[Jan-2019] Resident Evil 2 Hardcore Difficulty - Cuz he's got "balls of steel"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Phil exclusively played the Resident Evil 2 remake January 25, 26, 27 (no second stream, because he had to "pay bills"), and 28.

Coming to the end of the Pre-Stream with a lack of "contributions", a move to stall for time paid off with a "Cheer war" and $250 in Tips. Phil then "fucks around, teasing playing assisted before he opts to choose hardcore because he has 'balls of steel'" (from @Surly Muppet's posts here).

Phil's notably had difficulty with difficulty settings in the past. The July 2018 playthrough of Silent 2 comes to mind, where a pleasant stream that had not yet faced adversity became a "Calling fans 'dickheads'" stream once Phil had faced adversity.

Phil added the difficulty to the stream title at the suggestion of a viewer (courtesy of @PieceofShet).

Possibly because "that sick motherfucker" Tevin wasn't "stealing" his views at the time, Phil's first Resident Evil 2 "HARDCORE DIFFICULTY" stream reached an unusual high of almost 800 viewers. Even while Tevin was mirroring during the day's second RE2 premiere stream, Phil again capping off at a notable second stream high (source). The following day's RE2 streams declined as expected, but continued to do well for Phil.

@LostMy1stAccount provided the link to David Davidson's re-stream of the first premiere here.

Blue balls of steel:

FIRST ZOMBIE KILLED HIM. I told you.
took him literally just 2 minutes. Out of ammo on the first zombie.
Phil opened the 27th's second steam celebrating the "high contributions". This would come to include a $200 Tip from "PlanetJeff", who's donation message made mention of his recently deceased wife.

It was with a boss Phil encountered during the 27th's second stream that caused the gameplay wheels to finally come off. “Waste of my time”, “so fucking stupid”, the developers are “idiots”, etc. Phil even brought out a new DSPism for the event. Those that were instructing him, that had guided his success so far, were now "Armchair Quarterbacks".

Phil's Leon A Scenario:

-Total Time: 18:13:24
-Saves: 27
(courtesy of @N0thingICanDo)

@Comma's post pretty much sums up the 28th's first stream:

View attachment 651242

Doing a full day of Resident Evil 2 Hardcore sucks:
View attachment 651240

DSP lashes out at chat for giving him advice:
View attachment 651241

"Don't tell me how to play, shut the fuck up":

An anonymous user gifts a sub to Bionich00t, DSP says "congrats, stop being a dick":
View attachment 651245

Like with Silent Hill 2, Phil was again "Calling fans 'dickheads'" with Resident Evil 2.

Last edited:

gin_nose

kiwifarms.net
PseudonymousGamer:dspCheer 15001500 GO HARDCORE OR DIE!! :( Also How is your day Phil? You look amazing as always.

I assume this is another troll wasting money???? You look amazing as always? he looks objectively fucking terrible and ugly as always, this has to be a troll. what the fuck is wrong with these people

thebonesauce

The North American Jape
kiwifarms.net
Over 750 viewers, gotta be over $300 total so far with cheers and tips. he is getting worse and worse, more cocky and more cocky, lazier and lazier, ruder and nastier and richer and richer, this world just makes no sense anymore.
If I might make a suggestion; step back from shit involving DSP for like a week. It’s done wonders for my psyche. I just get the impression you’re getting burnt out... Just take a few days off bub. You’ll thank me later.

Pargon

Internet Segregationist
kiwifarms.net
If I might make a suggestion; step back from shit involving DSP for like a week. It’s done wonders for my psyche. I just get the impression you’re getting burnt out... Just take a few days off bub. You’ll thank me later.
I endorse this and I'll be doing the same thing. Not a flounce, just backing off for a bit.

Guy's tahksik, after all.

Fuckoffdad

#DownSizePhil
kiwifarms.net
I've played a few hours of hardcore. Is it brutal? Not really it's just standard old school RE rules.. you'd think he'd be used to it. Once you get some defense weapons and take to heart you shouldn't splurge all your ammo on every enemy you see you'll start to get used to it. Obviously the biggest change here is baiting zombies to stumble forward since it doesn't work like it used to. Will it be brutal for Phil? Probably. He is the type to get hung up on a handful of deaths afterall.. so desperate to get the game over with that he'll sacrifice sure footing often. People are just gonna die a bit until they get in on to the fact they made zombies dangerous again.. mostly by being massive sponges.

Seems like there are a decent amount of healing items and sometimes you get lucky being able to take an extra bite. Now that I've said this wait and see all the ways he'll prove me wrong and luck his way through dumb shit/get blown up at the easier parts.

Reactions: Haunter

thebonesauce

The North American Jape
kiwifarms.net
I endorse this and I'll be doing the same thing. Not a flounce, just backing off for a bit.

Guy's tahksik, after all.
Yeah, I’m not out of the game completely but my entirety of Phil knowledge at least for the last week or two is strictly from the Farms. I haven’t watched a restream in a while because I just can’t listen to him for hours lately. I’ve just had enough for a bit, but I’m still gonna stick around and read about his comedy called Life.

Fuckoffdad

#DownSizePhil
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I’m not out of the game completely but my entirety of Phil knowledge at least for the last week or two is strictly from the Farms.
It's the best way honestly and the only way I've been able to keep it going. Though I appreciate the fact that what helps this place turn over are the valiant souls that endure his flaming diaper streams every day in order to catalogue all the noteworthy exceptionalism.. I don't know how they do it but they have my gratitude. :feels:

Pubic Enemy #1

Oi m8 wot if ur mam was an email
kiwifarms.net
I know the babby difficulties have adaptive difficulty, so it gets easier if you die a lot. But I'm assuming the hard mode doesn't have that, right? So he's fucked. At first I was hoping we'd get some good salt as a result, but it'll just result in Phil sulking until chat handholds him through every boss, secret, and zombie encounter in the game for another dishwater playthrough.

• Agree
Reactions: geekboy400

Wurstbrot

Basic Understanding Of Time
kiwifarms.net
Over 750 viewers
Huh, color me surprised. And I thought a high anticipated game won't get much views these days, as people won't want the spoilers or getting the game ruined by pigroach. I don't want to watch Phil play any game, especially the ones I might be buying. Well, maybe survival-horror isn't the taste of most people; don't play it, just watch it. Also thanks to the demo version many ppl already know the beginning, so there's that. As long as Kingdom Hearts 3 stays below 300 views my hope in humanity stays up strong.

N0thingICanDo

I'm Pressing Buttons (show controller)
kiwifarms.net
Phil was grabbing by the boss, got pierced with a metal pipe through the gut

"Wuuuut? I died? Boolsheeeet. That was supposed to be a quick-time event, instead I just died, the game never explained anything!"

(T-pose)

He is already hand-held by the chat and now he makes the game script too?

2019-01-25 (1).png

LostMy1stAccount

kiwifarms.net
Huh, color me surprised. And I thought a high anticipated game won't get much views these days, as people won't want the spoilers or getting the game ruined by pigroach. I don't want to watch Phil play any game, especially the ones I might be buying. Well, maybe survival-horror isn't the taste of most people; don't play it, just watch it. Also thanks to the demo version many ppl already know the beginning, so there's that. As long as Kingdom Hearts 3 stays below 300 views my hope in humanity stays up strong.
Phil is also a little late to the party.
There were a huge amount of people already playing (and streaming) the game 20-24 hours ago.
So the people interested in the game probably have already beaten their first run, are in the later part of the story or have already watched someone play it.

Still don't get why he doesn't do a midnight-release stream for such huge titles.

I believe Maximilian streamed the game for like 15 hours straight yesterday.

Last edited:

ProdigalDuke

Boundless and bare
kiwifarms.net
Tevin hasnt been restreaming, so chop off a good 200-300 there I guess. Typically boring affair from DSP as usual, lets plays for the blind. Shocked by his decision to play on a harder difficulty, hoping that comes back to bite him in the arse later for some real salt.

• Agree
Reactions: actually

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Over 750 viewers, gotta be over $300 total so far with cheers and tips. he is getting worse and worse, more cocky and more cocky, lazier and lazier, ruder and nastier and richer and richer, this world just makes no sense anymore.
Spoiler alert:
He'll have 3-400 viewers by tomorrow

Hasn't that always been the case with new games? He gets a decent amount of extra viewers that find a better snorter to watch once the hype has died down.

thebonesauce

The North American Jape
kiwifarms.net
Spoiler alert:
He'll have 3-400 viewers by tomorrow

Hasn't that always been the case with new games? He gets a decent amount of extra viewers that find a better snorter to watch once the hype has died down.
For some reason, detractors are a lot like the way Phil thinks that his fans think. They think if Tevin isn’t restreaming he ain’t ever coming back so off to Phil’s stream to inflate his numbers and make him think what he does is interesting. If DSP content isn’t being sent through a filter, it’s gonna be shit and I want no parts of just a DSP stream. It’s a big reason I haven’t been viewing.

Pubic Enemy #1

Oi m8 wot if ur mam was an email
kiwifarms.net
"If only the game had a dodge," says Dark. Already at the phase where the game isn't hard, just annoying and badly designed. We'll have a chimpout at the assholes in chat who actually wanted something interesting to watch, then a sulk, then extreme handholding. Birkin is such a mentally ill idiot!

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For some reason, detractors are a lot like the way Phil thinks that his fans think. They think if Tevin isn’t restreaming he ain’t ever coming back so off to Phil’s stream to inflate his numbers and make him think what he does is interesting. If DSP content isn’t being sent through a filter, it’s gonna be shit and I want no parts of just a DSP stream. It’s a big reason I haven’t been viewing.
idk I always made a point of including links to DSP's actual streams.
Someone like Tevin does usually add enough commentary or substance to warrant a restream but I doubt it really matters even if there is no restream available.
I'd actually be more impressed if someone like Tevin waited 24 hours before restreaming anything... only because there's no chance in hell DSP will ever gain or keep any significant amount of viewers.

With a 24 hour delay, DSP's moaning about detractors would make no sense. With or without restreams its obvious he'll never get a ton of viewers, so him not having a convenient excuse available every day makes for more comedy.

DSP's version of "enough money" is when his Twitch channel gets $5000 a day with 6 million viewers and his YouTube videos regularly pull in 20 million views each.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
"If only the game had a dodge," says Dark. Already at the phase where the game isn't hard, just annoying and badly designed. We'll have a chimpout at the assholes in chat who actually wanted something interesting to watch, then a sulk, then extreme handholding. Birkin is such a mentally ill idiot!
Well to give him some credit, there was a shitty dodge in RE3 and later in the Revelations games.
But this is also a remake, so just like REmake 1, they didn't include a dodge either. Also it's using the RE7 engine it looks like, so they probably haven't figured out some sort of dodge function.

Man it's almost like Phil should have replayed the older RE games up to this release to prepare himself.

Also, agree on his views will dip really hard after his initial stream. Happens to everyone usually. You get big views and everyone will see how this run goes and just feel free to watch someone else. Especially someone who plays these types of games more and can appreciate it instead of bitching the whole time.

gin_nose

kiwifarms.net
Its almost like you read my mind, i was typing in that message i was going to take a few days off from the pig but i didnt end up finishing it. its exactly what i need. its when he is riding high and he gets ultra cocky and thinks hes so hilarious that i jsut cant take him. im going to stay away from his streams for a few days i think. unless reality slaps him in the face and the world becomes right again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino