:

Barbarella

Guards! To the Mathmos with this winged fruitcake.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if Eugenia’s mom has some form of munchausens by proxy? While they usually want attention from doctors, maybe she’s getting it from YouTube?

No way can you see your daughter in that state and not take her to a doctor. The whole thing is bizarre.

I haven’t followed Jaclyn so can’t say much except the video seemed sincere, if full of unnecessary detail. Not sure why youtubers take everything to video, it won’t change anything. J just hope Eugenia has psychiatrists and therapists she listens to now. It’s clear her family is toxic.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: StarkRavingMad

Orange//Net

Offically doxxed by the Antifa Furry Army
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if Eugenia’s mom has some form of munchausens by proxy? While they usually want attention from doctors, maybe she’s getting it from YouTube?

No way can you see your daughter in that state and not take her to a doctor. The whole thing is bizarre.

I haven’t followed Jaclyn so can’t say much except the video seemed sincere, if full of unnecessary detail. Not sure why youtubers take everything to video, it won’t change anything. J just hope Eugenia has psychiatrists and therapists she listens to now. It’s clear her family is toxic.
My take:
- Jaclyn genuinely thought that she was helping by exposing the mother. Not understanding how complex the issue was and got her ass burned.
- Part of me also thinks that she could ride the Shane wave of popularity around her, thinking it a "win win" situation.
So in conclusion: Jacyln went on a moral crusade and ended up with her tail between her legs. Do I think she had good intentions? Yes. Do I think she's a massive idiot for doing a shitty exposé making herself look an opportunist farming youtube views from an abusive relationship? Oh absolutely.

RavenCrow

It's only gay if the balls touch.
kiwifarms.net
I'm late here, but I don't understand why any of that needed to be public. So your friend is dying from anorexia, or whatever, and things aren't going as you want, so you upload a video to your thousands of followers talking shit about her? Seems weird, but maybe I just don't understand this vlogging / youtube culture bullshit.

averagejane

please pluck your nose hairs.
kiwifarms.net
I'm also late to this

Shane is such a slimey faggot rat, tbh. This girl is still recovering so he decides to do one of his videos on her? I don't agree that it was harmless. This is a critical time when relapsing could happen at any moment. There's no way Shane ISNT in it for profit. And since Eugenia is a fan of him what better way to weasle his way in and do a collab that'll rake in the coins.

I really do think Eugenia's mom is a sick fuck. If it took Jaclyn to force Euginia into rehab, not, i don't know... looking at your daughters WITHERED body, then the mom needs to get as far away from Euginia as possible.

Euginia is likely emotionally dependent on her mom which isn't uncommon for toxic relationships.

• Dumb
Reactions: thebananaonion