Careercow Jacob Wohl / JacobAWohl / Matthew Cohen / Surefire Intelligence / NeX Capital Management - Far-right fraudster and banned investor, charged with numerous felonies, best known for "hipster coffee shops" and attempting to frame Mueller and Democratic candidates

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
It's still illegal to do that, just as it is still illegal to rip people off with scams even if the scams are so dumb only a moron would fall for them.
Illegal or not the point still stands. It's conspiracy bullshit that if you vote by mail suddenly they have your address and can come after you with whatever tools they have at their disposal.

If anybody who heard that was influenced not to vote then sorry but they shouldn't be voting in the first place.

Paranoia Machine

Paranoid Android
kiwifarms.net
Illegal or not the point still stands. It's conspiracy bullshit that if you vote by mail suddenly they have your address and can come after you with whatever tools they have at their disposal.

If anybody who heard that was influenced not to vote then sorry but they shouldn't be voting in the first place.
You would be amazed at how very little voters we would have left. People are inherently stupid, especially here in the states.

I feel like we need some kind of morality+basic intelligence aptitude test administered yearly in order to even vote on local tier elections. If people like Moviebob or DSP can vote, something is wrong.

not william stenchever

Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You would be amazed at how very little voters we would have left. People are inherently stupid, especially here in the states.

I feel like we need some kind of morality+basic intelligence aptitude test administered yearly in order to even vote on local tier elections. If people like Moviebob or DSP can vote, something is wrong.
Only problem with that is if you empower an institution to determine who can vote it will be massively abused.

polyester

kiwifarms.net
A person who violates 1 or more of the following subdivisions is guilty of a felony:
(a) A person shall not attempt, by means of bribery, menace, or other corrupt means or device, either directly or indirectly, to influence an elector in giving his or her vote, or to deter the elector from, or interrupt the elector in giving his or her vote at any election held in this state.

Damn, "corrupt means" to "influence" sounds like it goes way beyond cases of criminal hucksters like our boy Jacob.

If a news outlet (say, hypothetically, CNN) constantly misquotes a candidate in order to sway their audience to vote for the other candidate, then the misquote could certainly be considered an ethically "corrupt means" to "influence electors".
But there's no way that suing a news outlet for that would hold up against the First Amendment, right?

(Of course, chances are I'm misunderstanding the sentence somehow 'cause I don't speak lawyer.)

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I sometimes forget the guy is 22 because of all of this shit he is caught up with. How long will it be until we get a Netflix docuseries on his life?
It's really impressive how much limelight he's managed to capture in his short time on this earth so far. He loves the attention and he really knows how to get it. On the other hand, I consider it a matter of great personal pride that I've reached my mid-forties without ever having held a press conference. Having the media's attention is never a good thing for a pleb.

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If a news outlet (say, hypothetically, CNN) constantly misquotes a candidate in order to sway their audience to vote for the other candidate, then the misquote could certainly be considered an ethically "corrupt means" to "influence electors".
Maybe if the news outlet was calling up individual voters trying to influence them by calling their phone.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net

I wouldn't be amazed because it's as the great George Carlin put it. "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

We're a country of morons who react to dog whistles and rhetoric and think that somehow in electing one person over another it means the country is somehow "on the right track". Politicians are in it for themselves and to get reelected and are not doing it for the people. They're doing it for their donors. Trump is no different in that than Biden is. Whether Trump wins or Biden wins it's not going to change anything except one side is going to do a victory lap for the next four years and the other side will cry about it and threaten to move to Canada or Mexico.

And if we'd have some kind of test for people to take then instead of only 30% of the population voting it would be whittled down to something like 10%.

Not Really Here

Something's wrong with my neck sleeve
kiwifarms.net
But he is a propagandist. He's practically admitted it. The DA for Brooklyn, where the ACORN video was shot as well as the Attorney General said that the tapes had been heavily edited to get the workers to say things to appear guilty. He was charged and had to pay $100K in damages and expressed regret for any pain and suffering he caused. The Government Accountability Office published in their report that ACORN had not mishandled their money as O'Keefe claimed they did.

He's done other things in an attempt to take down Democrats and he's been really sloppy in his handling of them in part because, as stated, he's not interested in accountability so long as he gets the story he wants. And if he can't get it, he'll just edit the video to make it say what he wants them to.
Literally everything is propaganda.
It was in California, the case was over recording without consent, and the settlement (not ordered damages) was indeed 100k.
Edit: The actual story.

• Informative
Reactions: TitanWest

LesbianSleepoverParty

kiwifarms.net
Something else I don't understand is that since the robocall says to beware of vote by mail, if anyone receiving the call believed it, wouldn't they just go vote in person instead? Jacob probably figured he could get away with saying not to vote by mail as opposed to saying don't vote at all.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Trombonista

TitanWest

Based Penguin Guy
kiwifarms.net
I think he's absolutely convinced he's going to help Trump win, and then Trump will pardon him and Burkman, and then give them cushy government jobs where they can abuse their authority and not be held accountable by anyone.
Trump can only pardon for federal offenses. If Michigan, Ohio, or other states prosecute him then Trump can't do anything.

Taco

kiwifarms.net
Something else I don't understand is that since the robocall says to beware of vote by mail, if anyone receiving the call believed it, wouldn't they just go vote in person instead? Jacob probably figured he could get away with saying not to vote by mail as opposed to saying don't vote at all.
I think he was hoping he'd get a bunch of random poor people who were motivated enough to check a few boxes and drop a form in the mail to vote but either not motivated enough, too scared of Corona, or too worried about missing work to go vote in person. Keep in mind in a lot of heavily populated urban districts the line to vote can be hours long on election day.

Taco

kiwifarms.net
Literally everything is propaganda.
It was in California, the case was over recording without consent, and the settlement (not ordered damages) was indeed 100k.
Edit: The actual story.
From the article

As soon as O’Keefe and his partner-in-crime left the ACORN location, Mr. Vera called the police to report the entire incident. It turns out that Vera had been playing along with O’Keefe in an effort to ensnare O’Keefe and Giles whom Vera believed were in the act of breaking the law by proposing to engage in the importing of young women to become prostitutes.
So part of the actual story is one of the guys in the video heard veritas plant's story to pimp out women, played along to not spook them off, then immediately called the police to report it thinking he just busted up a sex trafficking ring.

Granted it's unclear if O'Keafe had any idea this was how it transpired but it's worth noting the original video was heavily edited including footage shot seperately to make it look like they walked into the Acorn office looking like college kids dressed as a 70's street pimp and ho for Halloween which definitely didn't happen. So it's pretty safe to say this was more hit piece than investigative journalism.
6521A7F7-74C5-4FB7-84EA-A306FA9E0A1B.jpeg

In the end O'Keefe got what he wanted. Acorn was defunded and some big money jumped in to have him stir up more shit which he continues to do to this day. He was likely the prototype for what Lil Jacob was trying to achieve. Didn't work out very well though because his plans were terrible and he's an idiot.

NulWillBecomeTranny

IGGER
kiwifarms.net

Can I design the morality+intelligence test? I would exclude asians and blacks respectively.

soft kitty

1 like = 1 pet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, that was quick!

Jacob and Jack are now under investigation in Ohio, where scores of low-income households received more of their voter intimidation robocalls - like what they're looking down the barrel of 24 years in prison in Michigan for. Both the prosecutor and the judge got wind of the new investigation in Ohio, prompting the judge to say that he's going to toss their sorry asses in jail if the validity of the rumors are true. (Go to 00:47:45, for this part)

Serious question: Is Jacob retarded?
Holy shit, that's crazy. Yes! Obviously. This is one of the biggest retards I've ever seen

I'm surprised this dumbass manages to breath. How is he still alive? Why hasn't somebody killed him yet? This sack of shit does not deserve to breath the same air as me.

Reactions: Norman B. Normal

Paranoia Machine

Paranoid Android
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't be amazed because it's as the great George Carlin put it. "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

We're a country of morons who react to dog whistles and rhetoric and think that somehow in electing one person over another it means the country is somehow "on the right track". Politicians are in it for themselves and to get reelected and are not doing it for the people. They're doing it for their donors. Trump is no different in that than Biden is. Whether Trump wins or Biden wins it's not going to change anything except one side is going to do a victory lap for the next four years and the other side will cry about it and threaten to move to Canada or Mexico.

And if we'd have some kind of test for people to take then instead of only 30% of the population voting it would be whittled down to something like 10%.
Preaching to the choir in all honesty.
It's difficult being aware of the political situation because no matter how anything goes, you realize that all of these people are cut from the same cloth. Biden, Trump, Hillary, Obama, McCain; at the end of the day they are self-serving figureheads for a bipolar government that cannot make up it's mind and would not do so even if they could. It's interactive theater. It gives us the impression that we somehow have a choice, but in the end it was always going to play out the same way.
It's frustrating. Sometimes it can even seem tempting to get in on the action, but it doesn't really matter in the end.
The inevitability is that our freedoms will be whittled down slowly while we are kept docile with an overexposure of social media and pop culture.
And the worst part about all of this is that it could all change tomorrow. All it takes is for people to take a stand for themselves and shock the system just enough to get some proper reform that would benefit everyone. But it will never happen.
People are more focused on cutting out their little slice of the world that they can be comfortable in, happy to put the blinders on to just how fucked things really are. "Why upset the system? I have to keep up with the Kardashians"

No one man can make a difference and it sucks that a lot of us were brought up with the belief that we could make a difference in an indifferent world. Even with the best intentions; you will never change a system without appealing to short sighted, stupid people who will ultimately see to the undoing of all of your good work for the right price.

So sit back, crack a cold one and remember what Null said. "If you aren't laughing, then you are the joke"

I happily welcome my tophats and autisms on this post.