• ”Um, who borrowed a pair of my panties withoot asking, crapped in them and returned them? I might still wear them if it was someone cool.”

James Damore et al v. Google LLC (2017)

Discussion in 'Lolcow & Lolcow LLP' started by mindlessobserver, Jan 9, 2018.

1. James Damore, David Gudeman and others of their class (et al) are bringing suit against Google LLC in the Superior Court of California for the County of Santa Clara. They are alleging 9 separate unlawful acts by Google based upon discrimination and official reprisal against employees based upon their race (Caucasian) their gender (Male) and their political affiliation (Conservative). They also allege the crime of Tameny, punishment for informing corporate of ongoing illegal activity, as well as malicious intent by Google for all acts deserving of additional punitive action by the court.

Plaintiffs seek class action and Jury trial with injunctive relief and damages to be proven at trial. Considering the allegations, the damages to google would be considerable.

You can read the full lawsuit here.

https://www.scribd.com/document/368688363/James-Damore-vs-Google-Class-Action-Lawsuit

Some great highlights from the lawsuit include senior managers using ANTIFA symbols in internal company communications.

[​IMG]

Managers complaining about internal threats to the "diversity" and the need to create a means of removing these ideological criminals.

[​IMG]

And for pure pottery, discussion on how Black Lives Matter and also I am sleeping in the office tonight because my wife is cucking me at home. (Yes, this is literally in a formal lawsuit submitted as evidence)

[​IMG]

The snowflakes on twitter are reacting as you might expect. With thoughtful reasoning, discussion and oh wait...

[​IMG]

All in all, this particular piece of legal drama is about to consume the Internets largest presence and good riddance to that.

• Winner  x 21
    • Informative  x 8
    • DRINK  x 1
    • Autistic  x 1
    • Dumb  x 1
    #1 mindlessobserver, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  2. I'm absolutely ready with popcorn. I fully expect SJW-tier communications to be normal at Google and I hope to see it all get thrown out into the public in the courts.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Google allows peer-review bonuses which were used, in Damore's case, to reward people who admonished Damore's essay. Interestingly, this is a tactic used in China. The Party will grant you certain privileges and bonuses for being loyal.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 32
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. He needs to show this was directed at his race, sex, or other protected category, though. It's generally legal to discriminate on the basis of political belief. You could, for instance, fire all the Democrats if this weren't a veiled way of going after race or some other protected category.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous sittin in the fabled catbird seat
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  5. Screenshot_20180109-113351_01.jpg

"..Sexually identifies as 'a yellow-scaled wingless dragonkin' and 'an expansive ornate building'.."

Is Google gonna buy tumblr next? :story:

On a more serious note, Google is definitely going to lose a lot of respect as this trial goes, if not money too.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 9
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    #5 neural, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    neural

neural #MakeTheFootClanGreatAgain
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. This definitely seems like harassment.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 28
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. you can't harass white men

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  8. https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/california-employment-discrimination-31690.html
    "In addition, California state law also prohibits discrimination based on: ... Political activities or affiliations"

bing bing bong bong

• Winner  x 16
    • Informative  x 5
    • Semper Fidelis  x 4
    • Agree  x 3
    • Like  x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  9. This actually has more legs than I expected and will probably get settled quietly.

• Agree Agree x 19
    Dynastia

Dynastia woman respecter
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. When they first brought forth the suit everyone expected it to be a "haha 1st amendment that means companies can't censor me OWNED" lolsuit but when everyone realized it invoked the fucking basketcase california employee rights laws, a hush tone fell over those who are rather inclined to punch nazis.

Do everything you can to protect illegal immigrants (the fact their laws prevent employer discrimination against "immigration status" fucking floors me, you'd think that'd be a primary concern of any employer of any country) and da minorities and da poor people to secure your democratic state legislature and federal nominees. Then, act surprised when they're used against you.

• Like Like x 22
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  11. I was thinking more because most companies that illegally discriminate in their hiring are usually smart enough to pretend they're not.

• Agree Agree x 13
    Dynastia

Dynastia woman respecter
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Well it's in California and based on California law.

The current generation of "woke" idiots is unaware of these laws, or actually thinks "unless you do it to white males" is a defense. It isn't.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 2
    AnOminous

kiwifarms.net
  13. People on the other side of the argument also complained that they did not fire him fast enough, or that he was hired in the first place.

I think this also shows that taking any social or political stance as a buisness is a terrible idea, that way lies madness. Just do not do it, leave people alone.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 2
    isBubba

isBubba Amateur Meme Maker

kiwifarms.net
  14. This is probably why the lawyers decided to go with State court rather then Federal. The idiots have literally stepped in their own shit.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  15. Reminds me of when Wonder Woman came out and the NYC Alamo Drafthouse announced they would be holding woman-only screenings, only to have to backtrack when it came out that was illegal due to the city's anti-discrimination laws.

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    emspex

emspex nice girl
    Staff Member Manager True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. I honestly believe the people who write those laws don't even consider the possibility that Caucasians or Males could use them. Having read the lawsuit I think they have a case here. At the very least Google won't be able to get it tossed out on the merits. Either Damore, Gudeman or both were busy saving all these documents, emails and internal social media posts that definitely show that google had the culture they are being accused of. Which means if nobody settles the Judge will allow discovery to proceed. That means supoenas and all of googles internal shit (like the alleged blacklist google docs) will get dragged out into public.

Alot of snowflakes are probably fearing the warmth of the sun right now.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Yup. Unless ones business is a political or social-based organization (i.e. ACLU), it's generally a smart idea for the vast majority of companies to remain as apolitical as possible in the public arena. Fortunately for those of us who enjoy a good bucket of popcorn, the vast majority of companies are not smart.

That said, is California an "at-will employment" state? Meaning an employer could terminate your position for any given reason they deem necessary, and the pink slip'd one has no legal recourse when it comes to a lawsuit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Debrotherized Luigi

Debrotherized Luigi Late Night Delight

kiwifarms.net
  18. I hope it won't get settled, though Lord knows Google has has obscene amounts of cash to make it go away. I want all of Google's shady shit come to light, especially in light of the company motto being "Do no evil." (lol)

• Agree Agree x 14
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Buzzfeed comments section is delivering as usual.

Buzzfeed.png

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Like Like x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  20. All 50 states are more or less at-will at this point. You still can't fire for discriminatory reasons.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    AnOminous

kiwifarms.net
Tags:
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.